head-fi has new feedback options
Sep 14, 2010 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

TheWuss

Reviewer at Headphone.Guru
so, as of yesterday (or so) head-fi appears to have a new "feedback" link withineach member's profile.

so, in the future, i suppose that instead of a thread full of feedback posts, there will now be a feedback area of the site similar to ebay or others.
this could be a nice feature.
however, some clarification from Jude or other moderators would be helpful...

also, i'm wondering if there's a way to roll previous feedback into this system (shy of bugging all the folks you've done business with to re-do their feedback in this new format).

we'll see....

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 13
There is a new purpose-built Gear For Sale / Trade functionality coming, in the next day or two, which, given how much buying, selling and trading goes on, will be very cool to have here.

The new profile-based feedback you see now is part of that, and should be used now, as it will become the standard for feedback here going forward.  That said, we could come up with no reasonable way to import existing feedback threads into the new feedback format (same with the Gear For Sale / Trade threads themselves), so we're going to keep those available as read-only, and then move to the new systems, once in place.

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 13
Jude, thanks for that. That functionality would be so awesome, right now finding goods for sale is a bit of a pain considering the poor search function. I do believe I requested that feature on here not too long ago 
beerchug.gif

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:56 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
Jude, thanks for that. That functionality would be so awesome, right now finding goods for sale is a bit of a pain considering the poor search function. I do believe I requested that feature on here not too long ago 
beerchug.gif

I'm revolink, and Windows 7 was my idea! 
beerchug.gif

Agreed, though, the old system was cumbersome.

Sep 14, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #6 of 13

Quote:
I'm revolink, and Windows 7 was my idea! 
beerchug.gif

Agreed, though, the old system was cumbersome.

Hehehe. Head-Fi was my idea!

I'm getting unreasonably excited at this new way to spend way too much money and have my wallet run in fear.

Sep 14, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 13

Quote:
Hehehe. Head-Fi was my idea!

I'm getting unreasonably excited at this new way to spend way too much money and have my wallet run in fear.

The time that I spend on the FS forums in bad for my health, maybe partitioning them from the normal section will keep me away. unlikely.

Sep 14, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #8 of 13
You see, I generally go in with an idea of what I want, so being able to find it better is just worse in general for me.

Sep 14, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #9 of 13

Quote:
You see, I generally go in with an idea of what I want, so being able to find it better is just worse in general for me.

Hahaa, yeah, it might decrease the waiting time for a component I want to catch my eye...

Sep 16, 2010 at 12:50 AM Post #10 of 13
That's great
smily_headphones1.gif
That's much more convenient than going to the feedback forum and doing a search.

Sep 16, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #12 of 13
The distinction between neutral and negative feedback is very subjective. What thought has been given towards a process for disputing, responding to, or resolving unfavorable feedback issues?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back