HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Jul 18, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #826 of 1,464
Quote:
Sorry Oregonian, seriously doubt youll get it in 6 days time. I feel like youll be lucky if you get them in 2 weeks.. 
Just patiently waiting for the next address :)
Already sent a confirmation email to Justin

I'm in no hurry bud.  I just wanted to make sure they didn't show up when I'm out of town and now I know they won't so I'm glad.

Thanks.

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #828 of 1,464
Quote:
just sent out all the necessary emails so the demos can move to the next person

beerchug.gif

Fired up and ready to go!

I'm going to test them with my returning Arrow 3G, (to test the true depths of their bass) RSA SR-71a, and Burson HA-160DS if it hasn't sold. It'll probably be the last time I listen with these amps because I'm selling all of them except my Arrow. Already made that mistake once, never again. So far everything I've read says that the TH600's are easy to amp but scale up quite well. Can't wait to see how they do with my setup.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jul 19, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #830 of 1,464
Quote:

beerchug.gif

Fired up and ready to go!

I'm going to test them with my returning Arrow 3G, (to test the true depths of their bass) RSA SR-71a, and Burson HA-160DS if it hasn't sold. It'll probably be the last time I listen with these amps because I'm selling all of them except my Arrow. Already made that mistake once, never again. So far everything I've read says that the TH600's are easy to amp but scale up quite well. Can't wait to see how they do with my setup.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

TH-600's definitely need good power to shine, and when they do they are amazing IMO. Out of every headphone I have demoed/owned these are the only ones that really hit the sound signature I have been looking for. I backed out of the demo after Justin brought them to the Dallas meet and just bought them instead. Sound amazing with his pico stuff for sure.
i might consider it on an invite-only basis

Well if you get enough interest and I'm invited, count me in. I have a feeling I might love these. TH-900 / pico dac amp demo would be sick 
biggrin.gif

Jul 19, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #831 of 1,464
Gonna head out to the post office after this post.
just sent out all the necessary emails so the demos can move to the next person

Hope youre happy Demonfox, now my rig (non TH600) sounds like poop. haha

Sorry bro I'll definitely feel your pain once they're gone too... Well unless I buy them like I did the LCD... I'm such a tool lol

Thanks,

:evil:

Jul 20, 2013 at 3:21 AM Post #832 of 1,464
HD700 review is posted here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/673168/headamp-hd700-demo-review

The headphone will ship out to the next person first thing tomorrow.

I'm glad to have heard these headphones. If I am ever in the market for a technically superior headphone, the HD700 will definitely be on the list.  The 700s, however, would never be able to replace the HD650s for me....

Thoughts?

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #833 of 1,464
TH600's arrived yesterday and my goodness... Well worth the wait! First impression are flat out amazing! They're making my LCD's sound flat and my D5000's outdated... I'm going go broke staying on the demo program...

Well things will get a bit better later this week when my Pan Am will arrives so I'll have a better amp to push all of them so I can get a better Idea of what I've got here. I've sold my Burson and selling my SR-71a. So right now the best amp I have to use is my 3G Arrow which is helping the TH600's bring the THUNDER! I never thought that I would hear another pair that would be able to compete with the D5000's in terms of sub bass but the TH600's bass is actually just as deep but a heck of lot cleaner. There are tons of similarities between the D5k's and the th600's. So much so I really feel like they are just updated version of the Denons. Look feel size weight are all the same not to mention the sound. Its a touch cleaner and smoother on the bottom end but still maintains bonkers bass quality and quantity. HUGE sound stage and perfectly placed mids that never feel overwhelmed even with my Arrow which has a pretty marrow sound and not a ton of dynamic range this still comes across.

The SR-71a really brings out the speed and clarity of the th600's and the bass and detail are out of this world. If the SR-71a did a better job powering my LCD's I'd never let this is thing go! Like I mentioned earlier once I get my ALO Pan Am I'll have a full desktop setup and different types of tubes to test with so this is going to be all kinds of fun and very expensive because I think I'm going to do a mass sell off and get the TH600's, TH900's, or LCD 3's Bye Bye D5000's you have been an amazing amazing headphone but I think its time for me to move on. Same goes for my HD650's... Maybe :)

I'm going to take some high res pictures of both once I get my Pan Am on Thursday so you can see first hand (ish) of the similarities between the two.

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #837 of 1,464
Well I'll be mailing out the TH600's tomorrow so the lucky person after me will be getting them very soon. I already miss them and they're not even gone yet.

Thanks,

:evil:

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:03 AM Post #839 of 1,464
You guys are all making me nervous that when they finally get to me I'll never want to send them away and I'll feel empty once they're gone...but if they're that good it just makes me want to listen to them more.  It's a dilemma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back