Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 6, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #2,101 of 12,590
What I find interesting here in Hong Kong is that I have known two different Audio shop managers who are not bassheads and the store they run sells almost every custom and universal IEMS both use the Aurisonics ASG 2.0 (one with stock cable the other an upgrade cable).I told them I liked the 2.5 better but both said they prefer the 2.0. As far as I know they dont know each other and the stores are located in different side of the city (one on the island the other at the main land).

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:03 PM Post #2,102 of 12,590
ive watched aurisonics bravo review where the aurisonics ceo was in japan talking about new earphones and he said that harmony is the main earphone and sounds the best and they wanted to make it with good price. i think they dont sell 2.5 anymore because its too expensive and not enough people buy it so they cant make money, so they made five different earphones at cheaper price.

does my theory sound good?
i might get one of the new aurisonics earphones

Oct 6, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #2,103 of 12,590
ive watched aurisonics bravo review where the aurisonics ceo was in japan talking about new earphones and he said that harmony is the main earphone and sounds the best and they wanted to make it with good price. i think they dont sell 2.5 anymore because its too expensive and not enough people buy it so they cant make money, so they made five different earphones at cheaper price.

does my theory sound good?
i might get one of the new aurisonics earphones

That is what I was thinking, assuming they've discontinued everything else.  I don't think there has been anything official, yet.  BTW the Bravo series is only 4 models.

Oct 6, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #2,104 of 12,590
so ive finally decided that denon d400 is a way better headphone than xb90ex and cost cheaper.
considering both meed a bass amp to get bass d400 is way better at detail and has almost the same bass. considering i paid almost 100 euro for xb90 including custom taxes and that i paid 65 euro for d400 also new, and than xb90 also need an amp which isnt that portable i say d400 is a better headphone. basically. but xb90 has more bass with bass amp, its just not very detailed.

i should probably add for me, cause i now realise how aubjective audio stuff could be. but for me owning both i pick d400 sounds more fun to my bass tastes hehe

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #2,107 of 12,590
so ive finally decided that denon d400 is a way better headphone than xb90ex and cost cheaper.
considering both meed a bass amp to get bass d400 is way better at detail and has almost the same bass. considering i paid almost 100 euro for xb90 including custom taxes and that i paid 65 euro for d400 also new, and than xb90 also need an amp which isnt that portable i say d400 is a better headphone. basically. but xb90 has more bass with bass amp, its just not very detailed.

i should probably add for me, cause i now realise how aubjective audio stuff could be. but for me owning both i pick d400 sounds more fun to my bass tastes hehe

D400 or C400? The D400 is over-ear. Can't get any of Denon's decent stuff in the states for under $100.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #2,108 of 12,590
This is how to acheive bass.

Oct 7, 2015 at 10:20 AM Post #2,109 of 12,590
Or this

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:54 AM Post #2,110 of 12,590

Your talking abut the fiios e18.  Its a kickass portable dac/amp.  It works on any android running 5.0, supposedly.

with the e18 you can hook it up to a comp and use it as an amp/dac or just a stand alone dac.  I use my for on the go and stand alone for my desktop rig.

I don't care much for flac files.  I'm doing a a/b comparison with tidal and spotify, and seriously, even with my gear, as of right now, i cant tell a difference in quality.  give me a couple more days with the testing.  I use spotify and eq with whatever eq app the supports its.  Equilify Pro for desktop, and spoteq for ios.

I would wait for more impression on the kickers before making a decision.

yep e18, that's the one I was looking into before

I have a m8.on kitkat usb dacs only worked with USB Audio application and I couldn't modify volume with volume boutons on the phone. On lollipop they brought full support so try to look on xda developers forum it may be supported as well with m7

I have lollipop, but if I remember correctly only certain roms have it enabled by default or something?  I have ARHD right now and at some point I was thinking about switching to cyanogen because I think cyanogen had it enabled.  it's been a while since I last did research on this subject

on another note, I had just read through the last couple pages and it looks like a lot more guys are looking into the Kickers.  awesome I guess we'll have some decent reviews in a couple more days

Oct 7, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #2,111 of 12,590

I have lollipop, but if I remember correctly only certain roms have it enabled by default or something?  I have ARHD right now and at some point I was thinking about switching to cyanogen because I think cyanogen had it enabled.  it's been a while since I last did research on this subject

on another note, I had just read through the last couple pages and it looks like a lot more guys are looking into the Kickers.  awesome I guess we'll have some decent reviews in a couple more days

E18 has plenty power and is plug n play. It was designed for droids and has a pair of the best otg cables ever. Good stuff.

Oct 7, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #2,112 of 12,590

I know my C5D says it will work with Android 5.1 and above, so I think Lollipop has the necessary features built-in.  I can't vouch for the E18, but I'd trust what HBB says 
biggrin.gif
  I can also give a +1 to the JDS Labs C5D, very good bass boost and solid hardware, made in the US, but costs about $100 more than the E18.

Oct 7, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #2,113 of 12,590
I wanted to give everyone an educated guess as to why the 2.5 is hard to get a hold of right now:

Aurisonics is tiny. They don't have the manufacturing capabilities that the big brands do, and do everything here in the States with their own team. Based on my knowledge of mass production, they likely are simply focusing on prepping inventory of the Bravo series. They don't have multiple production lines going all at once, causing everything else to become non-existent - for now.

This is all just an educated guess though. I'm hearing wonderful feedback regarding the Bravo series, with the exception of the Eva - which to my understanding had some production troubles.

Oct 7, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #2,115 of 12,590
Hi folks,

I own these: Velodyne Vpulse, Future Sonics Atrio MG7, HiSoundAudio Wooduo 2 and Diddy Beats. I'm ready for some next level stuff around the $200-$250 range. 

It would be much appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction. I tried reading all the different reviews but I have no idea what to get O_o?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back