Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1)
May 29, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #572 of 12,591

Better than 846 in what way? Bass? Overall sound signature? I'm working on getting some of these to review right now but I'm curious since the Shures are so well-regarded.

846 has a nice deep bass but these actually moves air so same amount of bass as the 846 but I can feel the impact. Treble on the RD3 is a bit more clearer than the 846 with blue filters. Sound stage is wider on the RD3 and the mids on the RD3 is not as up front but the mids are detailed. The RD3 reacts a lot to choice of Cable. I have the Copper Litz made by Rhapsodio which really improved the overall sound. I still have my 846 but in a drawer.

May 29, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #573 of 12,591
I have 2 pairs of 5 EBs but the asg 2.5 and the Z5 are so much better in every area that there are no needs for me to ever reach for the UE 5 EBs.

If that's the case would you be interested in parting with a pair of 5 EBs?

I'll take a look at the other recommendations and see if anything there is available in the UK.

As for price range, that's a tough one. I pretty open on budget IF the extra money will buy me somthing executional.
I'll be using these with an unamped I phone so the source isn't perfect to start with.

Thanks again

May 29, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #574 of 12,591
If that's the case would you be interested in parting with a pair of 5 EBs?

I'll take a look at the other recommendations and see if anything there is available in the UK.

As for price range, that's a tough one. I pretty open on budget IF the extra money will buy me somthing executional.
I'll be using these with an unamped I phone so the source isn't perfect to start with.

Thanks again

You are not the first that wants to buy it and it was so cheap when it came out, UE with a dynamic driver haha. One is in bad shape and the other is ok but its my collection and I am in Hong Kong. If you ever fly here I might sell it to you. Cool Earpiece shape!

May 29, 2015 at 11:21 AM Post #577 of 12,591
You as want to check the reviews of the asg b, bass is there, but everything else seems to be lacking. Asg g2 or g2.5 might be a better choice. I've never heard the asg b, but it has the same driver as the g 2.5.

May 29, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #578 of 12,591
  How is ASG-B bass vs. xb90ex bass? 16mm vs 14.2mm. Which one should a basshead get? Seems like ASG has deeper and Sonys stronger bass, right.

I actually have the xb90ex coming to me soon as they got rec'd by a fellow car audio basshead.

I can't say which is better but the ASG B are targeting bassists and drummers by their own adds so ....you a bassist?
biggrin.gif

Here in Japan the Sony are 50 bucks. It's a no brainer for me to buy em. The stores don't display them as they are 3 years oldish but they got some heavy fan boys here in Japan.

May 29, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #579 of 12,591
  How is ASG-B bass vs. xb90ex bass? 16mm vs 14.2mm. Which one should a basshead get? Seems like ASG has deeper and Sonys stronger bass, right.

The ASG-B and ASG-2.5 have significantly more bass (both depth and impact) than the Sony XB90EX. I kept waiting for the Sony to start pounding my skull, but I tried burning them in for ~20 hours and never really felt them as much as even the Wooduo2. I returned mine, but I have considered picking them back up and burning them in for way longer to see if they ever open up and hit hard. The sub-bass on them was pretty good, but I was expecting to be blown away by the 16mm drivers and wasn't.

May 29, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #580 of 12,591
Hi all, I've been a user of Ultimate ears 5 EBs since they were first released. What current product would match them now.
Over the past few weeks I've purchased some UE 900's and RHA T10I and both were gutless in comparison.

Any suggestions are welcome

Was going though lojker's  NHT Superbuds review and in the comment section he says, the bass quantity of Superbuds is roughly same as UE Super.FI EB. You can see the review here -
http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone_review/nht-superbuds/

May 29, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #581 of 12,591
Hi all, I'm new to this site and so I, too, am looking for a new IEM to purchase and I decided to piggy back on this thread as it also applies to me regarding bassy IEM's. I currently have the Westone 4 and I have been using this for years. And I feel like it's time to change up. Bass isn't quite satisfying to my standards and overall it kind of sounds boring. I'm looking for more oomph and fun out of an IEM under $400. Something that really brings the music to life. I need something versatile as I listen to a lot of genres like Classic Rock, Rap/Hip-Hop, EDM/House/Trap, Classical, Pop, Country. I need bass to be there and satisfy me but also don't want to sacrifice highs and what not. I am currently looking at Fidue A83 and RHA T10. Noise isolation is important also...somewhay. Maybe someone here has a better solution. Thanks!

May 29, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #582 of 12,591
  Hey All!

I currently have the TripleFi's & GR07... I was looking to add another solid addition (possibly my best one to date) to my collection. This time though, I want the IEM's to be FUN, with sparkly highs, wide soundstage, and a DEEP LOW END....the kind that feels like you have subwoofers in your ears, just vibrating your brain.

I was looking at the Sony XBA-A3's . They seem like they hit everything I want, but there's not that many reviews on them. Originally I was looking at the H3's but didn't want to buy the version 1. Will the A3's be more refined (like a version 2) and keep that amazing bass? Does it have amazing bass? Are they solid $300 IEM's (my price range)? I'd like your opinion!

Thanks

May 29, 2015 at 6:03 PM Post #584 of 12,591
Luckbad says the A3's hit the low notes well, and with the BA drivers, don't drown out the mids and highs. There was someone in this thread, however, that said, because of the large bass port, they leak a lot of sound. That's all I know on them, not having heard them myself. The T10i's are bassy, and EQ'd properly, can give you a little bit of bass sensation.

My recommendation for both of you is check out the Pioneer review on http://www.basshead.club, those, with the bass exciter, give, from Luckbad's opinion, some crazy bass feeling. And they're around $250 on Amazon.

May 29, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #585 of 12,591
I have the A3s. Great IEMs for the money. Their extension is good but both eph-100 and velvets are louder and rumble more in the sub-bass region. A3s have great mid-bass quantity though and the quality of bass is great, they really feel like spekers in ears. Layering and seperation of A3s are out of this world too but female vocals can get shouty sometimes. Overall treble extension is great too. Velvets have better clarity and smoother vocals overall and they extend just as much as A3s in treble. Velvets have the best sub-bass impact I have heard (in warm mode) but since they are BAs the feeling is not as satisfying as lets say the eph-100s even though the quality of bass on the eph100s is worse. I also have ie80s. They are no good in my opinion for bass. There is so much midbass that it overshadows the subbass otherwise their bass extension is pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back