Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 30, 2016 at 12:13 AM Post #5,386 of 12,591
Have you tried other dac/amp combos w/ the 2.5s? I'm extremely new to this and trying to get some advice for a great setup up to pair with my iPhone 6plus.
Cowon P1

Mar 30, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #5,388 of 12,591
Playing some Metal and its sounding good.

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #5,390 of 12,591
Elecom are the real deal, bass wise. I'm experiencing sibilance. I did have some fit issues, but spiral dots are working well. Too soon to share a lot. They are ugly as hell, flat cable if that's your thing.

Decent package. For $32, definitely a budget basshead. It takes lots of power too. I turned my C5 all the way up, along with my phone, no distortion that I could hear, it was loud, bass was thumping.

At lower volumes, definitely a little veiled, mid range sounds a little flat to me. Not the best at detail retrieval.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find more bass volume at this price range and probably way up. I would say more than Xb90ex bass. Not by much, but noticeable. Also, easier to drive than the Sony's.

But the treble gets real hot, although I do turn treble up, but either way more than anything else I own.

Clarity not on same level as the Sony either.

Overall, this are pretty damn good, especially at this price.

Anyone who'd like to give a listen, drop me a pm.

Sorry for the jumbled mess... Just read what I typed, I was all over the place. I was literally listening and laying in bed. Overall, we have a winner.

Sorry Warrior, which Elecom model are you referring to?
Thanks a lots

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #5,392 of 12,591
I bought the ASG Kickers and it definitely is better than what I used to have.  Here's a stupid question though:  how do you properly put them in the case (even better if you guys have pics)?  The case it came with has this cup thingy in the middle.  So do I put the ear pieces first, wrapping the stiffer ear cable around the cup, then wrap the rest of the cable around the cup?  Do I put the ear pieces and the stiffer ear cable around the cup, and the rest of the cable inside the cup?  Wrap cable first then put in ear pieces last?
confused.gif

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #5,394 of 12,591
I bought the ASG Kickers and it definitely is better than what I used to have.  Here's a stupid question though:  how do you properly put them in the case (even better if you guys have pics)?  The case it came with has this cup thingy in the middle.  So do I put the ear pieces first, wrapping the stiffer ear cable around the cup, then wrap the rest of the cable around the cup?  Do I put the ear pieces and the stiffer ear cable around the cup, and the rest of the cable inside the cup?  Wrap cable first then put in ear pieces last? :confused:
Or just cut the cup out.

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #5,395 of 12,591
  I ripped the cup out :p

Or just cut the cup out.

but it's a $250 set I feel bad about having to destroy one of its accessories
etysmile.gif

here's what the case looks like btw:
http://www.ksdistribution.co.uk/images/products/aurisonics-bravo-forte-red-in-case-535x331.jpg
http://ineargear.com/images/358_1dn.jpg

on the first image, they had the earpiece inside the cup but it also looks like the cables are disconnected.  on the second image, the earpieces are propped up and it does not look like the case would close

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #5,396 of 12,591
  I bought the ASG Kickers and it definitely is better than what I used to have.  Here's a stupid question though:  how do you properly put them in the case (even better if you guys have pics)?  The case it came with has this cup thingy in the middle.  So do I put the ear pieces first, wrapping the stiffer ear cable around the cup, then wrap the rest of the cable around the cup?  Do I put the ear pieces and the stiffer ear cable around the cup, and the rest of the cable inside the cup?  Wrap cable first then put in ear pieces last?
confused.gif

I think this will remain one of the unsolved mysteries of mankind. I gave up - no matter what I try, it always doesn't look like the intend use.

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:44 PM Post #5,397 of 12,591
I bought the ASG Kickers and it definitely is better than what I used to have.  Here's a stupid question though:  how do you properly put them in the case (even better if you guys have pics)?  The case it came with has this cup thingy in the middle.  So do I put the ear pieces first, wrapping the stiffer ear cable around the cup, then wrap the rest of the cable around the cup?  Do I put the ear pieces and the stiffer ear cable around the cup, and the rest of the cable inside the cup?  Wrap cable first then put in ear pieces last? :confused:

Open th case so the cup is facing you. Take about 3 fingers length from where the cable protrudes from the IEMS and then wrap from there around the cup. The 3.5mm plug sits in the cup. The two IEM sit in the space behind the cup and there is room to keep the memory wire how you like it.

A bit weird at first but it makes sense after doing it once :)

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #5,398 of 12,591

I think this will remain one of the unsolved mysteries of mankind. I gave up - no matter what I try, it always doesn't look like the intend use.

Glad I'm not the only one I was thinking it's probably a high-end audiophile tool that I've never seen before
biggrin.gif

Open th case so the cup is facing you. Take about 3 fingers length from where the cable protrudes from the IEMS and then wrap from there around the cup. The 3.5mm plug sits in the cup. The two IEM sit in the space behind the cup and there is room to keep the memory wire how you like it.

A bit weird at first but it makes sense after doing it once
smily_headphones1.gif

ok so wrap first but start at the iem end leaving 3 finger lengths.  then put the plug in the cup, then put the iems on the space above the cup?  I will try this thank you

Mar 30, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #5,399 of 12,591
 After owning a shure SE530, Klipsh X11i, and other various headphones, I'm finally jumping into custom IEMs and ordered the Alclair CMVK's.  These should be very bass heavy, which I like. 

Whoa, 5 yr member 5 post!  Comes into basshead land with worthy contender.

Wish they would make a universal.  

Haha. Yeah man. I do post on other hobby forums but I've never had good luck with earphones due to fit. I figured that I wasn't getting what you guys have because my ear canals can never hold a seal.

I've always loved bass. You should see the Hsu Research subwoofer (VTF3) that I have in my small NYC apartment and the lengths I go to in order to prevent my neighbors to call the cops.

They just shipped out the CMVK's to me today and I should get it Friday. I'm hoping my fillings will rattle out and I would need to fit dentures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back