Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Jul 19, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #8,507 of 12,591

The JVC XX iems almost all-bass and cheap (the old 101's steep v with peaky treble, though maybe new/higher modesl are better).
If merely bassy is ok maybe Tenore or Fidue A31s might do you, not sure how they stack up to the Shure though.

Check out the No Amp Needed list on the first page, couple  should be around that price maybe Sony XB40, Soul SL99.

Side note: Anyone check the Alpha & Delta D2 yet? Fairly cheap All the non-basshead sample reviews mentioned it being excessive... also 'sweat resistant'.

You know what.. I am wanting the ones I get to be over-ear wire, the A&D D2 are.. and @ $26.. I suppose I will give those the run here :)  + they come with 2 foam tips.. Done deal.

Jul 19, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #8,508 of 12,591
  You know what.. I am wanting the ones I get to be over-ear wire, the A&D D2 are.. and @ $26.. I suppose I will give those the run here :)  + they come with 2 foam tips.. Done deal.

Cool (you did see Taggerung's post saying they aren't basshead before going in I hope)... make sure to report back- info is power and whatnot
ph34r.gif

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #8,510 of 12,591
Can't deal with cables anymore while working out.  

Whats the best bluetooth you guys tried?

Thinking about giving Beats a try.
The best Bluetooth iem/earbud/headphone out there right now imo is the Motorola Surround. But it's not the best sounding either. The rest of the package is good enough you won't care though. It's got a 10 hour battery life (I'm getting 12+ hrs), it's water resistant, and the best thing about it is it's bluetooth range. I can leave my phone in the living room, walk upstairs to the bathroom, and still get reception. Non of the other sets can do that.

Just expect to be underwhelmed by the sound quality. And it doesn't handle eq at all. It sounds decent with a flat eq, anything else and it distorts.

Get them from Amazon so you can return it if you don't like them.

Edit - Let me add that they're only $65. I use them everyday and for everything. Driving semi trucks, throwing luggage on a cruise ship, lashing a container ship in the rain.

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:15 PM Post #8,511 of 12,591
  Can't deal with cables anymore while working out.  

Whats the best bluetooth you guys tried?

Thinking about giving Beats a try.

These aren't bass bombers but I use them for exercising and phone calls. I have like 4 pairs of remax around and none of them are legit basshead bombers but they're cheap and have good enough bass for the price point.

Same problem as above - they don't handle EQ as well as everything else, but in my experience I can leave the EQ engaged and not get distortion, it just doesn't have the abilities to reproduce bass that low

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Remax-Bluetooth-4-1-Earphone-Headset-Stereo-Portable-Wireless-Handsfree-Headphones-Anti-Sweat-Sport-Earbuds-Universal/32653581612.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_5_10057_10056_10055_10037_10049_10059_10032_10058_10017_405_404_407_10040_9999,searchweb201603_4&btsid=885811f7-4629-4005-a58b-ee86f25ae6b4

They make one just like that except earbuds instead of IEM style, and i have those. i have never used this one myself but i figured it could only have better bass than

hopefully someone can recommend something with legit bass for more than the 20 note

Jul 19, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #8,512 of 12,591
I've never had much look with Bluetooth anything, let alone headphones. I gave up. Prior to joining head-fi. That was even before I had any idea of real IEMS, how good they could sound. Been years since my last experience.

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:22 PM Post #8,514 of 12,591
@PETEREK Good job brother.  Looking real nice.

With the bluetooth set, you guys tried any of them with earhooks?  I need a set that will really stay on.  I sweat a lot and i"m about to do a lot of conditioning and cardio work.  So that means a lot of movement and jumping.

really going towards the beats, but a lot of the reviews on amazon is saying they are built pretty ****ty and won't last.

I tried the Jaybirds X, but didn't really like them.

Sorry for going OT

Jul 19, 2016 at 11:33 PM Post #8,515 of 12,591
  @PETEREK Good job brother.  Looking real nice.

With the bluetooth set, you guys tried any of them with earhooks?  I need a set that will really stay on.  I sweat a lot and i"m about to do a lot of conditioning and cardio work.  So that means a lot of movement and jumping.

really going towards the beats, but a lot of the reviews on amazon is saying they are built pretty ****ty and won't last.

I beat the crap out of my beats and they died by being crushed. Not their fault. Liked so much I am buying another set and also a set of BT over ear from Beats cuz they sound nice. Mine had earhooks. The ones on Amazon seem to be re-furbished??

These are not?
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/beats-by-dr-dre-powerbeats2-wireless-earbud-headphones-black-red/5565002.p?skuId=5565002
For the gym and no wires it's pretty good ( I have no comparison though
frown.gif
)

PETEREK is cable God.

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #8,518 of 12,591
I use the Mee Audio X7 Plus BT IEMs in the gym, they are sweat resistant and more comfortable to wear than the jaybird first version I have.

Right now I would probably go down the Lear cable or Westone cable route. You can use any MMCX connector iems with them or in the case of the Lear any iems with replaceable cables.

I have a friend who uses his 846 in the gym. And the "good ones" at home.

The PetereK cable looks amazing!!

Jul 20, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #8,519 of 12,591
I use the Mee Audio X7 Plus BT IEMs in the gym, they are sweat resistant and more comfortable to wear than the jaybird first version I have.

Right now I would probably go down the Lear cable or Westone cable route. You can use any MMCX connector iems with them or in the case of the Lear any iems with replaceable cables.

I have a friend who uses his 846 in the gym. And the "good ones" at home.

The PetereK cable looks amazing!!

I can't believe HBB uses Beats. Worst headphone brand ever and way overpriced, it's just for hyped teenagers who do not have a clue about sound quality. 

Anyway if anyone can recommend some cool wireless earphones with good sound quality,  I'd be hooked too. But not with the stupid bar behind the head please. Not sure if you guys understand what I am talking about, but those are the most stupid thing I have ever seen in the whole Universe and you literally will have to point a gun at me to wear those. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 1:46 AM Post #8,520 of 12,591

I can't believe HBB uses Beats. Worst headphone brand ever and way overpriced, it's just for hyped teenagers who do not have a clue about sound quality. 

Anyway if anyone can recommend some cool wireless earphones with good sound quality,  I'd be hooked too. But not with the stupid bar behind the head please. Not sure if you guys understand what I am talking about, but those are the most stupid thing I have ever seen in the whole Universe and you literally will have to point a gun at me to wear those. 

Not all beats are bad. Overpriced - yep. But the new Solo2 sound decent (surprisingly) and are ok priced at the moment - the in ears are not as bad as they used to be either. But I agree beats were horrendously bad in the beginning. They started getting better even before Apple bought them.

re: bluetooth things - you mean these:

They look horrible indeed.

But I was talking about these:

and the BT cable thingies from Westone and Lear:

They don't look too bad...

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back