HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560
Jan 29, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #197 of 1,464
How will weekends be handled?  I get absolutely no chance to listen to music on the weekends, so if by chance the HE-500's reach me on a Friday, I'll get no time in before I send them on out.

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #198 of 1,464
Quote:
How will weekends be handled?  I get absolutely no chance to listen to music on the weekends, so if by chance the HE-500's reach me on a Friday, I'll get no time in before I send them on out.

This doesn't answer the question in general, but the way the timeframes look right now, you'll probably get them fairly early in the week.

Jan 30, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #199 of 1,464
Quote:
002's came in today, just got everything set up, all came perfectly in order.  

When I switch to eco mode there is a high pitched whine - it's not subtle, its quite overpowering.  Is this a problem with this unit specifically or a known bug with the system?

I have also read that is a common complaint in eco mode.  the general answer is to avoid eco mode.  kind of lame.

Feb 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #204 of 1,464
ohhhh exciting can't wait to see where I'm on the list. probably last since I'm west coast =/

I hope that doesn't hurt the order I'm on the west coast too!! Very excited to see if I made the list or not

Feb 4, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #209 of 1,464
The FiiO E17 thread has a lot of info on this. I believe many said they are using their E17 to drive those. E17 is much more powerful than E7 and E9 is much more powrful than E17.

I have the E17 powering my HE-400's right now and it has zero problem pushing them. I totally underestimated the e17 from the word go and had zero intention of keeping it but man I was totally shocked at the total package. It's really good and had plenty of power plus the SPDIF input works great and gives it that added kick. It's a great buy IMO and will power anything you throw at it. Even the HE-6. There are some others out there that will push them better and have better detail but for 3 times the money so I don't see anything else out there that can compete for the same price.

Feb 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #210 of 1,464
The E17 is good for the HE-400, doesn't quite get it to its full potential, but if I'd never heard my Little Dot MKIII or Schiit Magni with the HE-400, I would have been completely satisfied. I've heard it leaves a lot to be desired with the HE-500, which are harder to drive than the HE-400.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back