Head-Fi pet hate
Nov 14, 2002 at 11:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 101

taoster

Headphoneus Supremus
1. Writing a long response, submit, page not found!!!!!!! ARGGHH!!!!!!!!!!

2. Stupid Reviewers that should know their trade

3. DBT

Nov 14, 2002 at 11:24 AM Post #2 of 101
People dissing other people's music tastes.

People dissing my music tastes instantly become my lifetime enemies on this board.

Nov 14, 2002 at 12:15 PM Post #4 of 101
I agree with vertigo about music tastes [though don't always consider people my instant enemies
wink.gif
].
Music tastes are often very personal and not arrived at by any
sort of logical process [in my case anyway!] so it is hardly surprising that such an attack becomes 'personal'.

Now audio components thats a different matter.....
vieled HD 600s or AKG 501s with rolled off bass anyone?
very_evil_smiley.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Setmenu

Nov 14, 2002 at 2:04 PM Post #5 of 101
DBT means "Double Blind Testing". Opposition to it usually indicates a desire to believe rather than to prove anything about what you're hearing. It's nice to fanatsize I suppose - take it far enough and you could stop spending money entirely.

Nov 14, 2002 at 2:30 PM Post #6 of 101
People who don't realise that their opinions don't neccissarily reflect reality.

Nov 14, 2002 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 101
1.Cyber Bullies-guys who say stuff that they could never,ever back up in the real world.these guys typically exhibit cyber-balls.

2.people who make comments or offer impressions about gear that they have never heard or even seen.there are a large bunch of those people here.

3.Thread crapping of any sort.the ones I hate the most are those that crap on a thread without offering any useful content,just crapping for sake of crapping and doing it on a consistent basis.There is one guy that does this to great effect and has caused the closure of many threads.

4.People who disagree with everyone,including those who are, in principal,agreeing with them.there are people here who thrive on such conflict and interject meaningless arguments whenever possible.

5.Eternal skeptics-why bother?go to a conspiracy theory board.If you think we're all crazy ,why stop here with all us stupid,crazy people just to start a fight?

6.People who only listen to one type of music and proclaim to be an expert at ANY type of music.That is not possible.The most knowledgable critics all have extensive music knowledge based on actual listening experience and not just reading a book.I have seen quotes in the music forum that are lifted word-for-word from books.

7.(A)people who ask the same question multiple times(b) people who refuse to use the search function(c) people who ask many questions,yet refuse to share information themselves.

Nov 14, 2002 at 5:09 PM Post #9 of 101
I can't stand DBT haters!!!!

I'm very pro-DBT. The only way to compare stuff (especially cables) IMO.

I honestly can't comprehend why people would be against double blind testing. Do wood enclosures and shiny knobs mean that much to you guys?

Edit:

And people who think metal is a valid form of music
very_evil_smiley.gif

(J/K)

Nov 14, 2002 at 6:03 PM Post #11 of 101
time for some good ol copy/paste action, since you guys have said it so damn well:

* Quote:

1. Writing a long response, submit, page not found!!!!!!! ARGGHH!!!!!!!!!!

taoster, that is the very bane of my internet existence...

* Quote:

People dissing other people's music tastes.

i really dont understand criticizing people's tastes. none of us woke up one day and decided that we would like one thing over another. good pt V.1

* thread crapping truly sucks, but frankly, i expect it. altho its too bad it happens here at Head-Fi, since this is the best forum community ive found thus far.

* like tuberoller said, ppl who dont bother to search, and those who start multiple threads simultaneously or within a short period on the exact same topic

* "Need an amp"/"Where to get an amp"/"what is a Meta42"....amp threads that are repeated every week. i admit i started one myself. they are educational, they give ppl a chance to state their opinions, but mostly its just: "contact JMT/Kurtw/see tangent's website..." maybe im just a prick, but twice now i've posted the suggestion to assemble an objective, cohesive FAQ thread (which would only repeat what's been said 100s of time before, and not favor certain amps makers, etc)

* When images wont appear!!! i hate that damn white rectangle with the red asterisk!!!!!! i want to see the friggin goods!!!!!

