Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 10, 2016 at 10:11 PM Post #7,336 of 12,591
  Shouldn't Sonys be the most comfortable as none of the housing actually touches your ear, so it's all tip dependent? At least that's the case for me. Shures and Aurisonics cause me pain when worn.

I have no issues with the Shures and Aurisonics.

I think it's the way the weight is far out of the ear so the pressure is in the ear canal to hold the IEM in place. Of course I could be doing things very wrong.

May 11, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #7,337 of 12,591
I actually agree that the larger Shure models like the 846 can be a little uncomfortable in long term use when seated in the ear too much. The 215 was pretty comfortable, but it also was much smaller and slimmer than the 846.

At first I found the aurisonics to be a little uncomfortable, but I found that it really took some messing around to find the right fit and seating in the ear. Once seated properly, I have found these things to be very comfortable and secure fitting. I like the way they fit and feel better than the 846s.

On an unrelated, but new note, I buckled and bought the xb90ex's after reading everyone's comments in here. These things look like their gonna be pretty killer!

After that I'm gonna wait a little while and try to scoop up a pair of 2.5s after I recoup some. I'm dying to hear those things!

May 11, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #7,338 of 12,591
Grab em while you can, I've never seen as many 2.5's for sale at once as I have on the classifieds right now, and at least one of them sold within 4-5 hours of the post being made? They're still very hot items for sure.

If you're intrigued by them grab them while you can, honestly the ASG-B is 80% of the 2.5's sound at least at under half the price, I keep going back and forth on if I want to keep my ASG-B or not. Probably will keep them for backups or something, or for occasions I don't want to use my gold 2.5's... dammit I'll have to buy plastic 2.5's again!

May 11, 2016 at 2:10 AM Post #7,341 of 12,591

you're probably right, i probably was misunderstanding sony terms and thought i was buying the other thing

Yeah it's a hybrid of silicon and....er......silicon
confused.gif

No idea why they say that. I always thought the same. Foam inside is hybrid.....cuz it ain't noise cancelling
mad.gif

May 11, 2016 at 2:27 AM Post #7,343 of 12,591
  where do you guys get your sony hybrid tips from?

I'm looking for the ML size that comes with the sony ex1000.  Nobody on ebay carries that size.

I'm wondering too cause last time I thought I bought hybrid foams I just got plain silicons :frowning2:

I think the silicone ones are the hybrids and the ones with the foam inside is noise cancelling.  Well thats how the box that came with the ex1000 was marked.

you're probably right, i probably was misunderstanding sony terms and thought i was buying the other thing

The ones I got from Amazon are EP-EXN50M (medium)
I'm sure the last letter represents the size S (small) & L (large)

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Noise-Isolation-Ep-exn50m-Imports/dp/B005OT3O5A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1462947557&sr=1-1&keywords=Ep-exn50

Looks the only size available are the medium...

Here are some on eBay in size small vapman http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-EP-EXN50S-Noise-Isolation-Earpiece-Size-S-4-pcs-Japan-import-F-S-/201560864081?hash=item2eedf6b551:g:znoAAOSwl9BWMvxX

Size large here http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-EP-EXN50L-Noise-Isolation-Replacement-Ear-Tips-Black-Size-L-from-Japan-/121726928240?hash=item1c577d8570:g:GAsAAOSwLVZVyGzW

May 11, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #7,344 of 12,591

The ones I got from Amazon are EP-EXN50M (medium)
I'm sure the last letter represents the size S (small) & L (large)

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Noise-Isolation-Ep-exn50m-Imports/dp/B005OT3O5A/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1462947557&sr=1-1&keywords=Ep-exn50

Looks the only size available are the medium...

Here are some on eBay in size small vapman http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-EP-EXN50S-Noise-Isolation-Earpiece-Size-S-4-pcs-Japan-import-F-S-/201560864081?hash=item2eedf6b551:g:znoAAOSwl9BWMvxX

Size large here http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-EP-EXN50L-Noise-Isolation-Replacement-Ear-Tips-Black-Size-L-from-Japan-/121726928240?hash=item1c577d8570:g:GAsAAOSwLVZVyGzW

sony made two sizes that aren't readily available.  its ML (medium long) and LL (large long) I'm wanting set of the ML for my U8s.  its a little longer so it will seal well and keeps the iem from touching my ears.

May 11, 2016 at 3:34 AM Post #7,345 of 12,591
So typical of Sony for the best accessories to use their products to be near impossible to source!
I'll find em eventaully and be happy when I do, but I've been using the ASG sureseal tips with a similar shape when I need them instead.

