Head-Fi/Can Jam @ Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2009 (CJ@RMAF 2009): It's Official!
Jul 7, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #31 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. Looks to be VERY intense. I'm roughly 700 miles closer than you Gatto, but it's still a fair distance away. I am going to plan on attending, especially since I could not make CanJam but that is all going to depend on how the economy treats me in the coming months between now and then.

good luck getting there ^^ aside from the distance my other problem is none of my friends are big audiophiles and I wouldn't want to go to something like this alone if only for the cost of a hotel room. Usually when my friends and I go to cons we cram as many people as we can into a hotel room to cut costs.

Jul 8, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #32 of 119
I can probably attend on Sunday, Oct 4. I haven't been to RMAF in a few years so it'll be nice to see how it's grown.

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #33 of 119
I think I might be able to make it. Perhaps we can all take up a collection to help Gatto make the journey! I would be willing to throw in some assistance? Scottsmrnyc

Jul 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #34 of 119
For the members that want to show off their gear at RMAF there will be a separate sign up thread coming soon. The vendors are extremely interested in the show so we'll see a great mix of people in the room.

In a few weeks I'll also be looking for a few locals to assist with staffing the room, while it is only one room it is a HUGE room at over 12,000 square feet. Get ready to be famous Colorado Headfiers the audio world is about to descend on you !

Jul 9, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #35 of 119
hey, I thought we already WERE famous!
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #37 of 119
I'm already planning on helping out in the Bottlehead/TapeProject room and I like to go to RMAF every other year anyway. It's the best US show IMHO and the venue couldn't be any better (it sure would be nice if they could move the airport a little closer to the freakin town though!).

The main floor features a nice western themed pub with tons of micro's on tap and pretty decent food (hotel $$$ though). There's a few other big hotels (the Tech Center Hyatt) within walking distance that have good food too (I wasn't that crazy about the Italian place in the Marriott).
It's usually late enough in the year that there's even a little snow.
But the beds,.. ooh,.. the mattresses in the Tech Marriott are the BEST!

RMAF is also great for after hours parties. I won't go into details on that one so the shrimp and crab will last and the Absolute won't run dry!

See you there boys and girls.

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #38 of 119
I work about 5 minutes from the venues - some new eating and drinking options have opened up not far away. Perhaps the org thread will be agood pace to post 'em...

If you can fly into the regional airport at Centennial, it's SUPER close!
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #39 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiatrob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I work about 5 minutes from the venues - some new eating and drinking options have opened up not far away. Perhaps the org thread will be agood pace to post 'em...

If you can fly into the regional airport at Centennial, it's SUPER close!
wink.gif

Killer info thanks!
This would be The place to list good eats in the area. I don't mind eating a good $17 burger every once in a while but for every meal during a weekend, it can add up to more than the hotel room fast!

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM Post #42 of 119
I don't get it. I went to the RMAF site and looked for head-fi-type manufacturers. I couldn't find any. Granted it was a quick search. Maybe others will have more luck.

But all-in-all I don't see a rush for the doors by the manufacturing community.

What gives?

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #43 of 119
Which hotel do you think is nicer for the RMAF? Scottsmrnyc

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #44 of 119
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottsmrnyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which hotel do you think is nicer for the RMAF? Scottsmrnyc

Most of the events are at the Mariott including the Head-Fi. I stayed there a fews ago for the 2nd RMAF and the Mariott was okay then. Don't know anything about the Hilton. Probably best to check one of the travel sites to see how they are rated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back