Head-Fiers at CES?
Dec 21, 2006 at 12:48 PM Post #16 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can we do this on Tuesday 1/9/07? I'm on a 9:30PM SW flight back over to Tucson. I may do MacWorld the next day.

Funny, my flight out is 9:05pm on Tuesday.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Jan 9, 2007 at 11:52 AM Post #18 of 37
leaving in about 3 hrs.

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:25 AM Post #19 of 37
Just got back, have a couple pics to post, but first I'm off to sleep.
CES was ridiculously crowded today. It's getting to be as fun as the former E3 Expo.
rolleyes.gif

Man, Stevesurf, what a way to end it. Sushi at Osaka was fan-freakin-tastic!!! I'll have to eat there every time I'm in Vegas. And what was the name of that Chinese restaurant our last cabby recommended?

-Ed

Jan 10, 2007 at 8:57 AM Post #20 of 37
Glad you're home safe, but sleep is for the weak and elderly. Well anyway, post those glorious pics you and your camera captured at CES when you can. OK.
wink.gif

I am looking forward to it.

Jan 10, 2007 at 10:37 AM Post #21 of 37
the lucky folks. while I am up at 5:30AM doing my homework
redface.gif

Jan 10, 2007 at 10:56 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the lucky folks. while I am up at 5:30AM doing my homework
redface.gif

I just noticed you are from Mi. I grew up in South Lyon Mi. My family is still there. I was over by 12 Oaks at Christmas time, man has that changed in the 7 years I have been out here.
blink.gif
Sorry for the hijack.

Jan 12, 2007 at 5:02 AM Post #23 of 37
Photos are in. Sorry there isn't much audio stuff, it was a bit boring this year. Partly because the Venetian venue was chaotic. I don't like how all the rooms are far/separated and are mixed up along keynotes/meetings that you couldn't really find where most of the audio companies were. Alexis park was better because it was easier to navigate through and all the audio is centralized in a single complex. That and the fact that you can walk over to the THE Show and look at some more gear there.

Anyways, the best speakers I heard this year were probably the Usher Audio BE-20's. The best earphones definitely go to Shure, the nice lady at the Shure booth let me hear the E-500's, they make the E4's sound aenemic.
plainface.gif
The bass was actually there, like in a full-sized headphone.

Other than audio in the show in the show, there pretty much wasn't anything new. The big hype this year seemed to be Blu-Ray/HD-DVD, which got real old real fast. Oh yeah, and I won Guild Wars: Nightfall from the Creative Labs spin the wheel thingy.
tongue.gif
Overall, this year's show was pretty much average, I do hope they go back to Alexis next year.

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Jan 12, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Photos are in. Sorry there isn't much audio stuff, it was a bit boring this year. Partly because the Venetian venue was chaotic. I don't like how all the rooms are far/separated and are mixed up along keynotes/meetings that you couldn't really find where most of the audio companies were. Alexis park was better because it was easier to navigate through and all the audio is centralized in a single complex. That and the fact that you can walk over to the THE Show and look at some more gear there.

DSC_0025.jpg

Baha, did you know that was Edwood sitting in the middle at the Shure booth?

Anyways I agree with the Venetian, it was way too crazy to find anything. The tower rooms were so small, the sound was not great in them. The conference rooms were big and better overall but all over the place.
Ed also had problems getting to the Venetian on the second say which was just crazy.

Jan 12, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Someone please go to Smyth Research's stand and take some photos.

So did anyone take pictures of the Smyth headphone processor? Or the one made by Yamaha?

Jan 12, 2007 at 3:44 PM Post #26 of 37
Quote:

P
Other than audio in the show in the show, there pretty much wasn't anything new. The big hype this year seemed to be Blu-Ray/HD-DVD, which got real old real fast. Oh yeah, and I won Guild Wars: Nightfall from the Creative Labs spin the wheel thingy.
tongue.gif
Overall, this year's show was pretty much average, I do hope they go back to Alexis next year.

if you actually wanna play guild wars, my friend just got me hooked. We started the Bose Kitty guild
tongue.gif
He created a new character with me and we've been goin ' through all the quests together. Fun stuff.

Jan 12, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by AC1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Baha, did you know that was Edwood sitting in the middle at the Shure booth?

lol! good point - odd are all the head-fiers gravitated to the same booths, a shame if you guys didn't wave hello at least. and that indeed looks like Edwood, or at least Edbot setting up perimeter defenses.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 12, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if you actually wanna play guild wars, my friend just got me hooked. We started the Bose Kitty guild
tongue.gif
He created a new character with me and we've been goin ' through all the quests together. Fun stuff.

I haven't gotten a chance to install it yet. (Busy week) I hope to have it up and running by this weekend though. Are you guys playing Nightfall? Or the normal one?

It does look like its Edwood. I really didn't notice him sitting there but he seemed vaguely familiar and I got the feeling I've seen him somewhere. Same for the older guy at the Shure booth too.

cfta1.jpg

Is it a match?

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #29 of 37
Yeah, CES doesn't really seem like a good place for headphone addicts. I don't even remeber seeing a HD650 at the Sennheiser booth, mostly just more lower end Senns.

I also went by Cresyn's booth (who OEM some of audio technica's products), besides the obvious lower end earbud that Cresyn OEM for audio technica, the rep at the booth also hinted at them OEM more "higher" end audio technica's products but he refused to go into detail when I asked him.

Jan 13, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

It does look like its Edwood. I really didn't notice him sitting there but he seemed vaguely familiar and I got the feeling I've seen him somewhere. Same for the older guy at the Shure booth too.

cfta1.jpg

Is it a match?

Ya that would be him. This was probably the second day of CES. Met up with him and Stevesurf for sushi (was fantastic btw, thanks Steve! Even though there was questions about my ordering
icon10.gif
) later that day before he left.

Oh here is another Head-fi bump into experience.... I met Surfboardz26 at the airport, on my flight back home, and he didn't even go to Vegas for CES either. He had RS1s on and his travel rig, so I was like ok, you have got to be on Head-fi with that kind of setup.
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back