Head-Fi Meet Downtown Montreal 2015 AUGUST 30TH DATE CONFIRMED
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2015 at 12:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 159

GL1TCH3D

Headphoneus Supremus
Address:

J4X 1Z7

Hoping to start early on the planning for this meetup since last year was a little last minute and the potential meet up times ended up overlapping with school for a lot of our members.

I'm hoping to see a meet organized for sometime in August since that's just before university starts for most people and it's a decent amount of time after SSI (Salon Son et Image for those who don't know. It's an industry meet where a lot of audio companies come and show off their speaker setups but there are still entire rooms dedicated to headphones and such).

Looking to get 10-15 people with a good mix of equipment!

Whether you're looking to just learn or try a specific piece, post below of your availability in august!

Confirmed members:

flipper2gv

- Geek pulse Sfi
- Hifiman he-500
- ZMF x Vibro

GL1TCH3D
-AK240
-AKG K551

Bert42

I can bring:
 - AKG K553
 - V-moda M100 XL pads
 - Fiio E17
 - Sony MDRXB50APR (cheap, tiny and sounds great)

Also, I could pick up anyone coming from Hampstead/NDG area.

PretentiousFood

I could probably make it either day with some funky amps and a pair of Stax or two :) Got a neat phono amp if anyone wants to try, but my table isn't working yet.

Mike_TNT

I'll bring:

Apogee Groove
Beoplay h6
Senn hd650

and if anyone is interested I can bring:
Akg Q701
Nad viso hp50
Grado sr 325
Little dot I+ amp

I think i would prefer the 30th

JackTheRipper is coming and he's bringing the room with him

If I can get a ride I'll be able to bring 2 setups:

Yamaha CD-S300 CD player
Burson Soloist
LCD-2 Rev.2 (non-Fazor)

Fiio X3 1st gen
Project Polaris
Grado SR225i

I just want to point out a few things:

1) bring a list of the equipment you have on you that day. It's never happened in my experience here in MTL with stolen / lost items but I've heard of it happening in other areas. Before someone leaves make sure all your stuff is in sight / accounted for.

2) please wash your hair and ears. The latter being more for your listening pleasure and not to clog up any IEMs you may try with wax.

3) along with the previous point, bring eartips for yourself if you can.

4) be very careful when handling other peoples' equipment.
If someone feels more comfortable placing their headphones on your head, don't make a fuss. We all spent quite a bit of money on these items and the last thing we want is an awkward situation where an item is broken from improper handling.

5) let people know if you're moving their equipment to try with other pieces at the meet.

It's at 8085 du st-laurent in Brossard.
Text me or call me when you get there 514-466-3151 as I'll probably will be setting up the rented room.
Sorry for the delay, hoping everyone can still make it...

ADDRESS

Feb 6, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 159
Am I missing something, or is there are serious lack of interest for meetups like this in Montreal? Why does planning for an August event start this early, because I'd be willing to go to an event with as little as 1-2 week notice. I really want to try different headphones/equipment , but there aren't many stores around here and I'd love to talk to other fans too.

It just seems odd to me, most groups on meetup.com have events weekly/bi-weekly, is it really a location issue? Because I'd be willing to host an event at my house though I live in the West-Island so it might be hard for some people to get to.

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 159
Am I missing something, or is there are serious lack of interest for meetups like this in Montreal? Why does planning for an August event start this early, because I'd be willing to go to an event with as little as 1-2 week notice. I really want to try different headphones/equipment , but there aren't many stores around here and I'd love to talk to other fans too.

It just seems odd to me, most groups on meetup.com have events weekly/bi-weekly, is it really a location issue? Because I'd be willing to host an event at my house though I live in the West-Island so it might be hard for some people to get to.

The biggest issue is finding a place to accommodate everyone and that can only happen when we have a good estimate of how many people want to join.

Feb 7, 2015 at 8:32 AM Post #4 of 159
Have you tried doing it through meetup.com? Their system seems like it could help with organisation. You could post information there and everyone subscribed would see it. You might be able to get people who don't visit head-fi through there too.

Feb 7, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #5 of 159
Have you tried doing it through meetup.com? Their system seems like it could help with organisation. You could post information there and everyone subscribed would see it. You might be able to get people who don't visit head-fi through there too.

Never tried. I imagine that Headfi would get more visibility among headphone audiophiles though =S

Feb 8, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 159
I'm definitely interested! I'm also willing to pitch in.

However, I agree with Goofy that August is really far away and would also spring for an earlier meet-up if possible. Here's a suggestion: We could arrange a time and day to meet up at SSI (in the Woo Audio room maybe) and start talking about it in person, to better gauge what the level interest is. Maybe that will get us hype for an earlier meet-up? :p

Apr 15, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #8 of 159
If everybody interested do this:

IM INTERESTED!!

Perhaps we will be able to communicate between us more easily.

So please anyone, manifest your interest!!

Will be happy to bring my Grado GS1000 at the meet.

And hear what is more than difficult to hear in whole Quebec province...wich mean quite alot of intriguing stuff.

My spoken english will suck tough, so be aware
wink_face.gif

Some people like Wine and cheese meeting, i'll prefer Wine AND Headphones-Amp-Dap-etc meeting!

May 20, 2015 at 11:01 AM Post #10 of 159
It's been a while! I'm interested as always. Got a prototype inverted triode amp and a few other projects that might be ready for show and tell, and a couple of finished amps.

Jul 30, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #15 of 159
Id be really down to organize times with everyone if I had a decent place to host it.

Unfortunately I burned one favor for another meet (kind of) and the only other one I could use is too small to setup up amps and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back