Head-Fi Family Member is ON MTV!!! Votes Appreciated.
Jul 3, 2008 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

sbulack

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm excited because my son, Jon, is a member of the Phresh Select dance crew competing on MTV's "Randy Jackson's America's Best Dance Crew" program. The show first airs on MTV each week every Thursday night at 10 PM Eastern, and audience voting for the crews is open from the end of the show (11:45-ish PM Eastern) through 6:30 AM Eastern Friday morning. Each week, the two crews who received the fewest audience votes from the previous week's show are up for elimination, and the judges select from those two crews, one crew who will continue with the competition. The crew (of the two lowest vote-getters) not selected by the judges is eliminated. Phresh Select, the crew that my son is on, represents Philly With Pride. So, check out the show, and, if you like Phresh Select, vote for them (within the 6-7 hour vote window) as many times as you'd like, each week. On-line, I can vote about 600 times per hour, and I'm usually good for 3-4 hours of voting within the time window. Your votes will be appreciated too.

Jul 3, 2008 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 17
Cool. I actually watch this show (it's hard not to because they play it all the time). But it's a fun show.

If I vote for your son's crew, can you get him to introduce me to Layla Kayleigh?
tongue.gif

Jul 3, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm excited because my son, Jon, is a member of the Phresh Select dance crew competing on MTV's "Randy Jackson's America's Best Dance Crew" program. The show first airs on MTV each week every Thursday night at 10 PM Eastern, and audience voting for the crews is open from the end of the show (11:45-ish PM Eastern) through 6:30 AM Eastern Friday morning. Each week, the two crews who received the fewest audience votes from the previous week's show are up for elimination, and the judges select from those two crews, one crew who will continue with the competition. The crew (of the two lowest vote-getters) not selected by the judges is eliminated. Phresh Select, the crew that my son is on, represents Philly With Pride. So, check out the show, and, if you like Phresh Select, vote for them (within the 6-7 hour vote window) as many times as you'd like, each week. On-line, I can vote about 600 times per hour, and I'm usually good for 3-4 hours of voting within the time window. Your votes will be appreciated too.

Really? I watch that show RELIGIOUSLY, since last season. I used to break with some of the jabbawockeez and also have competed against some of Super Cr3w, and have met some of Supreme Soul.

Good work on your son making it though. All the crews this year are SICK, Phresh Select included. They've got their work cut out for them...specifically against Super Cr3w. Like they said, "anybody can take a week and learn a dance style and be somewhat decent...NOBODY can take a week and learn the bboy style..." I mean heck, everybody said that windmill that one guy did was "wack", all three judges said that, lol.....

Good luck though!!!!

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 17
To all of you who would like to vote for Phresh Select (the crew my son is in),
please remember:
1) The window for voting is 6-7 hours long, from around 11:45-ish PM Eastern Thursday night (at the end of the first airing) through 6:30 AM Eastern Friday morning.
2) You can vote toll-free (by land line) using the number given on the program, or (charged according to your cell phone plan) by texting the crew-id number given on the program to the number given on the program, OR (and this is my personal fave)
a) going to America's Best Dance Crew (Season 2) | Show Cast, Episode Guides, Trailers, Aftershow & Previews | MTV
b) hitting the "vote" navigation box on the left side of the screen
c) pulling down the scroll bar until the Phresh Select choice becomes visible
d) clicking the "vote" button right next to the picture of Phresh Select
(my son's in Phresh Select, I'm hoping for LOTSA Head-Fi votes for Phresh Select) On your TV rig, and with your eyes, YVMV.
tongue.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

3) You can vote as many times as you want (just not by an automated program) during the voting window.

Thanks to all, Enjoy, and Good Voting!!!

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 17
Considering I am going to be up all night to ensure I sleep on the plane tomorrow, I will have nothing better to do.

Your son has my vote x50 at least.

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:38 AM Post #8 of 17
Wow cool!

I don't watch the show but I have nothing better to do so I might as well vote as many times as I can tonight.

Good luck to your son!

Jul 4, 2008 at 12:52 AM Post #10 of 17
Im in Australia so I can't help you there mate, sorry. But I wish your son and the crew wins it. Hell, even if they didn't, they sure had a good time, being on TV and all...

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #11 of 17
This voting thing seems pretty simple. I'm wondering why someone wouldn't be able to write a script to vote repeatedly for a specific group all night long.

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:29 AM Post #12 of 17
I hope all the "crews" have similar groups of people making a mockery of the voting process in their corners as well.

Jul 4, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #13 of 17
In anycase, SuperCr3w KILLED IT tonight. Everybody got MURDERED...including last seasons choreography. The choreography was just brutal tonight from everybody, but especially them. I think they're reppin the bboy scene VERY VERY well, showing bboys have ALOT of creativity, and can do adapt much easier....represent for sure.

What I think is hilarious, is the judges don't know what certain tricks are in breakin. How the hell do you not know those are called airflares, and say you represent hip-hop and bboying? And last week, nobody knew it was a windmill to flare, they all called it a "flare thingy". They said it was sloppy (and it wasn't THAT bad, but it was kicked/muscled out), but I bet NONE of them could pull that combo off any cleaner with a YEAR of learning JUST that.

Phresh Select although unlucky tonight, was lucky to be picked by the judges to stick around, so they're good to go thus far. Can't wait for next week!!!!

Jul 5, 2008 at 1:44 AM Post #14 of 17
Shane Sparks is a Choreographer, so youd figure he would know the names of the moves, and the other two judges perform[ed] dance moves in video and stage with their music.
Ill check them out when the show airs again. I watch it all the time.

Jul 21, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #15 of 17
Oh well, game over, thats the way the cookie crumbles. They put on a good fight. The flag fell.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back