Head-Fi special attack team
Feb 5, 2004 at 10:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile
Read this in the 'Just heard the Beyer DT770Pro - 80ohms!' thread:

Originally posted by Jodiuh
I spoke to a rep at Beyerdynamic and he told me the only difference between the M and 250 are the resistance specs. He told me they would be acoustically identical. Just to test him, I said, "Oh, I see. So it's the same with the 250-80 and 250-250 headphones?"

And he said, "Yep, identical."

I've only heard the 250-80's, but it's my understanding that the folks who've tried the 250 ohm version believe different.

So then I said, "My bro had a chance to listen to both of those and he thought they sounded like 2 different phones."

And he said, "Well, audio is very subjective. You could hear a tune in the morning and then again in the evening and it might sound completely different. The only difference with lower ohm phones, is their ability to be powered by a personal audio player."

I wanted to say, "Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Bah!

Quote:

Originally posted by wallijonn
you should have asked him to email you the two different headphone frequency repsonse graphs.

you could also have told him that you are a Head-Fi member.
wink.gif

LOL! That conjured up in my mind an image of us kicking down the doors to the company HQ of a major headphone/audio Crime Syndicate (Bose? Coby?), levelling gun-shaped headphone amps at startled people and shouting, 'Head-Fi! Hands up!'

confused.gif
tongue.gif

Do you think we are becoming big enough and the members knowledgeable enough to be a kind of policing authority on the headphone scene?
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 5, 2004 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Wodgy
I doubt it. Last I heard, John Grado was still claiming the PS-1 didn't exist, despite all the info and pics and reviews here.

Ha. Grado (despite their generosity regarding Head-Fi meets) has been acting pretty shady lately. Their pricing options and now (PS-1) model offers to the European community are baffling.

Head-Fi police would be excellent for debunking audio myths, snake oil salesmen and freeing the ignorant consumers from Best Buy's clutches.

Feb 5, 2004 at 11:10 AM Post #4 of 63
I'm a head-fi member - don't mess w' me!
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 11:43 AM Post #5 of 63
What should our uniforms look like and what would be our standard sidearm?
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Feb 5, 2004 at 12:33 PM Post #6 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
biggrin.gif

Black old military style with a red arm band featuring the Head-Fi logo minus the snowman.

Okay, maybe that's not a good idea.

Feb 5, 2004 at 12:36 PM Post #7 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Wodgy
I doubt it. Last I heard, John Grado was still claiming the PS-1 didn't exist, despite all the info and pics and reviews here.

this from Grado...
Quote:

This is an OEM product made for the German market only.

Grado Labs

off topic, but there ya go...

Feb 5, 2004 at 1:49 PM Post #8 of 63
Why would they want to do that?
confused.gif
We need to arrest them and grille them thoroughly
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 2:06 PM Post #9 of 63
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
biggrin.gif

Hats fitted with propellers? Specially modified "V-Crap" destroying boots. Anti-bose-o nets. Sennheiser veil for camouflege from the Double-Blind-Test crowd
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 7:04 PM Post #10 of 63
Controversial!

I personally don't believe that difference impedance phones can be the same but it could be that the differences are too close for a mere sales rep to pick up. I've met some completely clueless product managers, let alone sales reps and the difference of say the famous Etys 4P versus the 4S is probably too fine for the average gut to pick up. I imagine it's the same way for those Beyers.

I'd go with this as the uniform. Long cloaks obviously:
aseasons.jpg

Feb 5, 2004 at 8:27 PM Post #11 of 63
A Head-fi special attack team would be good in hunting down the enemies donning Sony Streetstyles and other crap headphones and convert them to good sound. Or, better yet, punish them for their ignorance

bangraman, that cloak would still have to be a color other than white, because that pic looks a little too much like KKK to my eyes.

smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 5, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #12 of 63
LOL this is a hilarious thread.

Maybe Jude should be offering official Headfi ID cards for members who have passed a written and listening test of course.

Feb 5, 2004 at 8:44 PM Post #13 of 63
Arsenal: a gun that shoots all digital playback problems at unbearable 140dB's (that makes me think of Dune); tube-alike granades; some handcuffs made of a hybrid of interconnect cables and headbands; a contact cleaning spray (instead of a pepper spray); and for the ninja unit, some badly recorded Cd's sharpened on the edges, to be thrown rapidly as in the old kungfu cartoons.

Edit: forgot to include: RFI shields for every soldier

Feb 5, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #14 of 63
Please don't use ETYs or you won't hear each other talk.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back