Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Mar 2, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #4,801 of 12,590

It will be fine. The Zx1 also has clear bass or something like that?  Sony with a Sony should work swimmingly. You got more input head room so the bass will move with your PHA dial if you want and the cable is longer than the xb90 as it's supposed to be for different use. not too long but a little longer.

I'll share my EQ and everything. You like some Pink Floyd n' stuff too?

If you slap a sleeve over the cable it will solve any tangle issues

https://www.takefiveaudio.com/mall/shopexd.asp?id=1464

Interested in getting a sleeve for my EX800ST...what's the correct length that I need to order?
Anything that can help that darn thin cable!

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #4,802 of 12,590
Interested in getting a sleeve for my EX800ST...what's the correct length that I need to order?

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #4,803 of 12,590

I think 1 meter and then cut it to length.

Lays out like a flat snake which is miles better than that thin witches hair ******* nightmare without the sheeth

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #4,805 of 12,590
  Hi all,
I'm using Power AMP for my Android phone (One Plus One).
Any suggestion with 10 bands EQ setting for EX800ST & XB90EX?
Will pair with Arrow 4G amp.

Thank you all,

Irvine

Using classic rock with hard to resolve guitar this turned out the best. (Neutron)

Using a 10 band slider...

31 +3    62 +2.5    250 -1   500 -.5   1k 0  2k -.5  4k +2  8k -2  10k +2 16k +2

Cutting 250 makes snappier bass on kick drum

Pulling 8k reduces any simbilance (usually occurs between 6.5 and 9k..roughly)

Raising up 10 and beyond widens stage gives air and most music info is not even that high but if it is you'll catch it. simbilance really is pre 10k and often 8k

This is my opinion

Mar 2, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #4,807 of 12,590

When it comes to Pink Floyd, you may be mistaking him with me as I was asking through which IEMs Pink Floyd sounds better. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Pink Floyd DSoTM is one of the finer mastering jobs I know of. Folks maybe scratch their heads when I talk about EQ'ing to Classic rock for Hip Hop but if you get a really good eq for vocals and acoustic electric guitars with pedals then go listen to 2pac All eyez on Me ...all the guitar and bass guitar from studio sampled stuff takes on a whole new level.

Mar 2, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #4,809 of 12,590
  Picked up my first set of fairly good iems. Bought the Klipsch R6. Really enjoying them

Long time no see!

Those Bluetooth? I want bluetooth to be so badass that I can amp the blue tooth signal as good as a hard cable and walk around thumping my brains to pieces...I can dream...

We put folks on the moon like 40 years ago already...What? lets get going with the tech mother ****ers!  They got energy beams that can kill folks in black/skunk work projects. I don't wanna kill folks i just want some wireless bass!!!

Mar 2, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #4,810 of 12,590

Long time no see!

Those Bluetooth? I want bluetooth to be so badass that I can amp the blue tooth signal as good as a hard cable and walk around thumping my brains to pieces...I can dream...

We put folks on the moon like 40 years ago already...What? lets get going with the tech mother ****ers!  They got energy beams that can kill folks in black/skunk work projects. I don't wanna kill folks i just want some wireless bass!!!

Been awhile. I've been in the shadows
Nope, wired. I would probably get some bluetooth headphones if that was possible, but in the mean time I stick with wired.I find that amp doesn't really help these at all. Not sure about the bluetooth though. Know wired is usually better. Have seen problems with other bluetooth headsets that the wired version do not have. The bluetooth R6 has very good reviews though. Cnet list the R6 as one of the best iems of 2016

Mar 2, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #4,811 of 12,590
The sub bass is excelling on the AS Kicker after a bit of burn in. I can honestly tell, the IEM sounded a bit stiff out of the box.
It's a worthy little brother to the 2.5 but if you must have the extra clarity or feeling of openness that makes you truly forget you have IEMs in save your $ and go for the 2.5.
For my listening purposes I enjoy the kicker but the bass is not as refined as the 2.5.

hopefully asg-b shows up today.

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #4,812 of 12,590
If the untaped MDR-7550 is the ASG 2.5, the XB90EX or taped 7550 is the ASG-B. It's a furious onslaught of bass. TONS of bass and it is DEEP and in my opinion MORE than the 2.5. It performed BEAUTIFULLY on songs the 2.5 muddied itself on. It is not exactly as refined as the 2.5 but is damn close.

This can do conflicting sub and mid bass without an issue and pound while doing it. It is very, vary dark so those who value detail on the mids/highs or want any manner of balanced sound should avoid the ASG-B. Those who find themselves wanting even more than the 2.5 can offer should consider the ASG-B if you can deal with the lack of non-bass detail.

I am going to either return or sell the Kicker. The kicker is more balanced but is very similar to the XB90EX with more detail and fun sound. Personally with the treble switch turned on with the Arrow 5TX it's plenty of treble for me with the ASG-B so this will be the keeper.

Third pair of Aurisonics I bought and the first to actually come with two small size tips BTW. I was laughing when I got the Kicker cause I finally had a full set of the small tips.

Mar 2, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #4,813 of 12,590
Long time no see!

I was just in the market for bt iems. I picked up the jaybird x2 for my daughter and the Motorola surround for myself. The jaybirds are pretty good. Bass isn't anything notable but better than the other bt iems. The Motorola's on the other hand are absolute crap. I watched 4 or 5 video reviews talking about how good the moto's sound is. Those people are full of it. The motos are the worst sounding iems I've ever heard. $5 gas station earbuds sound better. The motos have this audible crackle with mid-bass and male vocals. It's completely silent when no music is playing but when there's a signal the crackle comes through.

Mar 2, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #4,814 of 12,590
Anyone interested in BT IEMs might be interested in Trinity Audio's bluetooth cable. It's meant for their Atlas IEMs, but does have MMCX connectors so it should be compatible with the IEMs like Aurisonics Kicker, Shure SE846, JVC FX850, etc.

Might be something to keep an eye out for.

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #4,815 of 12,590

Using classic rock with hard to resolve guitar this turned out the best. (Neutron)

Using a 10 band slider...

31 +3    62 +2.5    250 -1   500 -.5   1k 0  2k -.5  4k +2  8k -2  10k +2 16k +2

Cutting 250 makes snappier bass on kick drum

Pulling 8k reduces any simbilance (usually occurs between 6.5 and 9k..roughly)

Raising up 10 and beyond widens stage gives air and most music info is not even that high but if it is you'll catch it. simbilance really is pre 10k and often 8k

This is my opinion

man thats very close to how i use eq, except i add more in 62 hz to be around +5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back