Head-Fier's Essential Software List
Apr 24, 2004 at 8:21 PM Post #17 of 63
Joined
Jan 9, 2003
Posts
3,967
Likes
1,789
Dscaler 4.1.7 www.dscaler.org - For deinterlacing, processing, and cleaning up my external dvd (and digital cable) sources for viewing on a high-res display. Vastly superior to the software dvd players (WinDVD, PowerDVD, etc.) for anime dvds.

Diablo II,
Warcraft III www.blizzard.com - Mmm, I love Blizzard games.

That's really all I need and want on my home PC. Obviously it's for pleasure, not work. I like to keep it nice and clean, free from bloated software (other than the Windows2000 it runs on).
 
Apr 24, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #18 of 63

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Posts
3,260
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
oh no, be careful posting illegal links


Dude, What? No one has posted any links to warez. They all go to the makers website. Serials 2000 is legal software. Using it to get serials for software you don't own would be illegal, but as long as you own them, (and we'll assume he does, of course) it's fine. I happen to have a list of serials for every version of Windows that requires a serial, as well as Office printed out and hung above the computer. I hate looking through big CD books for the CD key. (yes, we have LEGAL copies of everything since Windows 1.0. But 95 was the first to have serials)

As for AVG, glassman, I didn't know it was Czech. Just knew it wasn't English. And yeah, it's an awesome product. I've got friends who know jack about computers, and they use it. Amazingly popular. Perhaps because it's free
biggrin.gif
Only other comparable one I've used is Kaspersky (Russian), but after you had to buy licensing per year, like Norton, I stopped using it.

(-:Stephonovich:)
 
Apr 24, 2004 at 11:39 PM Post #19 of 63

pank2002

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 18, 2003
Posts
1,213
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
Dude, What? No one has posted any links to warez. They all go to the makers website. Serials 2000 is legal software. Using it to get serials for software you don't own would be illegal, but as long as you own them, (and we'll assume he does, of course) it's fine. I happen to have a list of serials for every version of Windows that requires a serial, as well as Office printed out and hung above the computer. I hate looking through big CD books for the CD key. (yes, we have LEGAL copies of everything since Windows 1.0. But 95 was the first to have serials)


oh yeah, and the war in Iraq was done goodhearted, with the one purpose to save the poor Iraqi people, eh
rolleyes.gif
and the Easter Bunny really do put the eggs in people's garden
biggrin.gif
¨

Seriously though, on serials2k front page there's links to warez pages, and in when you do a search your linked to a crackfinder. And if you own the softwear, then why the hell would you care to use dude from Wyoming or malaysiae's serial? I'm not saying that you - or any other - misuse the service Serial2k. But some might be temptated.

Glassman,
I love Praha (don't remeber the prober english name.) It such a cool town! I was there some years back and boy do you got nice beers (espcially the dark ones) and liquid. I tasted something, on a bar, which was fruit-flavored i think. It was kindda sweet and you could get it in all kind of variants. Something local... I'm not sure what it was though.
 
Apr 24, 2004 at 11:55 PM Post #20 of 63

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Posts
3,260
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
oh yeah, and the war in Iraq was done goodhearted, with the one purpose to save the poor Iraqi people, eh
rolleyes.gif
and the Easter Bunny really do put the eggs in people's garden
biggrin.gif
¨

Seriously though, on serials2k front page there's links to warez pages, and in when you do a search your linked to a crackfinder. And if you own the softwear, then why the hell would you care to use dude from Wyoming or malaysiae's serial? I'm not saying that you - or any other - misuse the service Serial2k. But some might be temptated.



Shoulda put an
evil_smiley.gif
after my comment... anyway...

I use no-CD hacks on a lot of my games. Or just rip an image and mount it using D-Tools. Why? Because I don't feel like waiting for Safedisc checks. I own legal copies, and I don't like being forced to wait for checks.

And finally, I don't even have Serials2K. I just know about it
biggrin.gif


(-:Stephonovich:)
 
Apr 25, 2004 at 12:00 AM Post #21 of 63

pank2002

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
May 18, 2003
Posts
1,213
Likes
10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
I use no-CD hacks on a lot of my games. Or just rip an image and mount it using D-Tools. Why? Because I don't feel like waiting for Safedisc checks. I own legal copies, and I don't like being forced to wait for checks.


Yep, I use no cd too... Mostly because my cds are a caos. I don't have the space for images, but I usually find my cd's after ½ hour, if I look real hard
tongue.gif


Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
And finally, I don't even have Serials2K. I just know about it
biggrin.gif



Same here...
 
Apr 25, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #22 of 63

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Posts
3,260
Likes
11
Yeah, I don't have the space either. Well, maybe. 120GB drive, but I use about 40GB of that just in patches/demos/etc. and music. Add another 10-15GB taken up by games, and I prolly don't have enough for all the images. I just have a few that I play frequently. In my perfect world, I have terabytes of space on NAS and all my games are stored on it. Oh, and all my DVDs, and of course, the music. One day, I tell you, one day...

(-:Stephonovich:)
 
Apr 25, 2004 at 1:04 AM Post #25 of 63

Stephonovich

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 6, 2003
Posts
3,260
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by KR...
Oh Stephonovich,
tongue.gif


I know you were joking, or just doing your best inane poster impression to anything I write
tongue.gif


of course no one here would ever think of using that site for anything illegal.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
x1000

P.S.
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
....



Inane? I hardly think so. I dislike people who believe everything the RIAA/MPAA tell them and think that as good digital citizens, they are required to put up with product activation and CD checks. DMCA be damned, if I buy a product, it's mine; I didn't rent it, I own it. Good luck to any company that tries to take said product away. And as for M$... having to re-activate your OS because you've switched out hardware is just plain stupidity. Hence why myself, and many others, use no-CD hacks, activation cracks, and other such things. There ARE legal uses for such products.

(-:Stephonovich:)
 
Apr 25, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #26 of 63

bralack42

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Posts
312
Likes
0
Here's my essential list:

Mozilla 1.6
Foobar 0.8
Eudora 5.2
Vim 6.2 (both Windows' gvim and Dos vim)
Trillian Pro 2.0
StarOffice 7 (beats MS Office hands down)
Forte Agent 1.91
Exact Audio Copy 0.95
Adobe Photoshop 6.0 (old version)
PGP 8.0.2
Norton Anti-Virus Corp. Ed. (free thru univ.)
Adaware Plus (free thru univ.)
Spybot S&D
 
Apr 25, 2004 at 2:23 AM Post #27 of 63

ch1nkster

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 4, 2003
Posts
299
Likes
0
here's what i use (though i don't really use some of the apps listed below):

untitled.jpg


i have my apps organized into different categories so i combined them inot one picture. that basically shows most of the stuff i use. the 2 most important apps of the bunch:

paint.jpg
 
Apr 25, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #29 of 63

saint.panda

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Posts
4,317
Likes
37
Location
Berlin
Just adding to the programs others have mentioned:
kazaa
dc++
antivr
acdsee classic
mv2playerPlus
The-New-English-German-Dictionary
 
Apr 25, 2004 at 9:07 PM Post #30 of 63

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jan 13, 2009
Posts
9,511
Likes
24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman
I'm surprised to see how popular AVG antivirus is among you.. do you know it's czech program
cool.gif



AVG is an excellent virus checker and power to the czech republic! I've used Norton, McAfee etc. and none of them come anywhere near as close as AVG.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top