Headamp customer service? RGDS : Gilmore Lite
May 25, 2005 at 12:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

akwok

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi,

I ordered a Gilmore Lite from Headamp yesterday and afterwards fired off an email asking about shipping options; it's been a day now and neither the payment confirmation or the shipping options have been sent back; is Justin (the guy at Headamp) just busy or MIA? I am very anxious to get this amp ASAP, and was hoping for updates during the 10 day building progress.. Anyone else have experience ordering from them?

Thanks

May 25, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
Hi,

I ordered a Gilmore Lite from Headamp yesterday and afterwards fired off an email asking about shipping options; it's been a day now and neither the payment confirmation or the shipping options have been sent back; is Justin (the guy at Headamp) just busy or MIA? I am very anxious to get this amp ASAP, and was hoping for updates during the 10 day building progress.. Anyone else have experience ordering from them?

Thanks

You sent it a DAY ago?? Seems to me that there might be any one of a hundred reasons why someone might not respond immediately. I think a little patience is in order at this point, don't you?

May 25, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #3 of 9
you want updates during the 10 day build process for a non-custom amplifier that's at the lowest end of his offerings? I might understand if you spend a lot of money for a customized KGSS or Balanced Reference, but the Lite is not something I would think requires updates during the build. Justin is very good about his build times so I'm sure you'll get your amp shipped out in about 10 days.

May 25, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 9
I wouldn't worry. Justin is a great guy to deal with, and he'll get back to you. Maybe not right away, as I'm sure he's a very busy fellow. All in all I was very very pleased with the level of communication I had with Justin during our transaction in which I purchased a GS-1 from him.

May 25, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #6 of 9
Alright, thanks guys.. patience just isn't one of my strong points.
eggosmile.gif

May 25, 2005 at 1:18 AM Post #7 of 9
Yes, he will reply to you. He did, after 2 days of paying my Gilmore Lite. Suspense is part of the fun dealing with these DYI’ers. After you have it, there is just one thing left to do, enjoy the music. Congrats in your new purchase. Keep in mind that the GL needs some weeks until your ears get adjusted to the sound. Keep cool.
wink.gif

May 25, 2005 at 1:22 AM Post #8 of 9
He might be in the process of moving -- he had mentioned something about the 25th when I corresponded with him in purchasing Balanced Reference.

I'd wait a few days and email him again.

May 25, 2005 at 1:25 AM Post #9 of 9
I just got an email response from him!

As the above poster says, yes, he is in the process of moving.. hopefully this doesn't result in a longer wait time.. but I totally understand if there is. This Portable Amp V2 is doing fine.. but I can't turn down the volume since at low levels there is only volume coming out of the left channel.

/me wants his Gilmore Lite!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back