HeadAmp Pico Slim Portable Amplifier
Dec 7, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #1,098 of 1,103
thats how justin rolls.....

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #1,099 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Micro USB is the new "standard" established by the USB-IF on January 4, 2007. Nokia, Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson and LG (among others) have all adopted this connector moving forward.

I'm 99% certain the micro connector is shown on the far left in this image.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f4/USB_types_2.jpg[/IMG]
pictured: micro USB, mini USB, B-type, female A-type, A-type

It's not the same as the one on the far left. That's the older type Micro USB. The newer Micro USB Type B is the same width as Mini USB, but a little thinner. The giveaway are two little "locking tabs" on the bottom flat side for the newer Micro USB Type B.

I have some older devices that use (some digicams and a bluetooth headset). The newer Micro USB Type B is pretty stupid because it's not really that much smaller than the old Mini USB. But it's been adopted as a standard charging connector for phones internationally, so get used to it. At least until they make something else "standard".

Newer Micro USB B (smaller connector on the right, shown with flat side up, notice the two locking tabs)
31663big.jpg

To make things even more confusing, here's the oddball Micro USB Type A.
h703045_2_3___84962.jpg

-Ed

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #1,100 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow. First 100 preorders were gone in less than 2 hours.

To be honest, I'm not surprised. On paper at least, nothing can touch it as a portable IEM amp.

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #1,102 of 1,103
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not the same as the one on the far left. That's the older type Micro USB. The newer Micro USB Type B is the same width as Mini USB, but a little thinner. The giveaway are two little "locking tabs" on the bottom flat side for the newer Micro USB Type B.

I have some older devices that use (some digicams and a bluetooth headset). The newer Micro USB Type B is pretty stupid because it's not really that much smaller than the old Mini USB. But it's been adopted as a standard charging connector for phones internationally, so get used to it. At least until they make something else "standard".

Newer Micro USB B (smaller connector on the right, shown with flat side up, notice the two locking tabs)
31663big.jpg

-Ed

ed, i think the amazon kindle has a micro usb...not sure if it's the newer type B, though...do you happen to know?

i also think the mophie battery cases for the iphone have micro USB plugs...not sure about the version, though. i should probably check in case i do need the cable from justin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back