Head-Fiers in Shanghai?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2003 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 41
Any DIY hobby group there? Diy is popular in hong kong and taiwan. May be we can get someone to do a portable tube diy headphone amp?
Yeap, shanghai women are known for their materialism, don't have much overall but demands the best; my sympathy to all of you who has to put up with it.
mad.gif

So what choices do you have (with your 15 million population)?

Dec 1, 2003 at 7:01 AM Post #17 of 41
Unfortunatly no DIY groups here that I know of. I've seen tubes for sale at second hand markets, but for the life of me cannot find the electronic component markets. I can get tools just fine but can anyone tell me where in Shanghai I can buy components? Mailorder in China?

Dec 1, 2003 at 7:16 AM Post #18 of 41
ÊÀ¼Ò»Ô£¿£¿ ÊýÂë¹ã³¡¡£¡£

thats what i hear is a good place to find electronic stuff, spell may be wrong...... tell me if u find any ^^

Dec 3, 2003 at 4:17 AM Post #19 of 41
Er...nope. Sorry Kenny. Packed shopping center with no-name Chinese stereos blaring. Had to get out before I went deaf. I get the feeling people here equate loudness with quality.

Well, so much for Shanghai residents getting together. If anyone is swinging by Shanghai, drop me an email a few days before. I might be able to offer a bed or at least the couch. But do email beforehand as I travel a lot.

Dec 3, 2003 at 4:26 AM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally posted by mikeliao
Er...nope. Sorry Kenny. Packed shopping center with no-name Chinese stereos blaring. Had to get out before I went deaf. I get the feeling people here equate loudness with quality.

really? well i'm going over there to get a few bargens on mp3 players or cd players ^^. Bought my CT-780 there before and really cheap too. Bargen is everything in shanghai lol, went from 1400rmb to 800rmb

Dec 3, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #21 of 41
Thanks Mike! It's so nice of you, i think that i'll take up on your offer next time i am in Shanghai.
If you can go from 1400 to 800, that simply mean it's overpriced to begin with
280smile.gif

Dec 3, 2003 at 4:37 AM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

If you can go from 1400 to 800, that simply mean it's overpriced to begin with

haha, yea, i guess, but 800 was really good cause i checked websites after wards and they were selling like for 200usd...

Aug 13, 2004 at 5:36 AM Post #23 of 41
Haven't been back for years. Really want to pay a visit one day soon.

I don't know if it's worth it to bring my HD600 with me for a short visit. Plus I have to get a portable amp for it. Besides I can probably only use my portable CD player.

Wonder if I can get some good deals on CD3000 or HD650.
biggrin.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 5:44 AM Post #24 of 41
why not bring a portable setup? i'm going there at the end of the yr for a months stay... i might buy a er-6 or er-4 before i go though ..
rolleyes.gif

and i wonder what i'll be tempted to buy there hehe a portable mp3 for sure..

Aug 13, 2004 at 5:56 AM Post #25 of 41
After you have had a good home setup, it's hard to live with a portable setup anymore.

I can probably use my cousin's full sized CD deck. But that's rather inconvenient.

I wonder if there are any Sony ES CD players in Shanghai. Can't find the newer models here. May go around do a little digging.

And my parents are nagging me to find a girlfriend...
biggrin.gif
I would not look cool with a pair of HD600 strapped to my head.
600smile.gif

Aug 13, 2004 at 1:50 PM Post #29 of 41
"After you have had a good home setup, it's hard to live with a portable setup anymore."

Imho, that's not true; i enjoy my portable gig now a lot more than my 20k home set up.

Consider music anywhere, noise isolation, and no longer have to sit stiff between 2 speakers to get optimal soundstage, etc..

i prefer the older analog Grundig, the newer digital sound "digital".

Shanghai is so Hot now, it might melt all the portable gear you have
3000smile.gif

Aug 14, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #30 of 41
When I travel, I hate to carry too much stuff with me, especially expensive gear like headphone amps, expensive headphones, digital cameras, etc., always afraid they may get lost, get stolen. It takes the enjoyment out of everything.

So my philosophy on traveling is to just take the bare necessities. Aside from some clothes, I'll pack my Camera, a small radio, a cheap portable CD player, ER4S, and that'll be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back