Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Feb 3, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #7,817 of 9,882

Don't notice any SQ improvements.  I just want to make sure I don't have any power issues..

At least no audible compromise, right? 
normal_smile .gif

Feb 4, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #7,820 of 9,882

Don't notice any SQ improvements.  I just want to make sure I don't have any power issues..

1) Did you attempt to isolate (so to speak) the sonic benefits of the spiked feet on the BHSE?
2) How about of the isolation stands you're using?  (BTW, for the un-initated, what are they?)
3) Here are my impressions of the P3 with a system based on the BHSE:  post #7136 & #7290.
4) I notice you don't yet have dampers on the tubes.  See Posted by TheAttorney  #6160  10/19/14 and my OCD expansion at post #6569.

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #7,821 of 9,882

1) Did you attempt to isolate (so to speak) the sonic benefits of the spiked feet on the BHSE?
2) How about of the isolation stands you're using?  (BTW, for the un-initated, what are they?)
3) Here are my impressions of the P3 with a system based on the BHSE:  post #7136 & #7290.
4) I notice you don't yet have dampers on the tubes.  See Posted by TheAttorney  #6160  10/19/14 and my OCD expansion at post #6569.

http://www.psaudio.com/products/perfectwave-powerbase/

Feb 4, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #7,822 of 9,882

I can verify the positive contribution a PS Audio P10 has made to my whole system (DAC, KGSShv, Plinius Power Amplifier, Mac Mini).

I noticed immediate were a cleaner background, less treble hash (digital edge) more bass power and extension, wider soundstage. Note the P10 took 4 weeks to burn in. It runs cool, looks good and is well built and has 3 years warranty. Forget the old Power Plants made in China, this is made in Boulder USA and is top notch.

Remember, all your devices are operating on AC then most cased converting that internally to DC to various voltages. In that process they have to try and remove voltage fluctuations, mains noise and mains distortion including sine wave inconsistency. A case in point, I used to hang around for the 2 am listening sessions late at night because they sounded better than during the day. Now I get a better sound ALL day.

I live in an apartment which may be poor mains, but it does have a big step down transformer at the entrance to the block so may be not so bad. I see 1.5% and up to 2.1% mains distortion incoming, and the voltage can vary from 228V up to 253V at anytime of the day. The P10 sorts it out and I now get 0.1% mains distortion, a perfect wave form and solid 230V output. You can vary the voltage on my unit. It also does Multi wave which sounds better through my system as opposed to Sine wave. You also get surge protection and cut off restart etc.

Need more info PM me.

Feb 4, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #7,824 of 9,882
I keep waiting for the shipping notice to come... hoping mine was actually in that first round of testing...
blink.gif

Deep breath, it's getting close.
confused_face.gif

Feb 4, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #7,825 of 9,882

I can verify the positive contribution a PS Audio P10 has made to my whole system (DAC, KGSShv, Plinius Power Amplifier, Mac Mini).

I noticed immediate were a cleaner background, less treble hash (digital edge) more bass power and extension, wider soundstage. Note the P10 took 4 weeks to burn in. It runs cool, looks good and is well built and has 3 years warranty. Forget the old Power Plants made in China, this is made in Boulder USA and is top notch.

Remember, all your devices are operating on AC then most cased converting that internally to DC to various voltages. In that process they have to try and remove voltage fluctuations, mains noise and mains distortion including sine wave inconsistency. A case in point, I used to hang around for the 2 am listening sessions late at night because they sounded better than during the day. Now I get a better sound ALL day.

I live in an apartment which may be poor mains, but it does have a big step down transformer at the entrance to the block so may be not so bad. I see 1.5% and up to 2.1% mains distortion incoming, and the voltage can vary from 228V up to 253V at anytime of the day. The P10 sorts it out and I now get 0.1% mains distortion, a perfect wave form and solid 230V output. You can vary the voltage on my unit. It also does Multi wave which sounds better through my system as opposed to Sine wave. You also get surge protection and cut off restart etc.

Need more info PM me.

What power chord do you use for P10? Thx.

Feb 4, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #7,826 of 9,882

I use a Shunyata viper which is on discount currently, with my p5. Even though it's gauge is a bit thinner, I am a believer in DTDC.

Feb 5, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #7,827 of 9,882
I use a Shunyata viper which is on discount currently, with my p5. Even though it's gauge is a bit thinner, I am a believer in DTDC.

Did you do any A/B listening tests between Shunyata and, e.g., garden variety cords?  'Just curious, but not a fair question: I have *not* done a careful comparison of my Pangea AC14XL and garden variety.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #7,829 of 9,882
Did you do any A/B listening tests between Shunyata and, e.g., garden variety cords?  'Just curious, but not a fair question: I have *not* done a careful comparison of my Pangea AC14XL and garden variety.

I haven't done it with change in power cords on p5. I did my listening tests earlier on amp and dac to arrive at my conclusion. At time tested against a few power cords including Shunyata entry line. I most noticed better dynamics/transients at the time.

Edit:
Just wanted to add. From what I understand, DTDC is more about measuring the cables they produce for ability to deliver more current at any one time. The argument is that while xyz component may have abc amp rating. That abc amp rating is an average. The actual current pull at any time is much higher. DTDC measures their produced cables for this.

Feb 5, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #7,830 of 9,882

I use the budget Belden 19634. It is only 30 cm long to the wall socket as my P10 is sat on the floor tiles. I think the key thing is have a clean ring main from the fusebox, no other devices on that line especially fridges and such. That ring main is 30 amps and the in wall cabling is 45 amps. 

I wouldn't go nuts on mains cables unless you have longer runs. I use Cardas plugs and IEC sockets and hifi fuses in everything. It all helps.

If you must have any switching wall warts in the system get them behind a filter or better, replace them with a linear power supply, and reduce the noise both up stream and downstream.

Listening to some Deep House music right now, hell the 009s and my KGSShv are now a serious bass monster, yet still with the incredible transparency of electrostatics, incredible combination!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back