Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 10, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #11,641 of 12,591
I hope you like it! Beryllium drivers are pretty strong it seems. If it doesnt suit you, return policy should be good enough to return. Definitely give it a try though. You can only form an opinion on them once you try it for yourself. Give us an update once you receive them.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #11,643 of 12,591
I hope you like it! Beryllium drivers are pretty strong it seems. If it doesnt suit you, return policy should be good enough to return. Definitely give it a try though. You can only form an opinion on them once you try it for yourself. Give us an update once you receive them.
Hello
I received the imr R1 zenith 4 days ago and I'm testing them every day since I received the for at least 4 hours a day.
They have A LOTS OF TREBLE and they can be dangerous LOOUD ! The MID BASS is not the tightest but SUB BASS is POWERFUL with a STRONG rumble.
BASS THAT CAN SATISFY LOTS OF BASSHEAD PEOPLES. A VERY VERY GOOD OVERALL IEM WITH A VERY NICE TREBLE AND RESOLUTION.
The bass response and resolution is Very GOOD and hits HARD WITH CONTROL without using EQ.
The big question is.... Are they one of the best basshead iems.
The answer is.... OF COURSE !!!!!! WAY BETTER THAN ANY BALANCED ARMATURE IEM WITH A HUGE DIFFERENCE WITH THEIR CRAPP AMOUNTS OF BASS.

FOR ME BASSHEAD IEMS IS WHEN THEY CAN PRODUCE BASS THAT GOES LOW-REALLY DEEP AND REALLY LOUD WITHOUT DISTORTION AND THE R1 ZENITH CAN DO IT EASILY. YOU FEEL THE 14mm DRIVER.

WE ARE BASSHEADS RIGHT ?
WE NEED 2 SUB WOOFERS IN OUR EARS

For me the amount is not enough even with the copper filters but copper filters DON'T have the impact that the black have, but the black filters are brighter than the Cooper filters and the treble can be too much in some gernes. Too MUCH FOR A BASSHEAD ! But the resolution and treble extension is VERY VERY NICE and I don't want to loose this NICE TREBLE.

**The Soundstage is huge for iem and instrument placement-instrument separation is really special for a DD beryllium Driver and ceramic Twitter.**

The black filter is the best to have best impact and best overall bass response.
Of course i needed to EQ them because like I said they are too bright for ME and black filters are the best.
8+ dB on bass and the treble becomes LESS you don't loose this nice treble and the bass is KILLING IT.
Mid bass is much tighter and sub bass goes to another level.

LOVE THIS IEMS.
The amount of bass they can produce is PHENOMENAL .bass you can feel back on neck and they can be REALLY REALLY LOUD - believe me.
BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARE HEARING MAX SPL LEVELS -- THEY CAN DESTROY YOUR EARDRUMS.

Thanks all for the suggestions and opinions.

Really appreciate it.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #11,645 of 12,591
Hello
I received the imr R1 zenith 4 days ago and I'm testing them every day since I received the for at least 4 hours a day.
They have A LOTS OF TREBLE and they can be dangerous LOOUD ! The MID BASS is not the tightest but SUB BASS is POWERFUL with a STRONG rumble.
BASS THAT CAN SATISFY LOTS OF BASSHEAD PEOPLES. A VERY VERY GOOD OVERALL IEM WITH A VERY NICE TREBLE AND RESOLUTION.
The bass response and resolution is Very GOOD and hits HARD WITH CONTROL without using EQ.
The big question is.... Are they one of the best basshead iems.
The answer is.... OF COURSE !!!!!! WAY BETTER THAN ANY BALANCED ARMATURE IEM WITH A HUGE DIFFERENCE WITH THEIR CRAPP AMOUNTS OF BASS.

FOR ME BASSHEAD IEMS IS WHEN THEY CAN PRODUCE BASS THAT GOES LOW-REALLY DEEP AND REALLY LOUD WITHOUT DISTORTION AND THE R1 ZENITH CAN DO IT EASILY. YOU FEEL THE 14mm DRIVER.

WE ARE BASSHEADS RIGHT ?
WE NEED 2 SUB WOOFERS IN OUR EARS

For me the amount is not enough even with the copper filters but copper filters DON'T have the impact that the black have, but the black filters are brighter than the Cooper filters and the treble can be too much in some gernes. Too MUCH FOR A BASSHEAD ! But the resolution and treble extension is VERY VERY NICE and I don't want to loose this NICE TREBLE.

