Head-fi UK stuff
Aug 14, 2002 at 3:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

2 channel

500+ Head-Fier
I'll be traveling to London on business in the next few weeks. Is there anything I should look at that I can purchase there but not in the states?

Aug 14, 2002 at 4:45 PM Post #2 of 6
Hmmm, sennheiser? Beyer? AKG? I know sennheiser is suppossed to be DIRT cheap there. But then, I went straight to the source.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 15, 2002 at 10:11 AM Post #3 of 6
MDR CD1700s from MacDonald Electronics on Oxford Street...

They originally ran out of the things a few weeks back, but a fellow head-fier emailed them, and they have more stock in... they are retailing in London (even including our stupid taxes) for only about a third of the original retail value... and there are still people looking out for them
smily_headphones1.gif

Apart from that, not really imo, London seems to be a bit too low budget for me these days (must be going to the wrong shops!!)... one place you should go to though is, iirc hi-fi experience, on Tottenham Court Road, its underground (in the literal, not sinister sense ~ just to give you bearing of which the shop is)... and there is some stupidly expensive equipment there... Wadia transports, huge B&W speakers etc etc

and... you too can see a pair of Grado RS1s for in excess of $1000 in that store... thats where our VAT sucks
frown.gif

Aug 15, 2002 at 1:04 PM Post #4 of 6
Although you can find the Senn HD600 in the US but I doubt you can get it for Sterling 120.00 (approx. US$187.00). Well worth it if you need a spare!

Go to Tottenham Court Road & go into any of the ASK Electronic Stores (www.askdirect.co.uk). Pick up a copy of What Hifi magazine, their Ad is bound to be in there with the exact address. The Beyerdynamic 231 is also cheap there.

Aug 15, 2002 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by N@Z
Go to Tottenham Court Road & go into any of the ASK Electronic Stores (www.askdirect.co.uk). Pick up a copy of What Hifi magazine, their Ad is bound to be in there with the exact address. The Beyerdynamic 231 is also cheap there.

I agree with Ask Electronics... MacDonald Electronics that I mentioned earlier is part of the Ask 'chain' as well as Shamla (iirc)

Aug 15, 2002 at 1:36 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by 2 channel
Is there anything I should look at that I can purchase there but not in the states?

buy some burberry. or at least get me the jacket i want for winter..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back