Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jun 29, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #8,957 of 9,882
... expensive ... hm - we are in the BHSE ball park - what do you expect :wink:

My feeling: every decision for one device comes along with a cascade of further expensive but logic components - may it be nf-cables, power supply or what ever.

However, switching on my music I am immediately aware of the fact that I became a music connoisseur instead remaining a music-fast food-junkie. The smile on my face... priceless!

Jun 29, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #8,959 of 9,882
if you own the house there are solutions for this problem.

if you don't own the house there are different solutions to the problem.

Jun 30, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #8,960 of 9,882
@DrJeckyl look for a good dealer and test a power conditioner first. i had a burmester 948 that had a good effect at my old adresse (zürich kreis 4) and now hat my new home (zürich kreis 10) has no effect and i don't use one. here in zürich power is very stable but on the high side. a couple of years ago they changed from the 220 volt standard to 230 volt (and so some amps - particular old tube amps for 220 volt - run a bit hot). i measure the voltage from time to time and it's allways between 235-237 volt, that's technical ok because 220-240 volt is the target. if you want a power conditioner then go for a good one that regenerates the power and not only have some passive filters in it.

Jun 30, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #8,961 of 9,882
Hi rumina,

thanks for your response - I live in Zurich Hottingen, need to check the un-treated quality of the power in my flat during critical times of the day. Maybe first step towards identifying the real need for a power regeneration device is testing my amp at 3am without any noise creating devices on in my flat. If I recognize a significant improvement, I really need to think about cleaning then.

Cheers

Jul 8, 2017 at 10:10 AM Post #8,962 of 9,882

I use the PS Audio P10. I needed the power to also feed my speaker power amp which is on 24/7 (about 100 Watts idle, up to 300 Watts in Class A/B mode, 700 watts as full Class A mode), my Carbon (70 watts) DAC (35 watts), Mac Mini and Rednet on the HDPlex LPS (90 watts)..

I previously posted advantages wrought by a PS Audio P3 power regenerator: http://www.head-fi.org/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition/7275#post_11705026. Since that time, I finally got around to running dedicated lines from my breaker box to my listening room, upgraged various power cords and sold the P3 because it actually could degrade the sound of the new power configuration. Without the P3, again, I am more vulnerable to diurnal variations of the quality of the power I receive, but the best sound without the P3 is substantially better than the best sound with it.

I have not regretted removing the P3 from my system after running direct lines for my audio system to my breaker box. This was a real winner in terms of price/improvement in sound quality. I also recommend really good power cables (I use Anticables' best) and ferrites applied to those cables.

Aug 28, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #8,968 of 9,882
Hi guys,
New here. Going to put in a deposit for The headamp website says the wait times currently are 4-8 weeks. Is this accurate in people's experience or is it still around a 6-12 month wait?

Hi there,

it seems to be longer - I ordered mine end of May and still waiting. However, this is part of the game and should not stop you from ordering - what are a couple of months waiting time for an amp that will provide true pleasure for many years from then on :wink: Buying an alternative amp would always rise the question of "what if...". If you have a better source for BHSE (Addicted to Audio), then go for it.

Cheers

Robert

Aug 28, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #8,969 of 9,882
Hi there,

it seems to be longer - I ordered mine end of May and still waiting. However, this is part of the game and should not stop you from ordering - what are a couple of months waiting time for an amp that will provide true pleasure for many years from then on :wink: Buying an alternative amp would always rise the question of "what if...". If you have a better source for BHSE (Addicted to Audio), then go for it.

Cheers

Robert

+1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back