Head-Fi Sloooowwww???
May 17, 2002 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

dstroot

Head-Fier
Lately Head-fi has just been draggin'. Anyone notice this besides me? My internet connection seems OK -other sites seem just as fast. But Head-Fi? Sloooowwwww. Just wondering....

May 17, 2002 at 3:27 AM Post #3 of 18
thanks for being on the ball jude.

May 17, 2002 at 3:40 AM Post #5 of 18
Jude - it's been slow for me for the past day or two, but seems okay now.

May 17, 2002 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 18
Yeah, it was bad last night, but seems to be in fine form tonight, thanks for looking out Jude
wink.gif

May 17, 2002 at 3:43 AM Post #7 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by dcg
Jude - it's been slow for me for the past day or two, but seems okay now.

It's fast here for me right now. And from several remote servers I'm testing it from right now.

I'm sorry about this, guys. This was something we could have probably fixed yesterday, had I listened to what carlo was telling me. I was told by carlo yesterday that a few of the folks were having slowness issues. I wasn't experiencing the problem he was describing yesterday (it appeared yesterday not everyone was experiencing it, but tonight it was everyone). I didn't look into it too closely at the time because (A) I was a bit busy at the time, and (B) I had no formal reports of it via e-mail or PM (which almost invariably happens when the place slows down).

We at least know what the problem is. Now we just have to fix it for good. I think we'll have it licked very shortly.

May 17, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #8 of 18
s'ok Jude. You're still the man!
biggrin.gif

May 17, 2002 at 4:07 AM Post #9 of 18
Thanks for lookin' into this Jude... its been getting gradually slower for me for a while, and yesterday was terrible. It actually timed out several times when I was trying to do stuff. Definitely a little better today, but not blazing fast or anything
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2002 at 4:26 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Flumpus
Definitely a little better today, but not blazing fast or anything
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually, right now it's quite fast for me. Obviously, it's not going to be as fast as a forum that's not as busy or big. We'll have to upgrade the hardware soon. We'll get to that.

May 17, 2002 at 5:49 AM Post #11 of 18
>>We'll have to upgrade the hardware soon. We'll get to that.

Ouch...

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 17, 2002 at 11:03 AM Post #13 of 18
Jude,

What do you mean you're too busy with other things???

You don't mean to say there's something in your life more important than Head-Fi do you??

May 17, 2002 at 5:36 PM Post #14 of 18
It seems when I'm using the Mac early in the morning it's slow. Later on during the day at work on a PC it is fine?????

May 17, 2002 at 5:59 PM Post #15 of 18
Mayday, Mayday...

The UK can report that we've been having a slow repsonse for the past week... luckily things are slightly better today...

Over and out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back