Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #31 of 159
I could probably make it either day with some funky amps and a pair of Stax or two :) Got a neat phono amp if anyone wants to try, but my table isn't working yet.

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #32 of 159
I'll bring:

Apogee Groove
Beoplay h6
Senn hd650

and if anyone is interested I can bring:
Akg Q701
Nad viso hp50
Grado sr 325
Little dot I+ amp

I think i would prefer the 30th

Aug 3, 2015 at 10:00 PM Post #33 of 159
I could probably make it either day with some funky amps and a pair of Stax or two :) Got a neat phono amp if anyone wants to try, but my table isn't working yet.

I have a turntable but unless I'm able to get a lift I'm definitely not bringing it on 3 hours of public transport each way!

And my body is always ready to listen to Stax

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:30 AM Post #34 of 159
I have a turntable but unless I'm able to get a lift I'm definitely not bringing it on 3 hours of public transport each way!

Well I have a turntable, but it's nothing special, even Lo-Fi, and I font have a phono pre-amp either. What I do have is 40 pounds of vinyl, the greatest classical music pieces.

Also, count me in for having a listen to the Stax.
@Mike_TNT I've always wanted to listen to Grado's on top of that they'll be higher-end and within my budget if ever it's love at first sight hehe.
I'd also love to try the HD650. It'd be nice to compare my Vali to your Little Dot 1+ and my K612 Pro's compared to your Q701.

To be honest, at this point I'm almost hoping I'll dislike your setups because my wallet might be heading for a Wall Street type of crash hehe

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #35 of 159

Well I have a turntable, but it's nothing special, even Lo-Fi, and I font have a phono pre-amp either. What I do have is 40 pounds of vinyl, the greatest classical music pieces.

@Mike_TNT I've always wanted to listen to Grado's on top of that they'll be higher-end and within my budget if ever it's love at first sight hehe.
I'd also love to try the HD650. It'd be nice to compare my Vali to your Little Dot 1+ and my K612 Pro's compared to your Q701.

To be honest, at this point I'm almost hoping I'll dislike your setups because my wallet might be heading for a Wall Street type of crash hehe

Jack don't listen to the higher end setups if you value your wallet =O

An hour with higher end headphones and you realize what you've been missing with the lower end stuff. Next thing you know you'll want a $3k setup

Aug 6, 2015 at 5:23 PM Post #37 of 159
If I can get a ride I'll be able to bring 2 setups:

Yamaha CD-S300 CD player
Burson Soloist
LCD-2 Rev.2 (non-Fazor)

Fiio X3 1st gen
Project Polaris
Grado SR225i

Aug 7, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #39 of 159

Done deal I'll just bring the lot.

Are we set on a date yet. I gotta make plans with my boss asap for someone to fill in for me.

x2 on the stax.
biggrin.gif

Aug 7, 2015 at 2:57 AM Post #41 of 159
Confirmed members:

flipper2gv
- Geek pulse Sfi
- Hifiman he-500
- ZMF x Vibro

GL1TCH3D
-AK240
-AKG K551

Bert42
I can bring:
 - AKG K553
 - V-moda M100 XL pads
 - Fiio E17
 - Sony MDRXB50APR (cheap, tiny and sounds great)

Also, I could pick up anyone coming from Hampstead/NDG area.

PretentiousFood
I could probably make it either day with some funky amps and a pair of Stax or two 
smily_headphones1.gif
 Got a neat phono amp if anyone wants to try, but my table isn't working yet.

Mike_TNT
I'll bring:

Apogee Groove
Beoplay h6
Senn hd650

and if anyone is interested I can bring:
Akg Q701
Nad viso hp50
Grado sr 325
Little dot I+ amp

I think i would prefer the 30th

JackTheRipper
   Mac Mini
   Schiit Vali
   AKG K612 Pros

If anyone cares for them:   
   Rockboxed iPod 5.5G 30gb
   Shure SE215
   Bringing the room as GL1TCH3D said
If I can get a ride I'll be able to bring 2 setups:

Yamaha CD-S300 CD player
Burson Soloist
LCD-2 Rev.2 (non-Fazor)

Fiio X3 1st gen
Project Polaris
Grado SR225i

You forgot me in there :p

I need to make the reservation As Soon As Possible just to be sure to have it.
Is the 30th good for everybody?

As for the time, I'm guessing in the afternoon would be perfect. People by public transport wouldn't have ****ty bus schedules and people by car can leave earlier/later to minimize the chances of traffic.

Aug 7, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #42 of 159
I wasnt sure what you were bringing from your Sig so i just put that you were bringing the room

Most of the time these run from around 1-5 to give a solid 4 hours to listen and chat and make sure everyone can hear the combination they want.

I just want to point out a few things:

1) bring a list of the equipment you have on you that day. It's never happened in my experience here in MTL with stolen / lost items but I've heard of it happening in other areas. Before someone leaves make sure all your stuff is in sight / accounted for.

2) please wash your hair and ears. The latter being more for your listening pleasure and not to clog up any IEMs you may try with wax.

3) along with the previous point, bring eartips for yourself if you can.

4) be very careful when handling other peoples' equipment.
If someone feels more comfortable placing their headphones on your head, don't make a fuss. We all spent quite a bit of money on these items and the last thing we want is an awkward situation where an item is broken from improper handling.

5) let people know if you're moving their equipment to try with other pieces at the meet.

I'll post more if I think of anything.

Excuse any spelling errors. Typing this on my phone on a very Quebec bus ride (bumpy roads)

Aug 7, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #43 of 159
Is anything in this pile of junk of any interest to you peeps? I would not want to carry all that out of the island through bus transit just to have it sit in a corner in need of love. 
k701smile.gif

I sadly don't have a laptop anymore, so I just ordered a USB OTG cable. I'll try to hook my DAC to my smartphone and hopefully use it as source to stream my FLAC files trough USB.

I'm located in postal code H3S. Any chance I could get a ride from there? That could make the difference between me attending the meet or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back