Head-Fi KSC75s?
May 9, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #2 of 12
Jude took them to look over, not sure how it's going, but things look grim . . . for now.

May 10, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #3 of 12
I was wondering the same thing with the recent ksc75 craze.
confused.gif

May 10, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 12
that one massive thread was just a feeler for how many would get a pair. until koss replies back, i don't think its gonna happen. (esp after the radio shack 9.99 sale)

May 10, 2006 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 12
I'll admit that I was very excited by the possibility. However, when I stepped back and looked at it from a business standpoint it didn't really seem feasible. The problem is logistics. Grado was able to do a special production run because they are a small company and audiophiles (namely us) account for almost all of their sales. Koss, however, is a large corporation selling to a worldwide client base through multiple distribution channels. For them to do a special production run of a few hundred pieces would cost much, much more than we would be willing to pay for them. Grado was guaranteed $200 per unit where Koss would be expected to sell theirs for $20 per unit.

So, I fear that this will remain little more than a dream. Unless some industrious Head-fier decides to become the "Larry" of the Koss 60 ohm headphones.
evil_smiley.gif

May 10, 2006 at 7:14 AM Post #7 of 12
*pulls out Black Sharpie* Dream no more, AF has enlightened!

...dang, I gotta stop reading Macbeth
tongue.gif

May 10, 2006 at 12:56 PM Post #8 of 12
Yep, that's how I turned mine black. (with a sharpie that is, not by reading Macbeth to them)

smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
*pulls out Black Sharpie* Dream no more, AF has enlightened!

...dang, I gotta stop reading Macbeth
tongue.gif

May 10, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #9 of 12
time to whip out the spray paint I say! Hey, mebbe we can get Jude to release some Head-fi stickers that will conveniently fit onto them!

May 10, 2006 at 3:16 PM Post #11 of 12
atart, they can be removed, but a few people have caused slight damage to the drivers in doing so.

There was a thread or two around where that was discussed.

Search for recent threads about the KSC-75s... If I find them again in my head-fi travels I'll link them.

May 10, 2006 at 4:07 PM Post #12 of 12
its not that hard if you're careful. just remember when you're taking off the black plastic piece that is in front of the driver, pop it off from behind so you dont stab the diapgrahm with your screwdriver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back