*oh, and HD600 vs AKG501 fights
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2002 at 6:49 PM Post #12 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
* "Need an amp"/"Where to get an amp"/"what is a Meta42"....amp threads that are repeated every week. i admit i started one myself. they are educational, they give ppl a chance to state their opinions, but mostly its just: "contact JMT/Kurtw/see tangent's website..." maybe im just a prick, but twice now i've posted the suggestion to assemble an objective, cohesive FAQ thread (which would only repeat what's been said 100s of time before, and not favor certain amps makers, etc)

i remember when i first started reading headwize, that there would always be these long talks about how each headphone is driven best and specifically by a certain amplifier and the goods/bads of each amplifier with each headphone, etc..

now, the answer to everything is "meta42!" i too am very sick of the threads asking about this and it seems really silly that this is the only forum that i know of which has not one single faq. we get the same questions over and over and over.. and then when a thread that actually has some new news comes around, it gets closed because somebody mentions the r10/k501/ra-1/etc or the idea of selling a product.

i hate the "darkest desires" thread in the music forum. everytime i see somebody post in it again, i hope for a major hard drive crash on the head-fi servers so that the thread can die and be forgotten forever. i don't know why, but i hate it.

any thread that is over four pages on this forum either sucks horribly (always the truth of any forum in my opinion, i can't stand reading four thousand posts that are two sentences long and have to navigate through sixteen pages to get three posts of actual news), or is closed quickly.

i don't understand peoplw whining about "thread crapping." the world sucks. get a helmet. anytime i actually have an interesting conversation with any of my friends, we go from one subject to the next rather quickly. a forum is basically a conversation consisting of statements and retorts from many angles and many opinions. someday you're going to have to face the fact that society today has an attention span of a few seconds and a lot of people say what naturally comes to them (myself included). it's the internet, it allows a little more freedom without involving (usually) race/age/religion/whatever, so most people don't exactly care about anyone else's feelings, including the authors of a thread that is supposed to stay refined to a certain subject. grow up. if a "thread gets crapped on," the world will continue going, as well as conversations about headphones.

i think it sucks when people try to sell their audio equipment for retail price when it's used. just seems ****ty to me.

i also think it's stupid to post your ebay auction in the for sale thread. i think it's fine when people on here post auctions they find on ebay and wherever, but when they just start a thread to plug themselves i think "wow, what a jackass." however, i enjoy seeing people attempting to sell something in the for sale forum and after a week or two without any bites, post their auction on ebay and then get them sold. that's totally fine with me, since there's already a thread and it's just an update. that's just how i see it though.

also, spam is the devil and i think i got my first spam message from this forum the other day. something about diy cd mastering. what a lamo. go get a ****ing job.

don't worry sports fans, i'm sure i'll come up with more later.
wink.gif

Nov 14, 2002 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 101
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch

i hate the "darkest desires" thread in the music forum. everytime i see somebody post in it again, i hope for a major hard drive crash on the head-fi servers so that the thread can die and be forgotten forever. i don't know why, but i hate it.

lmao!

Nov 14, 2002 at 6:57 PM Post #14 of 101
[size=xx-small] Quote:

....also, spam is the devil and i think i got my first spam message from this forum the other day. something about diy cd mastering. what a lamo....

[/size]Any spam you received was not from Head-Fi. Unless you've included your e-mail address in a post, the only other way I can think of that someone would have e-mailed you from Head-Fi is through the e-mail relay mechanism.

Nov 14, 2002 at 7:14 PM Post #15 of 101
Quote:

Agreed.

I hate the lack of interesting posts on the music forum
very_evil_smiley.gif

I hate when people post a thread and don't even voice their opinion regarding the topic....that's lame man.

I HATE caps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back