Head-fi I am selling the most valuable thing I own
Sep 27, 2010 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DavidMahler

Headphoneus Supremus
I have come up short for money recently and I am forced to sell my most prized possession.  What I am offering is not really a head-fi thing, but I don't have any ebay feedback since I've never sold anything there and I figured there must be someone on head-fi who would want to take advantage of an offer like this.

I have an excellent condition Martin D28GE guitar which I bought about 6 years ago.  This guitar is without a doubt the best I've ever played both in it's sound and playability.  When I found out 5 years ago that Martin was discontinuing the model and that only 600 in total were made, I knew that if kept in great condition the price would go up.  Therefore, only a little more than a year after purchasing, I locked up the guitar, properly humidified and haven't played it since. I never expected though that the price and the demand would jump so high.  Today if you're lucky enough to purchase this guitar you usually have to pay its street price of $15,000.

Because I'm so in in need of money I am asking for $11,000 or best offer. 

If you can recommend me another forum where you feel this item would be more appropriate or I'd be able to have more interested bidders, please let me know.

If someone is interested, please PM me and I will send you a plethora of photos, plus additional information.

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM Post #3 of 7

chadbang

Headphoneus Supremus
You might also try The Gear Page. Its a good place ONLINE for selling stuff. Personally, for that kind of money I try to do it locally, David. But be careful, an $11,000 guitar could get you rolled. And don't invite any Craiglisters to your home for that kind of item. Meet them in a public place.

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #6 of 7

LostOne.TR

1000+ Head-Fier
As an aside, won't hurt to also throw up an ad in the miscellaneous for sale forum.  People do throw search queries into google, and could very well be led here.

**edit**
oops. this is the FS forum.      Did not know.

Nov 2, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #7 of 7

jazznap

500+ Head-Fier
Acoustic guitar forum classifieds would be your best bet.

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17

Users who are viewing this thread