Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jul 4, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #8,281 of 9,882
That is correct. But let's not call it until I've received a shipping notice
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.
Asking because I ordered October '15 and made full payment May '16…waiting for shipping notice.

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #8,284 of 9,882
Has anyone who got a shipping notice recently received their BHSE? I got my shipping notice on 7-1 and it said estimated delivery  7-6. Now, it just says "pending."

I'm guessing it has not actually shipped. Giving me a big headache as I need to make sure someone is available to take delivery.

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #8,285 of 9,882

I got an email from Justin last week on Thursday (30th June) saying shipment would be happening Friday 1st or Monday 4th, but no official confirmation of shipment as yet.  Not too worried as Justin has said a couple of days ago that a lot of shipments would be going out over the next two weeks.

I guess there must have been some delays somewhere down the line.

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #8,286 of 9,882
  Has anyone who got a shipping notice recently received their BHSE? I got my shipping notice on 7-1 and it said estimated delivery  7-6. Now, it just says "pending."

I'm guessing it has not actually shipped. Giving me a big headache as I need to make sure someone is available to take delivery.

No big deal (except for the signature of course). When I was waiting for my mk2 I had the same notification from FedEx which said "shipped" but then was revised to "pending" then updated to shipped a couple of days later with a delivery date…so just wait for FedEx to update the their info and you'll know the exact shipping date. I'm going to be receiving my BHSE also in this shipping batch.

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #8,287 of 9,882
I got a notice from FedEx when the label was printed and then I got another notice later when the amp actually shipped.

Has happened a few times with other vendors, also.

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #8,288 of 9,882
I got a notice from FedEx when the label was printed and then I got another notice later when the amp actually shipped.

Has happened a few times with other vendors, also.

Congrats! What colour did you get? BTW, the Great White North is north of you. 
tongue.gif

Jul 10, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #8,291 of 9,882
Im wondering why using the KT-77 will cause the BHSE to spoil. I was talking to Jim Mcshane and he said that,

"There are far more differences in various samples of ANY of those EL34 tubes than there would be between EL34 and KT-77 tubes. The 6CA7 is different internal construction (beam tetrode) than the EL34 or KT-77 (both pentodes). I have a feeling he didn’t tell you what those differences were."

Im wondering as if the BHSE could run KT77 it would save us all a ton of money since we can now use new issue Genelex KT-77's. Which for many people is considered to be as good as the nos versions.

I've been looking through the spec sheets, and from what my newbie/ignorant eyes can see, they are quite similar. 

Jul 10, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #8,292 of 9,882
  Im wondering why using the KT-77 will cause the BHSE to spoil. I was talking to Jim Mcshane and he said that,

"There are far more differences in various samples of ANY of those EL34 tubes than there would be between EL34 and KT-77 tubes. The 6CA7 is different internal construction (beam tetrode) than the EL34 or KT-77 (both pentodes). I have a feeling he didn’t tell you what those differences were."

Im wondering as if the BHSE could run KT77 it would save us all a ton of money since we can now use new issue Genelex KT-77's. Which for many people is considered to be as good as the nos versions.

I've been looking through the spec sheets, and from what my newbie/ignorant eyes can see, they are quite similar. 

This question was raised before, and KG specifically said NOT to use the KT-77's in the BHSE.
I'd rather spend the money on the right tubes than repairing my BHSE any day.

Jul 10, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #8,294 of 9,882
  This question was raised before, and KG specifically said NOT to use the KT-77's in the BHSE.
I'd rather spend the money on the right tubes than repairing my BHSE any day.

Haha i know, i definitely wont be using the KT77's even if i dont get answer, just curious, given how similar they are.
  its all about the voltage ratings which you really will not find in the data sheets

kt77 and others do not like 800+ volts on the plate.

Thanks kevin!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back