Head-Fi Vinyl lovers - Some help please
Aug 31, 2015 at 8:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Zarathustra19

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello fellow head-fiers,
It's been quite a while since I posted; been lurking a while on hiatus.  Anyway, I need some help and/or advice. My brother was recently helping clear out the estate of an older gentleman and came across a stack of Panasonic gear from (apparently, based on the CD input on the receiver) the 1990's that he's graciously giving to me, as he has no interest in vintage electronics. What I'm wondering is whether or not I can move my Grado Black cartridge to the tonearm of the turntable.

The table is a model SL-HM42, and the only information I found on it online was that there are plenty of replacement styli available for purchase. Someone also asserted that the tonearm will only accept the factory catridge. Before my last turntable stopped working (1980's Pioneer), I was able to install the Black catridge. However, in looking at pictures of this table, everything seems to be one piece, so I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to replace the cartridge, or failing that, the tonearm itself.

I know this table is pretty low-end and might not be worth upgrading, but I can't afford a modern, entry-level table and amp at this time and really just want to get my vinyl collection spinning again for the time being.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Zach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back