Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jan 25, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #10,234 of 12,590
You mentioned earlier that they weren't basshead. Are you revising that opinion? How deep? How hard?

Yes, definitely revising that opinion. Was able to get a proper seal with spiral dots.

Can it dethrone the ASG2 ?! (not 2.5)

No. But they are hitting hard. I need more time guys. They hut hard, deep, and crystal clear.

Jan 25, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #10,235 of 12,590
Yes, definitely revising that opinion. Was able to get a proper seal with spiral dots.
No. But they are hitting hard. I need more time guys. They hut hard, deep, and crystal clear.

No worries and no pressure. I know the asg 2 comment was asking a lot. Take your time bro, i am still eager to see where they are on your list. Itchin to have something besides 90ex again.

Jan 25, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #10,237 of 12,590
I hear you. I get bored easily. I keep telling myself no more... But I keep coming back for more.
smily_headphones1.gif

AMEN

I keep wanting an iem counterpart to my SZ2000s...  Still rockin' my OLD original VMODA Bassfreqs, but they've developed a left/right imbalance.  Sad, but it may finally be time...

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:32 PM Post #10,238 of 12,590
I hear you. I get bored easily. I keep telling myself no more... But I keep coming back for more.
smily_headphones1.gif

With or without EQ at this stage saying they hit hard...is it purely volume ramping ?

Jan 30, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #10,244 of 12,590
Has anyone heard the 'Rose Cappuccino Mk II'? A review I read here from 'Cinder' seems to lead to them being a "basshead tribute IEM".. however, he did have to be questioned afterwards before advising he received a discount on his purchase (which was not noted in the review), which then makes me skeptical if he is just trying to get this to sell.. Any thoughts, I think they look nice at least..?

Another more reasonable question,  can anyone comment if the Shure SE535 has decent subbass? Newegg has these on sale for 299 and it seems like a good deal if they have good subbass (all people seem to mention is the mid-midbass in reviews)..

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #10,245 of 12,590
  Has anyone heard the 'Rose Cappuccino Mk II'? A review I read here from 'Cinder' seems to lead to them being a "basshead tribute IEM".. however, he did have to be questioned afterwards before advising he received a discount on his purchase (which was not noted in the review), which then makes me skeptical if he is just trying to get this to sell.. Any thoughts, I think they look nice at least..?

Another more reasonable question,  can anyone comment if the Shure SE535 has decent subbass? Newegg has these on sale for 299 and it seems like a good deal if they have good subbass (all people seem to mention is the mid-midbass in reviews)..

mid bass is the last stop before bloat city. They look nice though. Is Cinder a basshead or is he imagining what basshead means to bassheads? <<That's a weird sentence
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back