1- which has more warmth
2- bigger sound stage and depth
3- better sound enhancements
4- more low end punch, and bass control
5- can drive planar magnetic headphones like audeze
6- is better for iems

please share ur opinions and add more points to compare those 2 daps

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 9
Sony has a presentation of where the vocals sit firmly in the middle and the melodics travel around that.

Cowon has a presentation where it sounds like its from another planet. It's heavenly. Stunningly Intimate.

This has also been quoted by a reviewer on CNET describing a similar thing.

Aug 15, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #7 of 9
I've had the P1 and currently own the ZX2; pairing both with my CE6Ps. The P1 was a great player with lovely sound but it was a little of the brighter side with a more in your face delivery. For me the ZX2 takes it to another level altogether. The space, airiness, timbre of the instruments and voice are so natural with a lovely warmth. The bass hits hard where it should and resonates deeply with articulate prowess, the treble floats around you with a delivery that's right on the nose. The mids are exactly where they should be. Everything is so balanced, the way the music dances around you is just spectacular and takes you on a journey where you don't want to put the player down. Add the battery life to the mix and you have an out and out winner!

I was wary after reading the reviews for the ZX2 and thought this is definitely not going to live up to the hype but boy, it not only lives up to but surpasses expectations. Let this baby burn in properly and then be taken away on a blissful journey everytime you press play.

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #8 of 9
  I've had the P1 and currently own the ZX2; pairing both with my CE6Ps. The P1 was a great player with lovely sound but it was a little of the brighter side with a more in your face delivery. For me the ZX2 takes it to another level altogether. The space, airiness, timbre of the instruments and voice are so natural with a lovely warmth. The bass hits hard where it should and resonates deeply with articulate prowess, the treble floats around you with a delivery that's right on the nose. The mids are exactly where they should be. Everything is so balanced, the way the music dances around you is just spectacular and takes you on a journey where you don't want to put the player down. Add the battery life to the mix and you have an out and out winner!

I was wary after reading the reviews for the ZX2 and thought this is definitely not going to live up to the hype but boy, it not only lives up to but surpasses expectations. Let this baby burn in properly and then be taken away on a blissful journey everytime you press play.

i simply get confused more and more some say the p1 os warmer than zx2, and now you say the opposite, but i would like really to know the following

1- which has better bass
2- which is warmer
3- which is more powerful

Aug 15, 2015 at 6:32 AM Post #9 of 9
  i simply get confused more and more some say the p1 os warmer than zx2, and now you say the opposite, but i would like really to know the following

1- which has better bass
2- which is warmer
3- which is more powerful

I guess it does get confusing as people hear different things. In answer to your questions and in my honest opinion:

1. ZX2
2. ZX2
3. P1

When it comes to power I would assume the P1 would work better powering most headphones. I only ever used it with my CE6Ps, same with the ZX2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back