HeadAmp Pico Slim Portable Amplifier
Dec 2, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #976 of 1,103

super_fied

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Posts
473
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jckp919 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you are not crazy, you are just rich...


lol,just someone who's using the money intended for a lens go into this buys first,thankfully the other half is pretty supportive...

btw is it typical for justin not to reply after u've made your purchase?i was asking him a couple of questions and he answered them..subsequently when i emailed him telling him that i've sent payment over and to ask for a tracking number,there's been no reply despite a couple of emails...getting really excited and a little anxious as well.
 
Dec 3, 2009 at 7:37 AM Post #977 of 1,103

SoupRKnowva

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Posts
4,664
Likes
130
Location
Austin, TX
so i was at first debating between the shadow and the RX, and decided i could live with the slight hiss from the RX. But now i find out about this beast, and im assuming it will be silent with IEMs, since thats what it was designed for
smily_headphones1.gif
and im planning on getting a pair of JH 13's here in the next couple of weeks, this seems to be a good match, now if only i hadnt missed that sale on the pica dac
frown.gif
 
Dec 3, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #982 of 1,103

super_fied

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Dec 1, 2009
Posts
473
Likes
12
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
call him on the phone


I would, but only as a last resort...as i'm based overseas, will probably do that on Monday if i had no choice


Quote:

Originally Posted by Azimuth77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I emailed him a question recently and had a response in 2 hours. Great service.


I got that too a couple of days ago, really fast responses to the mundane questions i had on the amplifier, then when it came to pulling the trigger, payment sent, no reply as yet...it's like he descended into his secret lab to work on the latest and the greatest
biggrin.gif
I'm just hoping he gives me an answer on my shipping so I can expect to expect it to ship to Singapore!

Sorry guys on the OT, on the other hand, it does divert some suspense in waiting for the slim yah...
biggrin.gif
 
Dec 4, 2009 at 5:59 PM Post #984 of 1,103

Paradoxus

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Posts
62
Likes
7
Anyone have any idea how long the waiting time is from the time the pre-order starts till shipping out of the amp? Are we looking at 3-4 days or like 3-4 weeks? Presuming that payment is made once information on how to pay is available?
 
Dec 4, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #988 of 1,103

Paradoxus

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Posts
62
Likes
7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone have any idea how long the waiting time is from the time the pre-order starts till shipping out of the amp? Are we looking at 3-4 days or like 3-4 weeks? Presuming that payment is made once information on how to pay is available?


Omg I've just sat here and read all 66 pages of this thread. And now I want to be sure I dont miss the pre-order.

And I havent heard anything about my above post (its quoted).

Lastly, I havent read much about anything regarding the BASS of this beauties. That is to say, how does the bass compare between the Pico Slim and the Original Pico? Would anyone who has heard it care to comment on it? Would thoroughly appreciate it!
 
Dec 4, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #989 of 1,103

HeadphoneAddict

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Posts
17,449
Likes
830
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradoxus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Omg I've just sat here and read all 66 pages of this thread. And now I want to be sure I dont miss the pre-order.

And I havent heard anything about my above post (its quoted).

Lastly, I havent read much about anything regarding the BASS of this beauties. That is to say, how does the bass compare between the Pico Slim and the Original Pico? Would anyone who has heard it care to comment on it? Would thoroughly appreciate it!



At CanJam with my ES3X I thought the bass was just as good, as was everything else; but I felt the Pico Slim sounded a little fuller and warmer than the original - so it's now everything I said I wanted from the original Pico in my original review.

For that listening we used different sources though, and had a laptop running the Pico but used my iMod with Piccolino LOD for the Slim and P-51. I compared the three, and with the ES3X I preferred the Slim by a small margin, but all three were great. That's as far as I want to go with that until I have one and can go into more detail about the virtues of the Slim.
 
Dec 4, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #990 of 1,103

Paradoxus

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Posts
62
Likes
7
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At CanJam with my ES3X I thought the bass was just as good, as was everything else; but I felt the Pico Slim sounded a little fuller and warmer than the original - so it's now everything I said I wanted from the original Pico in my original review.

For that listening we used different sources though, and had a laptop running the Pico but used my iMod with Piccolino LOD for the Slim and P-51. I compared the three, and with the ES3X I preferred the Slim by a small margin, but all three were great. That's as far as I want to go with that until I have one and can go into more detail about the virtues of the Slim.



Thanks so much for the response and the assurance! (:) Sounds like this buy cant go wrong then? Haha.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top