Head-Fi Secret Handshake(Or how to find members in public)
Mar 3, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #31 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naris
I still say they ought to make a head-fi button. Barring that, a head-fi mild adhesive sticker to put on headphones.

Personally, I wouldn't wear a button. The only people I've seen wearing buttons were hippies and union people. Plus, I lack the coordination to not stab myself.

The best idea IMO is a sticker that you put on your bag, camera, laptop or something. Maybe something smaller than the bumper sticker.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #32 of 74
I agree, a sticker would rock, I'd probably plaster it on the back of my walkman
icon10.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #33 of 74
I thought the secret password was: "Do you know Jude?"
wink.gif

Not so much of a secret now but I'd love for someone (preferably female) to come up to me and ask about my headphones. That way it gives me the easy opening

"hey I have a ppx3 - SLAM at home with RS-1... why don't you come round....
biggrin.gif
"

Oh a man can dream.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #34 of 74
the head-fi signal:

1) slap your belly three times (since we all have big bellies)
2) tilt your head back and roar at the top of your lungs
3) spin your headphone cord around like a whip above your head
4) rest & repeat until another head-fier spots you and returns the signal.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #35 of 74
I have always been partial to saying "Nice cans!" to females. There is the risk of physical injury if they aren't Head-Fi members but it is worth it.

Mar 3, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #36 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firam
I have always been partial to saying "Nice cans!" to females. There is the risk of physical injury if they aren't Head-Fi members but it is worth it.

You almost made me choke on my drink laughing there
biggrin.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #38 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squal2072
I thought the secret password was: "Do you know Jude?"

Haha! I like that one the best!

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #40 of 74
Hehe awesome
eggosmile.gif

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #41 of 74
I thought about this a lot too haha,

my idea was: put a piece of colored tape around the cable of your left cable right where it enters your headphone. Don't use black so people think its electrical tape, we can all decide on a color, maybe purple or pink or something (has to be unusual). For single cable headphones its usually to the left driver right? (which is why I suggested left) and then y-headphone users won't have to put the color on both.

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #42 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by nabwong
Trousers? i've not heard that word in a long long time.

The last time I heard that word, it was in a title of a Wallace and Grommit short.

Mar 3, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #44 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
Staple (or tape for the weak) your avatar and member name to your forehead—hard to miss and easy to spot.

Screw that. Get it tattooed on.
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:33 AM Post #45 of 74
I think my favorite is "Are you a friend of Jude's?". I hope no one takes it the wrong way though...that could end up being painful. "I wasn't calling you homosexual, I was asking if you were a member of an internet forum where people discuss high end headphones and related equipment!"

Actually, the DT770's are my favorite. Damn they look cool! But I mean, we can't require everyone to buy them and wear them 24/7, can we? Or can we
very_evil_smiley.gif
?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back