Head-Fi really is a big family afterall
Jan 3, 2006 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

mjg

Headphoneus Supremus
This topic might seem strange, but let me explain...

I recieved a singlepower ppx3 amp a few weeks ago from a fellow headfi'er. After speaking with various members here (SACD Lover, Grand Enigma1, Mikhail, a few others as well) i found a setup for me. Everything from tubes to cabling, everything i needed based on many conversations. This is completly out of the kindness headfiers expressed towards their fellow hobbyist, they just want to help me out. This is rare since alot of places usually people are looking out for themselves and aren't willing to just share and help so much. It's really an honor to be on a site where people just want to help you out and point you in a direction only motivated by their enthusiasm for the hobby and desire to help you...

I had a problem recently where i recieved these adapters for 6sn7->5687 tubes... I was being careless and just pushed the thing into the amp wrong and the damn thing snapped! I was almost going to crap myself... Now i realize how fragile these things are...

Anyhow, i foundout that these adapters can be fixed with some sort of adapter from earl, and i felt rest assured... Later after calling mikhail up, the guy spent nearly 30 minutes on the phone attempting to help me make the connector work and see if it's still in fact usable. The only reason being is that he is willing to ship me a brand new one, and no additional charge!! This was broken by my own fault, and he is willing to replace this thing for free (not a cheap part either!!).

I'm just floored by the kindness of others on this site, and those those post might seem pretty dumb i just wanted to express that i honestly feel i'm amongst friends and family on this site, and i'm really thankful to be amongst such good people.

Happy new year everyone!

Jan 3, 2006 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 15
Thats not dumb. I find it extremely awesome that everyone here is so helpful. I've been on similarily helpful sites before, however i've never seen such tolerance for people who ask questions that have been asked 1000 times before them. Its great.

Jeremy

Jan 3, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kassem
Thats not dumb. I find it extremely awesome that everyone here is so helpful. I've been on similarily helpful sites before, however i've never seen such tolerance for people who ask questions that have been asked 1000 times before them. Its great.

Jeremy

Ditto!!

Jan 3, 2006 at 7:34 PM Post #4 of 15
That's how I get my post count up - I answer the same 5 questions over 2000 times each!
icon10.gif

Congrats on the Singlepower amp, and report back when you have everything up and running. I bet it will sound great with your HF-1!

Jan 3, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #6 of 15
Good thread mjg.

I've also found people to be quite helpful when I pm them for help on topics such as purchasing a new source, tubes and just about anything else. The tolerance for answering "dumb" questions on Head-fi is quite high.
biggrin.gif

Jan 3, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kassem

Jeremy

That is one of the reasons I keep coming back. Some of the people I have met here are among the nicest people I have EVER met. Just a super friendly place in general.

Jan 3, 2006 at 9:42 PM Post #8 of 15
You know you've found a great place when virtual strangers give you great advice, find you deals, and send/bring you their gear to try out!

I can't even add up the amount of time I've spent on the phone with Mikhail and various people from Headroom.

Jan 4, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
You know you've found a great place when virtual strangers give you great advice, find you deals, and send/bring you their gear to try out!

I can't even add up the amount of time I've spent on the phone with Mikhail and various people from Headroom.

I feel the same way. The hospitality offered by headfi'er is not short of remarkable. Everyone here is very knowledgeable and friendly. Even the vendors and bigger companies like Ultimate Ears are very friendly. I simply love this place.
icon10.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Wait til you meet people here in person. That's what really kept me coming back.

And having money fly out of my wallet.
biggrin.gif

-Ed

ED been to like 6 meets man : ]

NY crowd knows me, i'm sort of what people call a big deal here...

i have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mohogany.

Jan 4, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
I feel all fuzzy inside
icon10.gif

I do too
biggrin.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
ED been to like 6 meets man : ]

NY crowd knows me, i'm sort of what people call a big deal here...

i have many leather bound books and my apartment smells of rich mohogany.

LOL! Nothing like ripping lines of funny movies. Good one Mr. Burgandy. I'm sure your guns have something to do with it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back