Mar 1, 2004 at 9:54 AM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally posted by Luvya
Well, what the heck...I will just say I am taiwanese
smily_headphones1.gif

Ditto

Mar 20, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #18 of 45
+1 from TW

Born there and stayed there till the age of 10, then moved to Vancouver, now on co-op in Ottawa.

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:24 AM Post #19 of 45
yep, count me in! born in tw came here 10 years ago!

Mar 20, 2007 at 6:39 AM Post #20 of 45
I don't know what I am anymore!
biggrin.gif

According to our family tree, my family was from Guangtong 5 or 6 generations ago (to Taiwan). Both of my parents were born and raised in Japan during their early childhood. (So technically they should be Japanese, right?
biggrin.gif
) I was born in Taiwan and I came to the U.S. when I was a teenager. I have live in the U.S. now twice as long as I have lived in Taiwan. I have dual citizenships. So I don't know what I am...Can I just call myself an Earthling?

Mar 20, 2007 at 2:45 PM Post #22 of 45
I'm Taiwanese, born in NY. =T

Mar 30, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #23 of 45
There is absolutely no doubt that I am TAIWANESE (not chinese) and proud of it. I am currently in UK reading for a degree, but will return to TAIWAN as soon as I am done. Being home away from home, I only have my SR-001 with me now but are picking up classical cd's here when I see 'em cheap and good (most often on Ebay though, let's face it). Yay!
lambda.gif

Mar 31, 2007 at 3:29 AM Post #24 of 45
I was born in Hong Kong. My father is Taiwanese, my mother is from Hong Kong/China. I moved to Canada when I was 3, been back to Hong Kong and it's really not my thing. Stayed in Taiwan for a few months last year and absolutely loved it.

I could even call myself Taiwanese but that's almost a lie =)

Apr 3, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #26 of 45
Talk to Elphas. He's told me about a few places in Taiwan.

Here's 2 sites he sent me.

Hifi
Pincha

Apr 4, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #27 of 45
I'm from Taiwan, but right now I'm in college in the States. I will be back over summer for a month, though.

And yes, visiting Hifi is practically a must every time I go up to Taipei (I don't actually live there.)

Apr 4, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #28 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by vwap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow.. so many Taiwanese.

So the question is: Are you Taiwanese or Chinese?

well my mum is taiwanese and i've lived there(taipei) for a few years. i tell ppl i'm taiwanese (just like ppl call them selves shanghaiese, hongkies etc...) but there is no doubt in my mind taiwan is apart of the greater china if thats what ur question is implying. the only difference is we're governed by a different political party. so if u want to generalize, we are all chinese.

Apr 5, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #29 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firevortex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but there is no doubt in my mind taiwan is apart of the greater china if thats what ur question is implying. the only difference is we're governed by a different political party. so if u want to generalize, we are all chinese.

And there's no doubt that America is part of the British Empire. The only difference is that we're governed by different political entities. So if you want to generalize, we are all British! And our neighbor Canadians should also be subjected by this rule.

So are Koreans Chinese too? Since they are connected to China by land. Vietnamese? Russians?

Apr 5, 2007 at 10:22 AM Post #30 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And there's no doubt that America is part of the British Empire. The only difference is that we're governed by different political entities. So if you want to generalize, we are all British! And our neighbor Canadians should also be subjected by this rule.

your picking bones out of my post and twisting them into some straw man argument which doesn’t even make sense. maybe you forgot the part about American been independent? you can point me the part in world history when Taiwan announce their independence and become a sovereign state. learn your basic world history kiddo, no point banging your head against solid facts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gundam91 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are Koreans Chinese too? Since they are connected to China by land. Vietnamese? Russians?

when did i say anything about adjoined land mass having anything to do with nationality? lol ok i'm not even gonna bother arguing with you here cos you just pulled something out of your ass that make you look stupid.

this is a headphone forum so i wont post anymore about this issue. i accept my heritage, culture with pride and embrace my roots. but that’s just me. i couldn’t care less what you wanna call your self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back