HEAD MELTING - PLEASE HELP - 650
post-1414874
Post #1 of 3

paolo99

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
I have 650s, 595s and 555s. I really want a headphone amp to give my integrated Cambridge Azur amp a kick up the arse. But I am soooo confused by all the threads on here. Do I need a Gilmore Lite or a Headsave Classic (not that they're made anymore)? I can spend up to about £300 ($550ish) although I'd really rather not spend that much. Please help. And, if you can, avoid jargon because I have a small brain that is already full.

post-1415476
Post #2 of 3

overlunge

1000+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Hi paolo99,

Do you have any hi-fi stores around where you live that stock ANY headphone amplifiers? Why don't you take your phone down to the shop and have a listen to see if ANY amp changes the sound (the way you like it to) of your headphones.

I have not heard the two amps you listed but I had consider buying a GL, they should drive your Sennheiser well, and Grado's if you eventually come to the 'Dark side'.

Best of luck,
Overlunge

post-1416428
Post #3 of 3

StevieDvd

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
As you are in the UK you could try either the WNA (White Noise Amp) available in kit form if you are handy with a soldering iron. I think it's around £150 kit or about £200 pre-built but you'll need to check current prices.

Another good amp for Senns is the pre-built ANT Amber which should be within your proce range. Alex does do a trial period so you can make sure you are happy with it, again check current prices.

Both of these have plenty of threads detailing the amps here so a quick serach will pay dividends.

Where in the UK are you, there may be a head-fi member nearby who could let you try on of their amps.

links
http://www.ant-audio.co.uk/
and
http://www.wnaudio.com

Steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)