Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Aug 1, 2015 at 11:43 PM Post #406 of 437
  Laser engraving a new batch of Pico Power boxes today

I still love my Pico Power. It has actually been serving as my desktop amp for the past 6 months and it is perfect for IEMs. It drives my recently arrived ETHER beautifully too.

Justin; I would love to see you create a balanced (trans)portable amp, along the lines of a Cavalli Liquid Carbon...

Feb 2, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #409 of 437
Sorry perhaps I was not specific, wanted a comparison between Mojo and Pico Power as a portable Amp working with DAPs like AK240 and driving headphones/earphones.

In the last San Jose meetup heard AK240 >>Pico Power >>HE 1000 setup, was blown away ! So thought of purchasing it, now i could see Chord Mojo also in the talks so wanted to decide between the two.

I have a AK240 so would be great if anyone can provide inputs on AK240 + Pico Power Amp Vs AK240 + Chord Mojo Amp to be precise 

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #413 of 437
  Sorry perhaps I was not specific, wanted a comparison between Mojo and Pico Power as a portable Amp working with DAPs like AK240 and driving headphones/earphones.

I thought of purchasing it, now i could see Chord Mojo also in the talks so wanted to decide between the two.

I wanted to ask the same thing. In terms of output power and driving versatility.
I would be pairing it with a output impedance modded AK100.

Thanks.

May 6, 2017 at 12:55 AM Post #414 of 437

In the last San Jose meetup heard AK240 >>Pico Power >>HE 1000 setup, was blown away ! So thought of purchasing it, now i could see Chord Mojo also in the talks so wanted to decide between the two.

I have a AK240 so would be great if anyone can provide inputs on AK240 + Pico Power Amp Vs AK240 + Chord Mojo Amp to be precise

mmmmmm, I'm happy to hear that. My iBasso PB2 just died and I chose the PicoPower as it's replacement. Amazon, had it in stock thankfully. I even double up and grabbed a 4 year warranty! Still, hopefully if iBasso get's back to me I can compare these two monstrous power houses!

May 8, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #415 of 437
May 19, 2017 at 11:44 PM Post #416 of 437
A shame this thread isn't more active, got my PicoPower in today. Right off the bat, I got a little more powerful bass when I swapped into 600mAh 9v over the alkaline duracells, even worse the batteries my unit shipped in are from 2012! They are set to expire this December <.< shame on the Japanese Seller I got them from, either way the price was really good so no worries.

Still so far, coming from my PB2 I notice the PicoPower amp is a LOT blacker, though my Pb2 was designed for Balanced use, and I primarily use'd it for SE, so it's not a 100% fair comparison, still I'm quite happy with it :3 I'll have some official impressions and a review here shortly!

Jul 10, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #419 of 437
A shame this thread isn't more active, got my PicoPower in today. Right off the bat, I got a little more powerful bass when I swapped into 600mAh 9v over the alkaline duracells, even worse the batteries my unit shipped in are from 2012! They are set to expire this December <.< shame on the Japanese Seller I got them from, either way the price was really good so no worries.

Still so far, coming from my PB2 I notice the PicoPower amp is a LOT blacker, though my Pb2 was designed for Balanced use, and I primarily use'd it for SE, so it's not a 100% fair comparison, still I'm quite happy with it :3 I'll have some official impressions and a review here shortly!
hello, can you give me a short review about the Pico Power pls !!!

Jul 10, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #420 of 437
hello, can you give me a short review about the Pico Power pls !!!

Wire with gain :3

super transparent amp with a lot of power

with the Mass Drop price I HIGHLY recommend purchasing one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back