Head fiers who have disappeared!!??
Sep 9, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #17 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Wait, I'm supposed to grow out of Mertonism???

wink.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 7:29 PM Post #18 of 62
if edwood ever leaves, it's going to be like popping the balloon on this gondola ride. or letting the hot air out.
biggrin.gif
lemme catch up in posts, darn it!
icon10.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 7:42 PM Post #19 of 62
also GoRedWings is no where to be seen...... and KR... is fine, he PMed me back some time ago about a meet and he told me he is not on head-fi anymore but came just to reply to my PM..... no clue how thats suppose to work. if anyone has a contact with GoRedWings please let me know.

Sep 9, 2005 at 7:47 PM Post #20 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
also GoRedWings is no where to be seen...... and KR... is fine, he PMed me back some time ago about a meet and he told me he is not on head-fi anymore but came just to reply to my PM..... no clue how thats suppose to work. if anyone has a contact with GoRedWings please let me know.

Red is computerless for a bit, but should be back up and running soon!

Sep 9, 2005 at 7:55 PM Post #21 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
Red is computerless for a bit, but should be back up and running soon!

he has been gone since the 25th. i cant upgrade without the Fuzz Master!

Sep 9, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #23 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by gloco
Me too, i met him at a NY meet and he was an all-around nice guy. I don't recall seeing bootman post much lately as well.

KR and I are alive.
KR graduated from SVA this year so he has been busy with life in general.
(plus I think he has found nirvana with his Stax setup)
I on rare occation still lurk around, but with my recent promotion have very little time to be as active a member as before.
My listening habits have also changed.
I don't listen to headphones as much and now listen to music in the background or on the drive to and from work. (Sirius rocks!)
My headphone stock is now a pair of ER-6i, SR-40, SR-60 and the V6.
(and I only use the ER-6i for trips)
The others are collecting dust.
frown.gif

(actually I used the SR-40 today to test a portable DVD player)

But in all honesty, the TIO forum is what really did this place in.
When mods start taking sides, it time to leave.
plainface.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #24 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by hentai
From last year till now i have realised some head fiers seemed to have disappeared , never see them posting in the forum namely commando , fewtch, rizumu...

None of them have been banned, which was one of the questions you asked. As to why members drop in and out, I suppose there are as many reasons as there are members. Some are happy with their systems and have learned what they needed to learn, some lose interest in headphones and portable audio, some are busy with other things, some are unhappy about one thing or another with the site itself. The list is endless, but it's quite natural when dealing with a large body of people to have folks coming and going all the time.

Sep 9, 2005 at 10:56 PM Post #25 of 62
I see rizumu at the gym from time to time. I guess we're both just doing the school thing and all that it entails. I still lurk almost everyday in the member's lounge. But that's about it. Haven't even listened to any of my quality headphones in forever. (using xm radio lately a lot, no point really) Strangely, this place and nytimes.com are my only news outlets most of the time. Works for me.

I would like CI back though...
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #26 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker
also GoRedWings is no where to be seen...... and KR... is fine, he PMed me back some time ago about a meet and he told me he is not on head-fi anymore but came just to reply to my PM..... no clue how thats suppose to work.

You can put it in your settings that you get a notification by e-mail that you have a PM on head-fi from whoever sent you that PM so you can log in to head-fi to answer the PM.

usc goose,
I always feel your presence. That's either my infallible sixth sence or the fact that you occasionally post that you still lurk here almost every day.
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 11:22 PM Post #27 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
You can put it in your settings that you get a notification by e-mail that you have a PM on head-fi from whoever sent you that PM so you can log in to head-fi to answer the PM.

i think thats the case. i miss Fuzz Master!!!! *tear*

Sep 9, 2005 at 11:50 PM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc goose
I see rizumu at the gym from time to time. I guess we're both just doing the school thing and all that it entails. I still lurk almost everyday in the member's lounge. But that's about it. Haven't even listened to any of my quality headphones in forever. (using xm radio lately a lot, no point really) Strangely, this place and nytimes.com are my only news outlets most of the time. Works for me.

I would like CI back though...
evil_smiley.gif

wink.gif
too bad posts didn't count

Sep 9, 2005 at 11:53 PM Post #29 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by bootman
KR and I are alive.
KR graduated from SVA this year so he has been busy with life in general.
(plus I think he has found nirvana with his Stax setup)
I on rare occation still lurk around, but with my recent promotion have very little time to be as active a member as before.
My listening habits have also changed.
I don't listen to headphones as much and now listen to music in the background or on the drive to and from work. (Sirius rocks!)
My headphone stock is now a pair of ER-6i, SR-40, SR-60 and the V6.
(and I only use the ER-6i for trips)
The others are collecting dust.
frown.gif

(actually I used the SR-40 today to test a portable DVD player)

But in all honesty, the TIO forum is what really did this place in.
When mods start taking sides, it time to leave.
plainface.gif

Good to hear you guys are doing well. Glad to see your V6's still get use, they sure are like the old workhorse. I haven't been listening to mine lately as i found out my rio karma drives my sr-100's beautifully.

TIO...
plainface.gif
Yep, i know what you mean.

Take it easy bro
cool.gif

Sep 10, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #30 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus
None of them have been banned, which was one of the questions you asked. As to why members drop in and out, I suppose there are as many reasons as there are members. Some are happy with their systems and have learned what they needed to learn, some lose interest in headphones and portable audio, some are busy with other things, some are unhappy about one thing or another with the site itself. The list is endless, but it's quite natural when dealing with a large body of people to have folks coming and going all the time.

yep santa i know that and its quite unnessary to start this thread, just that i can't help being curious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back