Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Aug 13, 2009 at 12:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9,882

audiosceptic

100+ Head-Fier
I received my Headamp BHSE yesterday via Fedex. Justin did an outstanding job packing the amp and it arrived in perfect condition. I unboxed the amp, put in the supplied newer Mullard EL34 tubes, hooked it up, turned it on and nothing. After checking everything I realized it takes around 45 seconds for it to completely turn on. Yes in my excitement I was that stupid.

I'm not good at describing what I hear but I can safely say this is the best headphone and amp combo I have ever heard. It's definitely better than any of my dynamic phones through my B-52. I may add more as I continue to listen but this amp is outstanding. My SR-007's have never sounded this good. I purchased a SRM1/Mk II amp recently to use while I waited for my BHSE and was disappointed with the way my SR-007's sounded through it. The BHSE really make the SR-007 sing. I've tried the HE 1.2B's through the BHSE but it really doesn't compare to the SR-007.

Justin did a wonderful job building this thing. It is incredibly solid feeling and heavy. It does run hot so I had to put it at the top of my rack to get it more air.

Here are terrible pictures.

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #3 of 9,882
That really is amazing looking. I remember spending quite a bit of time looking at one on the Headamp website. Not a Stat guy myself, and probably never will be *knock on wood*, but I have to say, it is probably one of the best amplifiers ever made, period.

"No expense was spared in it's construction" speaks for itself. Out of curiosity, did you order it with the stepped attenuator?

Aug 13, 2009 at 1:38 AM Post #5 of 9,882
Do want. I look forward to having the chance to hear one.

Who's going to be first to plug a TakeT H2 into one?

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:00 AM Post #6 of 9,882
Congrats on finally receiving this lovely amp!

I had the pleasure of listening to one at the NYC meet this past spring, and can safely say that you are one lucky SOB to count yourself among the elite who own one of these beauties
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:19 AM Post #9 of 9,882
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very curious how this sounds compared to the 717
smily_headphones1.gif

the BHSE is a river - the 717 is a hamster wheel

...get it? feels less powerful, dryer.... forget it

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #10 of 9,882
I like hamsters and nearly lost a tooth river rafting so I must like the 717 more than the BH.

....I might have started to drown in the cold shark infested depths of your metaphor rather than enjoyed paddling in the warm shallows.

Aug 13, 2009 at 2:31 AM Post #11 of 9,882
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like hamsters and nearly lost a tooth river rafting so I must like the 717 more than the BH.

....I might have started to drown in the cole shark infested depths of your metaphor rather than enjoyed paddling in the warm shallows.

He might have scheduled an appointment for some new dentures already...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back