Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jan 10, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #10,171 of 12,591
Months in...with Sony MB90EX driven with Sony A-17 (via line out) + portable amps...

And I am still quite amazed at how good it sounds.

I came from a big, hot, heavy, "tied to the mains" desktop tube amp, and full sized Sennheisers.

The enjoyment of this much fidelity while enjoying portablity, has really been an incredible eye (and ear) opener.

I also enjoy Talan7's suggested "Radius HP-NHR-21", anytime I need extreme portability, to plug directly into the Sony A-17 player's headphone jack...is has top notch fidelity, also.

Thank you to the posters' in this thread!

:p

Jan 12, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #10,172 of 12,591
Months in...with Sony MB90EX driven with Sony A-17 (via line out) + portable amps...

And I am still quite amazed at how good it sounds.

I came from a big, hot, heavy, "tied to the mains" desktop tube amp, and full sized Sennheisers.

The enjoyment of this much fidelity while enjoying portablity, has really been an incredible eye (and ear) opener.

I also enjoy Talan7's suggested "Radius HP-NHR-21", anytime I need extreme portability, to plug directly into the Sony A-17 player's headphone jack...is has top notch fidelity, also.

Thank you to the posters' in this thread!

tongue.gif

I gotta try em. I have demoed them as they are everywhere here in Japan but I outta pay for a set. Too busy now but Radius is on the radar

Jan 12, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #10,174 of 12,591
If you want to try the 31, (removable cables), I could send you those myself. They are too sensitive, more sensitive than the 21's, but balanced they really open up. I would send stock and balanced cables. I'm not listening to them right now as I'm enjoying my new phantom sabre's. Got the new phantom master on the way in the future.

Jan 12, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #10,177 of 12,591
yo guys, 2 questions

1. Chord mojo is enough to make the mdr 7550s fully shine ? 
2. I still got the stock cable does a custom made one affect the sound at all or is it only because it looks and feels better ? 

Jan 14, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #10,179 of 12,591
  yo guys, 2 questions

1. Chord mojo is enough to make the mdr 7550s fully shine ? 
2. I still got the stock cable does a custom made one affect the sound at all or is it only because it looks and feels better ? 

Mojo has plenty of power. I used it to compare the ex800 and ASG 2.5 at the same time since it has dual Headphone outs. It was pushing them both well past safe levels. it is plenty

Stock cable is a horrific spider nightmare of misery. I used a via blue sleeve to fix that. New cable will look pretty and maybe fit better...maybe. No sonic changes

Jan 15, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #10,183 of 12,591
Which IEM will be best for sub 60 and extremely bass and treble heavy without AMP/EQ?

haven't used any, too cheap to make such demands. No bass iem has nice treble unless you build one with bassy drivers and treble ba

Users who are viewing this thread

Back