Head-fi's favorite Audi TT is gone, Hello Z4!
Nov 22, 2008 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
Funny part is i had a Z4 on order when i bought the TT for the ex but decided to keep the TT back then and cancel the BMW order. I been looking into a newer car for the last month and is was this or a 2008 TT roadster. drove the 2008 TT and just did not like it at all, ipod interface was horrible, car felt bigger then it was, the used price was not even close to what in my terms was worth it. the 2008 TT's interior is the best i ever sat in though and i believe the new 2008 is miles ahead of my old 2000 was. the deciding factor for me was total price and after sales service. My brother is shop forum of BMW over in Orland Park, in other words i have 24/7 toll free support and if anything goes wrong you best believe i will be happy with the service without question. so Audi could not even compete on that but what really sold me away from the Audi was to get free oil changes and stuff like that you have to pay extra for a program (like an extended warranty), when your buying a car of this class i firmly believe fee oil changes should be under the factory warranty..funny part is i guess BMW is one of the few for this service at no cost.

After the Audi Dealer i drove strait to my brothers dealer and brought them Donuts as i always do when i stop in just to talk about BMW's crazy lease deals and what the real world cost is. i told the Salesman that was helping me that i always wanted a Z4 but i was scared of the Winters with it, he looked at me and said "i drive a Z4 year round with no problems at all". i didn't believe him so he went outside with me and showed me his car and sure enough the guy was telling the truth..he does drive a Z4 in Chicago winters!

when we where walking back into the Dealer i noticed a CPO'd 2006 and asked about it. turns out it has every conceivable option besides the ugly wood trim with 19k miles....where do i sign?

a few hours later this was what came out it...

I was taking pics of the TT's goodbye while having a pic of us for one final together photo...awww
DSC04037.jpg

Doug showing me the in's and out's of the Car..
DSC04038.jpg

DSC04039.jpg

Next week she is getting winter tires, have no clue what i am getting yet. then my Brother is installing a OEM alarm and ipod interface (oh do i love having a Brother at the dealer!).
and probably the week after or once i get settled into the car a bit more the new K-40 goes in (a must with my cars!).

now to make it official i need to take some pics with Grado Headphones for Head-fi in the future!!! the TT got alot of attention with people asking about it at the various meets i have been to, i felt it was proper to tell you peeps of her departure..
frown.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 2:57 PM Post #3 of 15
Congratulations on your new car! I hope you enjoy it and it performs to your expectations.

Will you be in a covered parking most of the time? If not you may wish to consider getting a car cover, or at least a cover for the canvas top. The second one is hard to find but some manufacturers are offering it now.

What engine did you get?

Nov 22, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #5 of 15
hahah, nice car! congrat!

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 15
Nice car, from one of my favorite car manufacturers.
Congratulations!
smile.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #7 of 15
Nice choice on the car and color. I had a 2001 TT back when they made the 1.8 Liter in manual and with quattro. The car was pretty friggin' slow but it was so nice to be in and look at. I've since changed cars twice but still miss that car.

I have an Acura TL now but the Z4 has always been one of my favorite cars on the road. Given how expensive the new TTs are, I'd probably look at a Z4 as well.

Enjoy it!

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by britishbane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats. I too recently switched from an Audi to BMW as well. Both great, no awesome car companies, but there is just something about BWM's that does it for me.

cornering
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #11 of 15
Nice cars, Billy! Both of them!

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #13 of 15
O.K. I'm going to make mountains out of molehills here. One of the interior details I have always liked about Audi's are the brushed metal surfaces and surrounds on the dash and center consul. Audi uses real metal. BMW, on the other hand, uses plastic instead and is spray painted to look like metal. It is so cheesy to me. I remember talking to a BMW rep about my observation and he claimed that the plastic saved weight and was heat resistant. Wow, what a justification!

Nov 24, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #15 of 15
Nice =) If only it had that S54B32...one of my favorite engines of all time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back