Head-Fi UK Meet: 02/04/2011 - London
Mar 6, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #76 of 237
Holy crap!!
eek.gif
  The SVS realiser making to the meet!! This is meet has just become unmissable!!

Mar 6, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #77 of 237
Now this really is something!

Quote:
In terms of equipment, things are not finalised as yet, but we are looking to bring about 6 desktop systems - so a source, DAC, and headphone amp - plus a few portable ones to demo the customs and IEMs.

Brands definitely in attendance: Audio Gd, HiFiMan, Audiotailor, Unique Melody, Matrix, Lite Audio, Calyx. The Calyx DAC is something special - Sabre32 based and accepts 192/32 natively via async USB, plus it has two separate clocks for 44.1/88.2/176.4 and 48/96/192. Can be powered by USB directly or with an external 5v power supply (an extremely high quality linear power supply with discrete regulators is being built for it, and will be available as an upgrade at cost price).

sabre32, 5V input and 2 clocks! Perhaps I'm not into the DAC/transport market so far but the spec is really promising!
There seems to be a lot audio pro coming :D really looking forward to a chat with you guys :D

Mar 7, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #79 of 237

Quote:
If anyone would like a lift, I will be driving down from Manchester on the friday evening. Maybe chip in towards the fuel 
smile.gif

I will be heading home on saturday evening.

ohhhhh, dear so much good stuff, anf for once I think I can make a contribution to this amazing list of equipment.

I'm from Manchester as well, seriously considering going, going to check calendar and stuff when I get home tonight...

Just need to confirm.

J

PS.: amazing to see another UK meet taking place....

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #81 of 237
Sheesh I wish I could make this. My wife and I will be in London for about five days through April 1st. Unfortunately we're supposed to be back in the states on that same Saturday. Or should I try to convince her there's something I have to extend for, and get my ticket extended a day or two??  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Priorities!! 

I so would love to attend this... If I were able to go I could bring a well used Lisa III amp w/power unit, Headstage Arrow 3G, and pairs of SM3 and Ultrasone Pro 900 (although I see those are already represented at the meet), recabled Sennheiser IE8, Radius DDM, etc. 

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #82 of 237

Quote:
Sheesh I wish I could make this. My wife and I will be in London for about five days through April 1st. Unfortunately we're supposed to be back in the states on that same Saturday. Or should I try to convince her there's something I have to extend for, and get my ticket extended a day or two??  
very_evil_smiley.gif

Priorities!! 

I so would love to attend this... If I were able to go I could bring a well used Lisa III amp w/power unit, Headstage Arrow 3G, and pairs of SM3 and Ultrasone Pro 900 (although I see those are already represented at the meet), recabled Sennheiser IE8, Radius DDM, etc. 

Be great if you could make it along. I'm sure the wife would understand.

Mar 9, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #84 of 237

Quote:
very_evil_smiley.gif

Priorities!! 

It would be great to have some international participation at the meet! 

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM Post #85 of 237
Hi All, I've had another e-mail from AmpCity with more detail about the gear they plan to bring:

Quote:
Lite Audio LT-One
Lite Audio DAC 83
Lite Audio DAC 68
Lite Audio P100
Blacknote DSS30
Calyx DAC 32/192
Calyx Kong
Audio Gd Reference 7.1
Audio Gd NFB-2
Audio Gd NFB-12
Audio Gg NFB-11ES
Audio Gd NFB-7
Audio Gd NFB-10ES
Audio Gd Phoenix
Audio Gd  C2.1
Audiotailor Jade
Matrix Mini-i
Matrix M-Stage
Matriz Cube
Hifiman EF5
Hifiman HE-4
Hifiman HE-5LE
Hifiman HE-6
Hifiman RE0
Hifiman RE-Zero
Audiotailor Jade
Unique Melody Mage
Unique Melody Miracle
+ variety of headphones from Sennheiser, Denon, AKG, Grado

There will be some other equipment coming along but it depends on whether it can get here before the meet; a Stax Omega, the Schiit range of amps, some Iso-8 gear, and possibly a few items from Ayre.

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #86 of 237
^ what a list! can we extend the meet to 2 days so I can listen to all the equipments?! :O

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #89 of 237
Some more news as well.

I've been in contact with Audeze with the intention of trying to get an LCD2 to demo at the meet. They've actually gone one (or two) better than that & are going to be sending a representative over (who is going to be the new UK retailer soon enough). He's going to be bringing a couple of different LCD2 set ups for us to listen PLUS will have some spare pairs that will be available to buy on the day (avoiding the massive wait!). I'm not sure how he's going to accept payment yet (Paypal?) but I'll find out before the meet so prospective buyers can be ready.

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #90 of 237
Oh for cripe's sake!! The one headphone I would kill to hear, and it'll be there when I'll just miss the meet by one day.  
triportsad.gif

I hope to see tons of pics from the event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back