Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
Jun 22, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #7,294 of 9,882

(Directed to anyone/everyone) What's the KGSSHV Carbon? Would appreciate a layman's explanation if anyone can offer one....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/769105/mjolnir-audio-electrostatic-amps/45#post_11676867

Jun 22, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #7,295 of 9,882
Although I'm very impressed with the SQ I get from my SR-003mk2's driven by the BHSE, the only downside with those mini Earspeaker's is their comfort.
So I've enquired about custom sleeves similar to those head-fier pspivak got for his 003's.

The place I've made enquiries is in the UK, and they said they're 99 % sure they could do some, but I would need to send them my 003's along with my ear impressions.

I'm hoping they can do these custom sleeves because I have some CIEM's and could easily wear them all day without discomfort, but those 003's as they are start to feel uncomfortable after less than an hour.

Jun 24, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #7,297 of 9,882
Does everybody use their BHSE with a separate Dac from their computer or are some of you using a Cd player or Sacd player connected directly to your BHSE. I was wondering because when I get my BHSE I was going to use it with either a meridian 508-24 cd player or a Classe Omega SACD/CD Player and was wondering your thoughts.

Jun 24, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #7,298 of 9,882
XLR - from my Pre-Amp - can access all my sources
RCA1 - direct from RCA taps from my DAC (which does XLR to Pre-Amp) (fed by Aries)
RCA2 - line out from a Meridian Explorer on my computer tower

I'm usually using the pre-amp or computer. Sometimes I just use the DAC.

Jun 25, 2015 at 2:19 AM Post #7,299 of 9,882
I have a source that's an SACD + DAC connected directly to my BHSE via XLR interconnects, I also have a MacMini used as a music server connected to that source. So I can either listen with CD's and SACD's, or the music stored on the MacMini which I use an iPad as remote control to the MacMini.

The SQ I get from both CD and the music server is truly amazing, especially since using the Mullard xf4 tubes.

The Earspeaker's I use are 009's and 003mk2's.

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:08 AM Post #7,300 of 9,882
I have a source that's an SACD + DAC connected directly to my BHSE via XLR interconnects, I also have a MacMini used as a music server connected to that source. So I can either listen with CD's and SACD's, or the music stored on the MacMini which I use an iPad as remote control to the MacMini.

The SQ I get from both CD and the music server is truly amazing, especially since using the Mullard xf4 tubes.

The Earspeaker's I use are 009's and 003mk2's.

Can you hear a difference between a CD/SACD source and your digital files stored on your MacMin while connected to your BHSE, and if so which do you prefer.

Jun 25, 2015 at 7:06 AM Post #7,301 of 9,882
Can you hear a difference between a CD/SACD source and your digital files stored on your MacMin while connected to your BHSE, and if so which do you prefer.

Because the music stored on my MacMini is played via my sources DAC, there is virtually no difference in SQ between playing CD's or the stored music, however my source ( IMO ) isn't a bad one.

For convenience the MacMini / iPad is better than CD's because I can choose any song in my collection, but if I want to listen to one whole album, then I normally use a CD or SACD.
The problem with music stored on the MacMini, is I have to have the modem on when wanting to listen to that music.

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #7,302 of 9,882
I'm thinking about getting a Arye QB-9 Dac Dsd to go with the BHSE not sure if it would be any better sound wise over the meridian or classe CD/SACD which are both great players- I also am using the SR-009's
quote name="David1961" url="/t/439657/headamp-blue-hawaii-special-edition/7290#post_11715902"]
Because the music stored on my MacMini is played via my sources DAC, there is virtually no difference in SQ between playing CD's or the stored music, however my source ( IMO ) isn't a bad one.

For convenience the MacMini / iPad is better than CD's because I can choose any song in my collection, but if I want to listen to one whole album, then I normally use a CD or SACD.
The problem with music stored on the MacMini, is I have to have the modem on when wanting to listen to that music.[/quote]

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #7,304 of 9,882
What' the staus on BHSE production?
Any units left from the previous/current batch and are they customizable (color, pot, tubes)?
If not what's the news on a next batch?
looks like a question to email Justin. Or call him and ask.

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #7,305 of 9,882
looks like a question to email Justin. Or call him and ask.

I noticed Justin likes to reply in the thread, probably because he can reach us all that way.
It's just a general question for me now. In a month I'm going to audition the SR009 and if I like it, knowing when I can get a BHSE might influence me decision to buy the SR009 or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back