Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition
May 5, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #7,112 of 9,881
8k lol

Is that CorvetteGarage's unit?

May 6, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #7,116 of 9,881
  Which is inline with the pricing from Headamp for a new unit, minus taxes and the wait time.

Plus a used Stax 007 which you may or may not want. 

He's been having trouble selling that unit. My guess is because, if you can afford that, then you can probably afford just getting a new BHSE with your options. Custom DIY stuff doesn't sell as well as a standardized unit I think. 

May 6, 2015 at 12:24 PM Post #7,117 of 9,881

He's been having trouble selling that unit. My guess is because, if you can afford that, then you can probably afford just getting a new BHSE with your options. Custom DIY stuff doesn't sell as well as a standardized unit I think. 

You've quoted the wrong post. One is on Canuck Audio Mart (6520 USD), and the other is on Audiogon (4300 USD - Kerry built).

May 6, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #7,118 of 9,881

I find it quite surprising. I see all those people complaining about the 2 years+ wait time from Headamp and when a unit pops up on the used market (that you can get a listen to this weekend if you want), nobody wants it. I guess people like to pay for the excitement and the desire of a product through a waiting period, with enough time for the rationale to go to sleep, justifying the expense with hype and hope ...

May 6, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #7,119 of 9,881
There's nothing stopping you from buying the unit. Kerry's work is pretty hard to come by and it seems like he went the extra mile with that one. I thought about buying it myself but I already have a BHSE lying around

May 6, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #7,123 of 9,881
  I find it quite surprising. I see all those people complaining about the 2 years+ wait time from Headamp and when a unit pops up on the used market (that you can get a listen to this weekend if you want), nobody wants it. I guess people like to pay for the excitement and the desire of a product through a waiting period, with enough time for the rationale to go to sleep, justifying the expense with hype and hope ...

Well you put a lot of money into it and it's a bit of a black hole. On buying used, well, like I say if you can afford it at all you can probably just get it new. In other words, I think most people want it new, and want it now, or at least timely updates on progress :)

They all look good except the sea foam green, to me anyway.

Agree. On the last email I got from Justin the sea foam green isn't an option anymore anyhow, it was special that requires a couple people wanting it, and the vendor dropped it anyhow (or Justin dropped them because of the trouble or something). 

May 6, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #7,124 of 9,881

Users who are viewing this thread

Back