Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
Oct 5, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #2,041 of 12,591
Oct 5, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2,042 of 12,591
  Where is the Kicker or any other Bravo Series being sold?  Aurisonics' website just says 'Coming Soon' all over it.

livesoundwave.com and eBay is the answer.  livesoundwave.com lets you audition gear for free if you buy or for $30 if you return everything, which isn't a bad deal at all if you don't have anywhere local to try them.

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #2,043 of 12,591
Thanks, done!  I've got the Sony MDR-XB90EX and Alpha & Delta AD01 arriving today from Amazon.
love the 90 but needs a good amp. Best sub bass.

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #2,045 of 12,591
LOL I had to share this:

https://www.livesoundwave.com/en-us/livesoundwave/earphones/quarkie-in-ear-viper-snake-head-earphones

It made me say "what the ****..." under my breath at my desk just now.  I know someone out there is rocking these right now 
etysmile.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #2,047 of 12,591

that 90 needs amp and eq and the AD do not. You just covered the spectrum
biggrin.gif
...and the AD01 come with comply tips that rock on the xb90 very nicely

The AD01 seems like it comes with a lot of stuff for under $100.  Detachable/upgradeable cable, dual drivers, Comply tips, etc.  They probably want to hook people with the low price to get a foothold in the game.  I'm cool with it 
tongue.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #2,048 of 12,591

The AD01 seems like it comes with a lot of stuff for under $100.  Detachable/upgradeable cable, dual drivers, Comply tips, etc.  They probably want to hook people with the low price to get a foothold in the game.  I'm cool with it 
tongue.gif

Lend Me Ur Ears did a very nice job with their first foray into IEM. The sales rep is solid too.

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #2,049 of 12,591
I just spent 1.5 hrs demoing the Kicker, Harmony, 2.5 and the Pioneer. I left with the Pioneer.

lol i have these, my favorite for bass

love the 90 but needs a good amp. Best sub bass.

ye xb90ex rely on a bass amp to get the bass. and it means spending extra 140 euro on a descent amp. if you get anything cheaper it will reduce detail of it. and scince pioneer se cx8 dont need an amp not only it sounds more detailed than xb90ex it also doesnt need an amp. thats why i prefer pioneer se cx8

so pioneer cx8 sounds better than autisonics kicker or its because its cheaper? thanks

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #2,050 of 12,591
Oct 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #2,051 of 12,591
em they arent really vibrating its almost not noticible. and i paired them with cozoy dac and they have much better sound than with iphone.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #2,052 of 12,591
em they arent really vibrating its almost not noticible. and i paired them with cozoy dac and they have much better sound than with iphone.
They bounce up and down man. They jump around.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:30 PM Post #2,053 of 12,591

Do you plan on using an amp or anyway of eq'ing?

yes on the amp but not currently, maybe in the future.  my current source is an HTC One M7.  I've been looking for a good usb-otg android dac/amp, which I believe fiio has one.  But I am not 100% sure my M7 supports audio via usb-otg.  I've read somewhere that M8 does (or did I read M9).  My M7 is on its last leg and will probably need to be replaced by 2016.  So I'm hoping to grab a new phone first, then a good usb-otg dac/amp next.

eq, sometimes.  I usually listen to flacs using poweramp app which has an eq.  But sometimes at work I get bored/lazy and just fire up pandora/spotify, so no amp for those.

for those just tuning in, so you guys don't have to dig through pages, my original question was asking for suggestions for a $150-$200 bassy IEMs.  I currently have FA Eternas

sooo, I've been reading the last couple pages and there's some good reviews on the kicker, which is around the high end of my budget but definitely doable if it's worth it.  interesting... if it turned out to be very nice I'd probably grab one

Oct 5, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #2,054 of 12,591

yes on the amp but not currently, maybe in the future.  my current source is an HTC One M7.  I've been looking for a good usb-otg android dac/amp, which I believe fiio has one.  But I am not 100% sure my M7 supports audio via usb-otg.  I've read somewhere that M8 does (or did I read M9).  My M7 is on its last leg and will probably need to be replaced by 2016.  So I'm hoping to grab a new phone first, then a good usb-otg dac/amp next.

eq, sometimes.  I usually listen to flacs using poweramp app which has an eq.  But sometimes at work I get bored/lazy and just fire up pandora/spotify, so no amp for those.

for those just tuning in, so you guys don't have to dig through pages, my original question was asking for suggestions for a $150-$200 bassy IEMs.  I currently have FA Eternas

sooo, I've been reading the last couple pages and there's some good reviews on the kicker, which is around the high end of my budget but definitely doable if it's worth it.  interesting... if it turned out to be very nice I'd probably grab one

Your talking abut the fiios e18.  Its a kickass portable dac/amp.  It works on any android running 5.0, supposedly.

with the e18 you can hook it up to a comp and use it as an amp/dac or just a stand alone dac.  I use my for on the go and stand alone for my desktop rig.

I don't care much for flac files.  I'm doing a a/b comparison with tidal and spotify, and seriously, even with my gear, as of right now, i cant tell a difference in quality.  give me a couple more days with the testing.  I use spotify and eq with whatever eq app the supports its.  Equilify Pro for desktop, and spoteq for ios.

I would wait for more impression on the kickers before making a decision.

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #2,055 of 12,591
@jmills8 i think i ask my question again, not sure if youve read it, did you buy pioneer se cx8 cause its sounds better than aurisonicks kicker or cause its cheaper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back