Head-Fiers Save 30%!!!
Jan 2, 2013 at 3:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
HI All,

You can now save 30% off of all the high end vinyl listed on our website (www.ttvjaudio.com). You get an automatic 25% off in our shopping cart and with this coupon code 5% more off you can save an additional 5% for a total savings of 30%!!

You can see all of the albums from this page - just select a category and you are shopping. We have some rare and discontinued vinyl as well as some recent Mobile Fidelity pressings. Have fun and buy lots!

We have lots of titles but a limited supply of each so it will be first come first serve!

The 5% off code is 5% more off  - just type that in to the coupon code and you will see the results.

Todd

Jan 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 23
its nice to see fellow head fiers support each other. and even though i still dont get into this point of the audiophile world (vinyl and such) im sure its a great deal for people who actually do buy.

Jan 3, 2013 at 9:23 PM Post #3 of 23
Thanks Todd!  I just placed an order.  You rock!

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #4 of 23
Hey Todd. You're officially my least favorite person in the world right now due to this sale. I'm trying to save for my Harbeths and my cart at your stupid store (with the discount) is almost 2 grand. 

firstworldproblems.jpg

EDIT: Is this going until you're sold out of everything or is it limited?
EDIT2: Well you got me for $200 at least, but probably more depending on how long the sale goes.

Jan 4, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #5 of 23
HI All,

Thanks for the orders! In reply to MorbidToaster, yes, the sale will go until I have sold out of the vinyl I have in stock. I have been accumulating some of these albums for 9 years and I need to make room for the next 9 years worth of purchases
rolleyes.gif

Todd

The 25% will remain until they are gone but the extra 5% will end next Friday

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:00 AM Post #6 of 23
Is foreign countries VAT included in the shipping fee with FedEx? I know it is at BJC. Not sure if I should pick FedEx or USPS...

Jan 6, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #7 of 23
Thank you for bringing this service to our attention.  I am currently considering modifications to my computer station (relocated to Byron, CA, USA as of January 2013) to give me the capability of digitizing audio tracks off vinyl at any of four speeds (16-2/3, 33-1/3, or 45 rpm with a hi-fi stylus, or 78 rpm with a broad stylus) using probably a piezoceramic cartridge, as magnetic cartridges are not available with flip styli to my knowledge; this means an offboard mixer (e.g., the Mackie®/LOUD Technologies® 1642VLZ-PRO or 1642VLZ3) and some turntable-mounted RIAA preamplifier engineered for the eventual winning cartridge in the selection process.  (Very few PCI and PCI-Express audio products have multiple-line-level-input capabilities; I have yet to run across the supported-in-ALSA E-MU®/Creative® EM3961, or the supported-in-Win6+ Creative® SB055A.  And I still need more info on IEEE 1394 host microadapters for PCI 2.2, as the vast majority of multiple-line-in audio devices are offboards requiring IEEE 1394.)  I already anticipate being limited to one turntable due to space constraints.

Where at Head-Fi® can I find recommendations on RIAA preamps for piezo cartridges? moving-iron magnetic? moving-coil magnetic?  I plan on mounting the preamp as close to the turntable as practicable due to known noise issues with most audio installations; balanced outputs for SMPTE sinks (either XLR or 1/4" TRS) will be a plus for an offboard mixer.

Jan 6, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #8 of 23
want clockwork angels sooooo much

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #9 of 23
Quote:
its nice to see fellow head fiers support each other. and even though i still dont get into this point of the audiophile world (vinyl and such) im sure its a great deal for people who actually do buy.

Vinyl is a hassle to work with, ( Flip that album over clean that vinyl off etc.), but the sound resonates so much more to me.  I guess its good to have both to compare and contrast.  I have multiple copies of The Beatles albums Vinyl, CD, and Hi Rez sometimes for convenience and sometimes when I have the time vinyl.

Jan 7, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #10 of 23
It just feels special to me. I'm young but the ritual really resonates with me. Not so much cleaning, but dropping the needle and watching the label spin for a few seconds before you turn around, sit down, and get ready for some music.

EDIT: I am really trying to find it in the budget to throw more money at you, Todd. I've got my cart down to absolutely bare bones of what I want after the first order I placed. $450. You're killin' me.

Quote:
Vinyl is a hassle to work with, ( Flip that album over clean that vinyl off etc.), but the sound resonates so much more to me.  I guess its good to have both to compare and contrast.  I have multiple copies of The Beatles albums Vinyl, CD, and Hi Rez sometimes for convenience and sometimes when I have the time vinyl.

Jan 11, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #13 of 23
You shipped my second order today, Todd. You really got me good with this one. Here's hoping your next batch is even better than this stuff.

EDIT: Okay third time (order) is the charm. GIMME THAT DOORS BOX SET.

Jan 18, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #14 of 23
HI All,

Thank you for your orders and a special thanks to Morbid Toaster for your buying under duress... I sure hope you are loving the vinyl.

Bostonears... Even when I sell out of my high end vinyl I still have a ton (literally) of used records and then there are the 12,000 records that make up my collection. So I think I will still qualify as a vinyl junkie.

Todd

Jan 18, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #15 of 23
HI All,

Thank you for your orders and a special thanks to Morbid Toaster for your buying under duress... I sure hope you are loving the vinyl.

Bostonears... Even when I sell out of my high end vinyl I still have a ton (literally) of used records and then there are the 12,000 records that make up my collection. So I think I will still qualify as a vinyl junkie.

Todd

:D My last order should be there when I get home (Doors box). I actually haven't listened to any of it as I have no system at the moment...but fear not, it's all waiting in a special place at home to be played within the first few days of my new stuff coming in.

I still have a massive cart which I'll be chipping away at down the line when my wallet recovers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back