HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Jun 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #766 of 1,464
Jun 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #767 of 1,464
I see a lot of people sending a PM after they sign up. Is there some sort of requirement in the process to do this? I'm not seeing it in the first post.

Yah, after you sign up just shoot Justin a PM letting him know you signed up.

Thanks,

D

Jun 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #768 of 1,464
Quote:
I'd consider it on a case by case basis

I mentioned it in a few Momentum threads. I know there are a ton of people around here that are interested in the Momentums, hopefully they'll see it and sign up. I myself am very interested in the Momentums, in fact I plan on buying them, but I was more interested in the opportunity to demo the HD700 so I signed up for it.

Thanks

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #769 of 1,464
EDIT: nothingnevermind

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #770 of 1,464
Quote:
Th-600 demo list is up.  sorry for the delay.  Asr will have the headphones this weekend.

if you want to estimate how long it will take to reach your spot on the list, assume a total of 5-6 days per person including transit time

Thanks Justin! I was going to ask you at the meet, but did you mean 5-6 days per person plus transit time? Because shipping can take as long as 5-6 days in certain cases. Assuming that's what you meant, I'd most likely ship the headphones on 6/28 to the next person. Hopefully you didn't mean the former because that'd only leave 1-2 days of listening per person. I'd ship sooner if required of course, but 1-2 days would be awfully short. Would appreciate it if you could clarify how long each person has to trial the headphones before shipping.

As a note to those reading, I intend on comparing the TH600 to the TH900 that I own and will write a short review.

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #771 of 1,464
I think it has been around 2-3 days then ship it to the next person. BUT if you want to keep it longer I guess you could send the TH900 to the next person instead 
wink.gif
Quote:

Thanks Justin! I was going to ask you at the meet, but did you mean 5-6 days per person plus transit time? Because shipping can take as long as 5-6 days in certain cases. Assuming that's what you meant, I'd most likely ship the headphones on 6/28 to the next person. Hopefully you didn't mean the former because that'd only leave 1-2 days of listening per person. I'd ship sooner if required of course, but 1-2 days would be awfully short. Would appreciate it if you could clarify how long each person has to trial the headphones before shipping.

As a note to those reading, I intend on comparing the TH600 to the TH900 that I own and will write a short review.

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #772 of 1,464
PM sent
Looking forward to the demo!

Jun 23, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #775 of 1,464
don't forget, Thursday at 7pm eastern time.  i would like to see a few new names this time.  go forth and spread the word...99% of head-fi has no clue this forum exists, says me

This is definitely the case Justin, I very rarely get out of my head-fi comfort zone anymore, as in I basically only go to threads I'm already subscribed too. Wish I had discovered this thread sooner, would have loved to get in on the Stax demo...

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:06 PM Post #776 of 1,464
Quote:
Yah, after you sign up just shoot Justin a PM letting him know you signed up.

Thanks,

D

Seems like good info we should throw that in the OP. So now that signups are done, what are the next steps? How do you find out if you've been included in the demo?

Jun 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #777 of 1,464
i will be posting the list this week in the first post of this thread

if you have not sent me a confirmation PM you will not be included.  this instruction was on the sign up page.

What is your Head-Fi username? *

You must also send a Private Message to "justin w." on Head-Fi after submitting this form to verify this is really you.

^ pretty clear

HeadAmp Stay updated on HeadAmp at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/HeadAmp https://twitter.com/HeadAmp https://www.instagram.com/headamp/ https://www.headamp.com/ sales@headamp.com
Jun 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #778 of 1,464
Just an update: I sent out the TH600 today to the next person. Shipping came out to ~$23 for fully insured signature-required FedEx Ground, so it wasn't too expensive. I'd recommend that others use insured FedEx or UPS ground shipping too, to be safe.

Also want to remind everyone on the list that it may become necessary to re-package the headphones or re-do the packing material (or both) at some point eventually. I made sure that the TH600 would survive being shipped at least once (a couple of times at best), but I'm not sure the box would put up with being shipped multiple times by lots of different people with different levels of experience with shipping headphones. Please make sure that the headphones (plus the Fostex box) are always well-protected for shipping to the next person. As long as the packing material that I used is retained (or changed out), that shouldn't be too hard to do.

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #779 of 1,464
Also want to remind everyone on the list that it may become necessary to re-package the headphones or re-do the packing material (or both) at some point eventually. I made sure that the TH600 would survive being shipped at least once (a couple of times at best), but I'm not sure the box would put up with being shipped multiple times by lots of different people with different levels of experience with shipping headphones. Please make sure that the headphones (plus the Fostex box) are always well-protected for shipping to the next person. As long as the packing material that I used is retained (or changed out), that shouldn't be too hard to do.

No worries for me, I have a huge pile of packing material from all the purchases I make online. If the shipping box is in arse condition when it arrives, I'll repackage and do up the whole thing for the next listener.

I also just added a link to this thread in my sig. Hopefully this will get more people aware of the generous program that Justin is providing to us.

Jun 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #780 of 1,464
hehe its coming to me
biggrin.gif
. And I guess I recommend using UPS or Fedex in terms of price as well since with the STAX demo I think I paid like $29 to ship using USPS.
Quote:
Just an update: I sent out the TH600 today to the next person. Shipping came out to ~$23 for fully insured signature-required FedEx Ground, so it wasn't too expensive. I'd recommend that others use insured FedEx or UPS ground shipping too, to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back