Head-Fi Problems or problems at my end?
Jun 22, 2005 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
It's probably problems at my end but does anyone else see this when they visit head-Fi (It's always at the top of the page) I switched to broadband 2 days ago (from 56kps dial up) and it only manifested itself after I switched to broadband..... every other site I visit is OK.... This is only happening when I visit Head-Fi.

My browser is IE6 and my OS on this comp is WIN 98SE...... as I say all was fine before switching to ADSL and it only happens when I visit Head-Fi...... any suggestions / ideas?

HF.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #3 of 27
Must be your end, my friend. All is fine here.

Jun 22, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 27
whoa that's you!

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #6 of 27
As you can see from this screen dump It's happening all the time but "only" when I visit Head-Fi
blink.gif

OS Win 98SE, Browser IE6 and this has only started happening since I went over to broadband...........

HF2.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #7 of 27
I think it's time for someone to switch to Firefox
tongue.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:39 PM Post #8 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
tongue.gif

Maybe so but "why" is this happening after I switched to broadband and only happening when I visit Head-Fi? IE has been cool with me for many years funny this should happen when I switch to broadband.

This is not a "what browser doesn't do this?" question It's a "why is this happening now?" question....... there must be a reason.

Jun 22, 2005 at 10:59 PM Post #9 of 27
looks like webpage source code...strange.

Dr Watson we must use our heads on this one.

Honestly I don`t have a clue. Sorry mate

Jun 22, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #10 of 27
This had happened to me several times (IE6 and WXPH SP2)...clearing cache and cookies solved it for me...(I don't know why...I just know it worked)
tongue.gif

Jun 23, 2005 at 1:21 AM Post #11 of 27
I think it may be a coincidence ... your network connection should have absolutely no influence on the visual display image of the webpage.

Sounds like somebody got ADSL and as a result is always online all the time - concider viruses, spyware, adware, and trojans on your list of possibilities that have been increased in danger due to your recent switch to broadband
wink.gif

Jun 23, 2005 at 6:03 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
tongue.gif

Ditto. And make sure to get some anti spy scanning to get rid of what's already in your system when it's installed.
biggrin.gif
Abe

Jun 23, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #14 of 27
I don't keep viruses or Trojans on my machine... I check my registry almost twice a week and also use third party registry checking software such as ad aware, AVG anti virus etc.

Tried my broadband connection on the laptop which runs on XP and everything's fine... tried Mozilla Firefox on my 98SE machine, fine also.... I was looking too deeply and couldn't see the wood for the trees..... I went into add / remove programs and run IE6 repair and everything's now OK.

Sometimes you don't think of the obvious and spend hours digging about in the registry getting nowhere
tongue.gif

Thanks for all your suggestions, appreciated.

Mike.

Jun 23, 2005 at 8:29 PM Post #15 of 27
for the life of me i can't get rid of the bookedspace spyware. i tried all the advice i got here and from google searches, all the programs, deletions etc- no go. i guess i'll have to bite the bullet and buy norton anti-virus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back