Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Nov 8, 2016 at 2:50 AM Post #9,662 of 12,591
I'm in the market for some new IEM and I was looking at the Campfire Nova and/or the Noble Audio Dulce Bass

Has anyone tried them, and if so, what would you recommend, will either satisfy bass heads?

Nov 8, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #9,664 of 12,591
I'm in the market for some new IEM and I was looking at the Campfire Nova and/or the Noble Audio Dulce Bass

Has anyone tried them, and if so, what would you recommend, will either satisfy bass heads?

You got that Nova recommendation from audio123 I'm guessing. As the posts that follow it say, Vega is the closest thing to basshead in Campfire's lineup. Putting it bluntly, pay no attention to what audio123 says. 6k+ posts in under a year of gibberish, hype, and one word responses.

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #9,665 of 12,591
64 Audio U8 will be better than the Dulce for sure. I think all the Campfire gear is very overrated and over priced.

Funny that you should say that. I've been eying the campfire lineup and I research everything I buy thoroughly. I came to the conclusion that they were too expensive. The 64 audio u8, I'm kicking myself for not buying on Massdrop after research.

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #9,667 of 12,591
I finaly got my Sony ex800st. At first I was very disappointed by their performance. The only other headphone I could conpare them to, were VE Monks. When I was comparing them, the Monks sounded better to me, probably because I was used to them and I could get more into the music. I was also expecting more bass slam/impact. Also I thought that the bass overshadows eveything else. Then after a few days of listening I started to like them more and more. Everything sounds more detailed than monks and bass it's just perfect for a lot of tracks that I listen to. I had to learn how to enjoy bass 'sound' and not expecting crazy head shaking.

ATM I drive them straight from the source (phone/laptop). What would I gain if I invest in an amp?

probably nothing, it's what you get some amps are ****tier than iPhone just adds bass. you need something expensive then it will improve it, my cayin n5 is clean and it can do 2 or 4 ohms output.

Nov 8, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #9,668 of 12,591
Funny that you should say that. I've been eying the campfire lineup and I research everything I buy thoroughly. I came to the conclusion that they were too expensive. The 64 audio u8, I'm kicking myself for not buying on Massdrop after research.

I know there is a large price difference, and I know my boy isn't a fan, but I think the Vegas are much better than the U8s. Keep in mind, I was not a fan of the U8s,and obviously the Vegas are a lot more expensive. I've heard the Andromedas, which are nice, but nowhere near basshead levels.

For SQ, the Vegas would be in my top ten definitely, probably top 5. I still have to compare them against the Sonys, but Sonys are still number 1 for price to performance, and nothing comes close. Absolutely nothing.

Ex800st is the best buy in iems for bassheads. Ex1000 for overall sq.

Of course, this is with everything eqed.

Nov 8, 2016 at 9:59 AM Post #9,669 of 12,591
I know there is a large price difference, and I know my boy isn't a fan, but I think the Vegas are much better than the U8s. Keep in mind, I was not a fan of the U8s,and obviously the Vegas are a lot more expensive. I've heard the Andromedas, which are nice, but nowhere near basshead levels.

For SQ, the Vegas would be in my top ten definitely, probably top 5. I still have to compare them against the Sonys, but Sonys are still number 1 for price to performance, and nothing comes close. Absolutely nothing.

Ex800st is the best buy in iems for bassheads. Ex1000 for overall sq.

Of course, this is with everything eqed.

Are the 7550's EX800ST's or EX1000's?

Nov 8, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #9,670 of 12,591
Are the 7550's EX800ST's or EX1000's?

7550 and 800 are same unit the 1000 is a different one.

To the research you did..
Tough to sort out who is rationalizing a very expensive purchase for their own sanity and others who have not paid for the ones they talk about highly.
Finding a normal person who spent their own cash and say this part sucks and that part is awesome is pretty hard to do. I have not heard the ones Warrior mentioned. I just heard the flagship and the ones named after planets

Nov 8, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #9,673 of 12,591
Updates on the Chinese 2DD IEM - they are definitely getting better. I gave them 20 hours? 50 hours? Dont know. They are on my MP3 player as much as I can haha, just sometimes I realise that I paused it lool! :D
Man, these IEMs are sooo comfortable and they are sexy too. OOTB its was kinda trash to be honest. :D But it's defo getting better. I will burn them for a loong time I think. :) For the 11.11 festival I will buy some Tingo silver plated cables too to play a bit with its SS. :wink:

Nov 8, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #9,674 of 12,591
The LZ A3S is a weird one and I found amp chip rolling changed it from awful to amazingly rich and musical/immersive. Not really a true basshead IEM though.
After seeing the new LZ A4 shell in advance, I'm hoping he took my advice on a bigger neodymium cone. It is no longer bullet-shaped like the proto unit but has more space for a bigger cone.

Should receive an advance retail set any week now.

Are there any other improvements in the A4? Does it have an extra driver?

Nov 8, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #9,675 of 12,591
  Has anyone here tried the Noble Audio Dulce Bass?
Would like to know what you fellow bass-heads think of them.

TIA

I have and was reminded of the word "hype". They put a word in the name that implies this is aimed at bassheads or bass lovers and I think they still require eq to reach an authoritive bass level and the mids begin to suffer as can be expected. Clarity (like the U8) is nothing to write home about which boggles the mind as it's a BA set.

They are not basshead able and at their limit are a mess. "Hockey stick effect"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back