**The Soundstage is huge for iem and instrument placement-instrument separation is really special for a DD beryllium Driver and ceramic Twitter.**

The black filter is the best to have best impact and best overall bass response.
Of course i needed to EQ them because like I said they are too bright for ME and black filters are the best.
8+ dB on bass and the treble becomes LESS you don't loose this nice treble and the bass is KILLING IT.
Mid bass is much tighter and sub bass goes to another level.

LOVE THIS IEMS.
The amount of bass they can produce is PHENOMENAL .bass you can feel back on neck and they can be REALLY REALLY LOUD - believe me.
BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARE HEARING MAX SPL LEVELS -- THEY CAN DESTROY YOUR EARDRUMS.

Thanks all for the suggestions and opinions.

Really appreciate it.
you seem pretty pumped about them

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #11,647 of 12,591
Yes of course.

Was a suggestion to buy them from this thread and I'm very happy with them.
I wanted to share my opinion and let the people know what is good and prevent them to buy all crapps that costs a ton of money and always be disappointed.
Like I was.
:))))
enjoy brother, i love to pump up the bass as well sometimes, i use Moondrop Kanas for that, with about 5-6db bass boost they are slamming hard, lots of fun with DNB music

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #11,649 of 12,591
@Pumped - Glad you liked it! Its a very nice IEM. Black filter for me as well, proper amount of bass and treble. You can hear all the little details in the music. I use mine open, seem to widen that soundstage just a bit more.
Thanks bassct.
Yes you are right about this iems.
For me port closed is better !
Anyway about power (loud)
That is what the owner from imr said.

**Max Spl is never a good idea but the mW is less important than the current. Ideal current is between 7- 12mA although you can run to 22/23mA.

In regards to mW they can handle much more at 15mW but I would never advocate that is that hearing destroying levels.**

Regards
Bob
Owner
IMR Acoustics

I can't post a screen shot or images because I don't know how to do it.

That is exactly what he said.

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #11,651 of 12,591
@FastAndClean
thx a lot :) Bass is a must.
I like yours iems.
I see u like DD either.
My best basshead iems without using EQ are the future sonics G10 with shure ear tips or westone eartips.
After 4 or 5 years are still one of the best.
And for this price you can find them.
I love them.
A vote for future sonics G10.

Another vote for the FutureSonics G10. I drive them with my Fiio E18 DAC/Amp and they hit hard and extend VERY low! Absolutely love the sub-bass extension, rumble and texture on them!

Very good for deep house and DnB. I also love their signature as they have a smooth treble presentation so can listen for hours on end without fatigue.

I'm interested in the IMR R1 now though :)

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:01 AM Post #11,652 of 12,591
Another vote for the FutureSonics G10. I drive them with my Fiio E18 DAC/Amp and they hit hard and extend VERY low! Absolutely love the sub-bass extension, rumble and texture on them!

Very good for deep house and DnB. I also love their signature as they have a smooth treble presentation so can listen for hours on end without fatigue.

I'm interested in the IMR R1 now though :)
IMR R1 ZENITH NOT THE R1 because the overall resolution is much better.
You will be not disappointed I'm 100% sure. I'm listening deep house , G house , hip-hop and nothing else. If you decide to buy them don't return them back after one day because out of the box they are too bright and they require burn in 100 hours. After 20 hours you'll realize that the sound changes a lot and After 100 hours burn in or simply listening music they will be very very smooth.

Jul 19, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #11,654 of 12,591
Ah yes you're right its the Zenith I'll be looking at. The 14mm driver seems to perform very well for our needs.
Yes Performs very well. Tons of bass.
Something to laugh.
If you like to experiment and have fun try this. Maybe you have a Samsung phone s8 s9 note 8 or note 9. In the box are some in ears. They have inside 2 drivers I believe. One Twitter and one dynamic driver 10mm or 13mm I don't know exactly. I tried this with an class A Amp I boosted the overall bass at 12 and 16 dB with Viper4android. The results are phenomenal. Very nice bass. You need to try it.
Hahahahahahahhaahahahahha
The earbuds that came with the galaxys can be basshead iems. Hhahahahahha

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #11,655 of 12,591
A vote for the free iems you get with your Samsung galaxy phones.
Boost the bass at maximum and use a Very powerful Amp. Bass quality and amount Is phenomenal for free earbuds.
Guys they hit very good
You will be amazed.
And all for free
Hahahha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back