Head to Head: ATH-A500 v. HD-280 Pro
Apr 9, 2004 at 3:56 AM Post #16 of 21
Actually... I got the A500 basically because I wanted to have a first person perspective when someone asks the age old question, "Is A900 worth twice as much as A500?"... So.. yeah, in a way I got them just for the community.

I'm thinking about selling the A500 and buy an A700 for the same reason. A900 is my office headphone right now, A500 is the home DVD headphone. I'm wondering about the difference between A700 and A900 myself.

Apr 9, 2004 at 6:16 AM Post #17 of 21
Hey cool! I always wanted to know about a700. Imagine if how funny it would be if a700 is exactly in the middle of a900. What strangeness that would be considering its closeness is like 10-15% sound difference.
I can't guess on this! thanks very much Lindrone, the Ultimate Headphonus Supremus guinea pig
biggrin.gif
Saves poor folks like me $$$

Apr 9, 2004 at 6:49 AM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Originally posted by Buster Sword

Funny how great SONY is for pros, but poor on the consumer section. Why cant the do better speakers? midrange is empty in consumer speakers, v700 is a joke for hps

Actually that depends on which pros you are talking about... I saw Cantus in concert this past weekend and bought one of their CD's... It was recorded and digitally mastered by the Editor-and-Cheif of Stereophile... He used Stax and HD580/600's... yeah he used some 7506's too...

Apr 9, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #19 of 21
Jasper, how ya doing pal
biggrin.gif

I just got home from my slave labor job.

I am sending you a PM on this to stay on topic.

Wait what does the stereophile dude have to do with sony? I know those 7506 are more for pro use but inexpensive but what else are you referring to?

Apr 9, 2004 at 1:07 PM Post #20 of 21
Wow! I'm away for only a day and I come back to find the thread I'm looking for.... =)

Seriously, as you know, I've been trying to decide between HD-280s and A500s, and I just ordered a pair of A500s from Audiocubes last night... =)

Many thanks to all who helped me while I was trying to decide... (especially commando, lindrone, jesse_w & Jasper994 for their lengthy comments, bangraman for his honesty,and TheBigDu for asking the questions that I want to ask in a more clever way... =)

Next stop: Grado SR-60s and KOSS KSC-35s... =)

Apr 9, 2004 at 2:32 PM Post #21 of 21
I also ordered the A500's last night. I hope I can handle the waiting...
wink.gif

By the way, I've only been on this forum for a few days, and already I am so far behind in my classwork it's ridiculous. But thanks for all the help, you guys are great.

I'll post back when I get them to let you know what I think, but I'm sure I'll love 'em.
biggrin.gif

-Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back