May 11, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #7,346 of 12,591
____QUESTION____

I recently got the RHA T10, and I find them too bright. The highs "hiss" too much for my likings.
They are fresh and it might turn out better after burn in, but still the bass isnt my type.. Too sub-bassy.

So I am thinking about getting the Onkyo IE-CTI300 or the Beats Tour 2.0.
Just reading those two linked Innerfidelity Reviews, they dont really help me with my decision.
Propably will get both and test them out and send one back.

But I have some concerns for both IEM:

Do some have problems with getting the right fit with the Onkyo since they are so big?
Do some had issues with the cable connection, since it is just plugged in but not "plug in and turn"?

Do some have any issues with the Beats Tour?
Do some find some of these two too bright?

May 11, 2016 at 5:58 AM Post #7,347 of 12,591
Hi ,

My Zero Audio Carbo Basso right side not working,  Now im looking for a replacement. I wanna buy 2 iem ( 1 with amp, 1 without amp)

1) I want the same or even more Sub-bass then basso's while retaining the smooth treble, (I am very sensitive to sibilance and harsh/edgy treble). I would prefer more wider soundstage than basso's.

Any Iem for less than $100 that is a step up to Carbo basso ? I have fiio e12 amp.

is Sony xb90ex treble very harsh ? I am concerned about that.

2)And I would want another IEM without requiring an amp, should I just get another Carbo basso ? or are there any alternative ?

Thanks a lot.

May 11, 2016 at 7:50 AM Post #7,348 of 12,591
  Grab em while you can, I've never seen as many 2.5's for sale at once as I have on the classifieds right now, and at least one of them sold within 4-5 hours of the post being made? They're still very hot items for sure.

If you're intrigued by them grab them while you can, honestly the ASG-B is 80% of the 2.5's sound at least at under half the price, I keep going back and forth on if I want to keep my ASG-B or not. Probably will keep them for backups or something, or for occasions I don't want to use my gold 2.5's... dammit I'll have to buy plastic 2.5's again!

Holy **** I want these so bad. Theres only one shop which sells these down here in aus and its so pricey (960$) that its unreal! 

May 11, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #7,349 of 12,591
  Hi ,

My Zero Audio Carbo Basso right side not working,  Now im looking for a replacement. I wanna buy 2 iem ( 1 with amp, 1 without amp)

1) I want the same or even more Sub-bass then basso's while retaining the smooth treble, (I am very sensitive to sibilance and harsh/edgy treble). I would prefer more wider soundstage than basso's.

Any Iem for less than $100 that is a step up to Carbo basso ? I have fiio e12 amp.

is Sony xb90ex treble very harsh ? I am concerned about that.

2)And I would want another IEM without requiring an amp, should I just get another Carbo basso ? or are there any alternative ?

Thanks a lot.

xb90ex is not harsh or splashy in the treble at all and it has a large stage

____QUESTION____

I recently got the RHA T10, and I find them too bright. The highs "hiss" too much for my likings.
They are fresh and it might turn out better after burn in, but still the bass isnt my type.. Too sub-bassy.

So I am thinking about getting the Onkyo IE-CTI300 or the Beats Tour 2.0.
Just reading those two linked Innerfidelity Reviews, they dont really help me with my decision.
Propably will get both and test them out and send one back.

But I have some concerns for both IEM:

Do some have problems with getting the right fit with the Onkyo since they are so big?

No they are tip dependent like many IEM. They are actually quite nice and if i did not use an amp they would be my second choice after the AD01

Do some had issues with the cable connection, since it is just plugged in but not "plug in and turn"?

Lifestyle. Never had an IEM pull while outside but have had some hook on a chair when sitting down. The popping out would be much better than damaging the strain relief and wire

Do some have any issues with the Beats Tour?

Beats tour 2 are great. I have them for the beach. Rarely use them but sound sig is nice

The Onkyo rolls off and is not bright. The Beats are a bit "V" shaped

May 11, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #7,350 of 12,591
Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lifestyle. Never had an IEM pull while outside but have had some hook on a chair when sitting down. The popping out would be much better than damaging the strain relief and wire

I ment, do they get a loose connection over time?
Sorry my english isnt the greatest :s

Originally Posted by Hawaiibadboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beats tour 2 are great. I have them for the beach. Rarely use them but sound sig is nice

The Onkyo rolls off and is not bright. The Beats are a bit "V" shaped

So you would say, the Onkyo wouldnt harm me as much as the beats since the roll off?
What would you say, which of those two are more warm?
(side fact: I dont own an amp)

edit: which of those two are more on the subbass or midbass? Since I do like more the Midbass, which has the actuall kick (if im right)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back